It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be spitting at our troops?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

So how do you propose to "wake them up?" If you see a soldier standing in line at Dunkin' Donuts, do you just go up and strike up a conversation about the wickedness of the government? Will you berate them at the gas station? Let's say you see one at Walmart with his/her family..do you run up and tell the kids that dad's a tool of the evil illuminati? Yeah, that'll make them see the light and I'm sure you'll be thanked.

Seriously, how do you propose to do this?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Well now..........

Why did'nt you just say that the first time...............

I totally agree with your statement this time.......

I know some......well...... american, americans.................

Also I know some less than american, americans
Real bums

LJ01 is home from a pretty less than stellar day at more schooling............I'm Union and I have to work my way up the ladder.......I am trying to do my part and pay everybody and their dog, including corrupt uncle sam

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No. But you are right. And the soldier's don't really buy the propaganda. My brother is in the Marine Corps.. And one time when the discussion went that way blatantly said "I don't give a f--- about your freedoms. They send me over there, I'm not fighting for freedom. I'm fighting to stay alive" (Paraphrased.)

It's such a sham when they tell people it is for our Freedom. We all know it's not true but when the patriotic blood flows we'll tell ourselves that soldiers die fighting for a virtue to let ourselves feel better because we let them be sent to fight wars that have no business being fought by us.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

You're saying that people who aren't boot-lickers are ruining this country?

There is no law that says that we have to heap truckloads of adoration upon our warrior class.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

No I'm saying that people who whine and complain about problems that they created are ruining this website. I said nothing about the country.

No one is asking for adoration, just to be treated equally and for citizens to take responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If the Chinese invade a US city those who resist and fight them will be called hero's, how are cities occupied by US forces any different? War is an ugly business where right and wrong is usually defined by the color of your uniform.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can't speak for everyone in the military, but I know that the wars are unjust, and that we are not defending anyone's freedoms. All you can do is try to do the right thing in any given situation.

I don't want, need or deserve any praise from anyone.
But with that being said. If anyone spits on me, they should expect to get their face stomped in.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Q: Should we be spitting at our troops?

A: Sure, if you want a trip to the ER.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Geez. All that fuss over SPIT?

You'd be a bigger man to not give him what he's expecting.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
No. I'm as angry as the next person about this non stop war we've found ourselves in but there's some things not being taken into consideration in the OP.

1) Our economy is in the toilet and for many it's either enlist, become a criminal or be homeless. There's a 2-year wait to get in the Airforce currently and a wait list for other branches as well (not sure how long).

2) We do actually need troops in the ultimate what if scenario...we'd be taken over faster than you could blink an eye if we had no troops.

I understand the rhetoric we're being expected to choke down coming from the government and media, but that's not the troops fault.

ETA Also I think returning vets are extremely awake should we ever need them

edit on 16-2-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No spitting on someone is the most offensive thing one can do and you deserve to have your ass kicked if you try it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

To answer your question...No. We shouldn't spit on our troops. We should spit on the ones behind the desks and in the war rooms who devise different "reasons" to send our troops overseas where they don't belong. They belong HERE. Physically defending our borders.

People are starting to wake up to the fact that the reason foreign countries dislike us is because we go wherever and stick our noses in things where they don't belong.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How about this OP you can go spit on on the troops, get mangled, killed and or beaten and I'll turn on the news and laugh

You anti-troop/war nuts always make me laugh. I'm against the wars too, but some of the venom and hate I hear from you guys almost wants me to switch camp. You make them look peaceful by comparison.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the troops should either quit or be ashamed.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In response to the OP: No, that would only enrage them and further entrench them in the mindset that they are right. Any form of overt attack makes most people dig into their position, no matter how stupid, because they are now protecting their egos, rather than their position. Even after they realize they are wrong, they will not come out of the trenches, so to speak, because their ego was bruised and they feel they must avenge that assault.

I used to respect the troops, even though I did not support the war. However, as time has past, I find I can no longer respect a willing pawn of evil, no matter what that pawns personal alignment might be.

I simply do not associate with them.

And if most people stopped associating with them, and simply treated them as tolerated, but not welcomed outsiders of dubious merit, new recruit numbers would plunge. All this fawning over military personnel gives kids the idea its cool to be a soldier in an illegal war. Start passively treating the troops as if they have willingly supported evil and the murder of millions for the profit of a few (which they have), and Ill guarantee that the vast majority of kids seeing these people treated as social pariahs will turn them completely off from joining the military war machine.

No violence necessary. Only psychology.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Blame the commander in chief not the troops, I don't recall the cinc or someone from the puzzle palace asking the troops if they wanted to go to Iraq or Afghanistan. If your unit was called you went, don't like it TOO BAD.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Another "I hate the military" post.

yay.

You'd see a plethora of "I hate idiot hippies" posts in reply, but those that wear the uniform have a little more class than the OP (and those that starred him).

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
In response to the OP: No, that would only enrage them and further entrench them in the mindset that they are right. Any form of overt attack makes most people dig into their position, no matter how stupid, because they are now protecting their egos, rather than their position. Even after they realize they are wrong, they will not come out of the trenches, so to speak, because their ego was bruised and they feel they must avenge that assault.

I used to respect the troops, even though I did not support the war. However, as time has past, I find I can no longer respect a willing pawn of evil, no matter what that pawns personal alignment might be.

I simply do not associate with them.

And if most people stopped associating with them, and simply treated them as tolerated, but not welcomed outsiders of dubious merit, new recruit numbers would plunge. All this fawning over military personnel gives kids the idea its cool to be a soldier in an illegal war. Start passively treating the troops as if they have willingly supported evil and the murder of millions for the profit of a few (which they have), and Ill guarantee that the vast majority of kids seeing these people treated as social pariahs will turn them completely off from joining the military war machine.

No violence necessary. Only psychology.

No worries. We wouldn't hang out with you, either. And the part you're missing is that the vast majority of people I've met while wearing my uniform were pleasant, great folks. You, I think, find yourself in the tiny minority. But again, we'll make sure you don't get any Christmas cards this year just so you can continue be ignored by the 22 million veterans and (by extension) the 100 million family members of veterans.

It's only 1/3 of the population, I'm sure you'll find some friends out there.

edit on 16-2-2012 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
editing.
edit on 16-2-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What's funny is that Ron Paul has the largest military support base than any other candidate....yet we're still all evil

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join