It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'Tank' Purchase Riles New Hampshire Town

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, in the beginning I knew that the department of Homeland Security was just another Military-Industrial Complex procurement "front" to replace the Pentagon (who were increasingly incapable of hiding their lusty purchasing habits)

Now this just clinches the fact. They are convincing mainstream small town America that they need combat vehicles of urban pacification.. and then granting (spending) tax dollars as a result of "that need."

Nothing like indoctrinating law enforcement into being so frightened for their lives to motivate them to demand to be "combat" ready against criminals in their community... assuming they feel any connection to the community that differs from 'prison guard.'

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And this is one of the most ill attempts to justify its acquisition using the worst kind of logic:

Massery said Keene's anti-Bearcat citizens deliberately mischaracterize how the vehicle would be used, and pointed to incidents he said have saved police officers' lives. "When you see some Palestinian terrorist causing problems in Jerusalem, what do you usually see next? You see a tank with a cannon show up outside the guy's house, and the tank blows the house to smithereens. When a Lenco Bearcat shows up at a crime scene where a suicidal killer is holding hostages, it doesn't show up with a cannon. It shows up with a negotiator. Our trucks save lives. They save police lives. And I can't help but think that the people who are trying to stop this just don't think police officers' lives are worth saving."

Hostage negotiator's showing up in tanks??? What Hollywood film has this DG been watching?

Of all the negotiations that take place (in a place such as Keene), the likelihood and a negotiator having to show up is ridiculous. Why the heck would a negotiator have to show up in armored tank?? Patrol car not good enough?

Perhaps the citizens should start driving them, so they won't get killed by a trigger happy cop.

Of course, they'll be rolling up in domestic disputes, likely.

Police State. Makes me SICK, and that these locally elected jerk-offs on a powertrip are buying and selling themselves into this for personal gain.

This crap is getting to be so regular that i am becoming absolutely at a loss for words. It's scary as hell how it's creeping up on us, and accepted by so many people (oftentimes in ignorance) in the name of safety and security. And now we have the drones.

Police State. 1984.

One speaker quoted in the Keene Sentinel was Roberta Mastrogiovanni, owner of a newsstand downtown. “It promotes violence,” Mastrogiovanni said. “We should promote more human interaction rather than militarize. I refuse to use money for something this unnecessary when so many people in our community are in need.”

Amen.

Why can't we use our great nations as a means for peace instead of a means for war and destruction?

Oh, yeah. The latter is infinitely more profitable.

ETA:

Just caught this in the article, which kinda supports my "what Hollywood film" comment:

Keene residents opposed to the Bearcat point to a video Lenco uses to market the vehicle to police departments. (See below.) The video doesn't stress negotiation, but shows the vehicle being used aggressively. The video viewpoint is similar to that of a shooter role-playing game, set to the AC/DC song "Thunderstruck." Cops dressed in camouflage tote assault weapons, pile in and out of the vehicle, and take aim at targets from around and behind the vehicle. They attach a battering ram to the front of the vehicle, break through the front door of a house, then inject tear gas. The Keene city council barred Clark from showing the video at the February committee meeting, and LENCO has since removed the video from publicly-accessible pages of its website. "That video is totally irrelevant," Massery said. "We used some Hollywood effects and slick marketing to promote our product. So what?"

THAT'S what he was watching... "YEAH, let's get one of THOSE bada-- things!"
edit on 16-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Maybe I am the only one who sees the irony of all this, I mean most Americans support having guns as do many against this "tank" will. Yet both a tank and gun are designed for the exact same purpose, I guess to make it fair Americans should start getting tanks too?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know that to serve a warrant without a tank, they actually have to go through the effort to put down the doughnut, get out of the car, walk up to your house, and knock on the door....
That burns far to many calories....
Why not just drive it right into your house and save the extra effort for more important things like cattle-prodding children and writing speeding tickets.
It's not abuse, its efficiency.

]/mod] extra DIV

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I hear a tank opens any door rather easily

They bought a 300,000 dollar spare key they didnt need!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

What rolls through walls
busts through halls
Rolls over your neighbors dog

Its Tank
Its Tank...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's astounding the excuse they give for it.
Like 9/11 is even comparable to a small town like that.
People are better suited to responding to a crisis than waiting for the police to eventually show up.
By the time they've got that thing started up and moving to the scene of a crisis it'll more than likely be over or in the dying-out phase!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

had just accepted a $285,933 grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Homeland Security gives out grants now? That is such random hogwash!

$285,933 dollars? for a damn car? WTF? I'm sure the town could use that money for something a little more beneficial to their townsmen.

The money is well spent... if you intend to kill people who don't pay their taxes to infinity to the banksters.

But yeah.

Let's face the facts here, homeland security is preparing itself for WAR against the American people.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For a town that has had only 2 murders in 10+ years a tank is a little overboard. If this tank is to be used in surrounding counties/cities and the use/cost is absorbed amongst multiple municipalities than I can see its relevance.
I'm not against preparation by any means, I know many of you think the gov't is out to get us and this will be used on innocent Americans etc etc. but what if this "tank" saves your life or the life of others. Will you be singing the same tune or, will you be happy they were prepared for any situation?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

but what if this "tank" saves your life or the life of others.

Yeah sure. Tanks saves people lives.

If it saves lives, then let's buy eleventy brazillion of them!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Armored tank aside the actions of the citizens is what ive been talking about in other threads. They got the information on the tank, they expressed their opinions as to why they are against it, and they followed that up by going to the city government to tell them what they think in person.

Identify the problem
Research it
Make counter argument
be heard and follow up

Props to the citizens for taking a stand and being heard.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You know this will only lead to esculation.
Next year the hardend criminals in New Hampshire will be roll'n in these:

No good will come of this.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
American govt is preparing for war against its citizens.They and the law enforcement plan to wage genocide on law abiding citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Biigs

What rolls through walls
busts through halls
Rolls over your neighbors dog

Its Tank
Its Tank...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.
That wasn't a total waste. I'd be among the 0.01% of the population who laughed at that obscure reference to "Log".

I guess they have to be prepared when the next murder happens in, say, another 10 years. But by then they will claim this tank is obsolete and will be asking for a new one, so yeah, that's pretty wasteful!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

CIA is arming the mexican cartels with guns.So now they will provide the cartels with heavy artillery and airpower too?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Hey, its only if that happens, better be prepared for your own countrys civil war on goverment... apparrently...

You heard about the plans to have 30,000 air drones by 2020?

Yep its all heading towards some sort of expected civil unrest.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I am not american sir.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Im a man whod rather "play" in the back of the "bear" with a woman, whilst someone else drives, btw the kids from keener should totally rob that in "false flag" style with a bunch of suits and a man looking like gw bush imagine that on the news lol

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Um youve obviously not been to any palestinian terrorist hostage taking parties lol, negotiaters are often needed to get pizza and cookies.

America is proving to have way to many stupid people, not doing anything and letting way to many stupid people "take care" of things lol

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You have a better chance of winning the lottery than being the victim of a terrorist attack. You have a better chance of being hit by lightning than being in a terrorist attack. The government is in collusion with the companies supplying military styled goods for law enforcement. Somebody is getting their palm greased. Follow the money and it will tell the tale.

You are even more likely to be killed by a police officer then you are getting killed in a TERROR attack.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join