It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be spitting at our troops?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
I served in the military for 16 years as a dental assistant, never been deployed and if someone spit in my face well I'll just say they should cancel christmas for that year since they won't be there to participate.

I joined the military because I wanted to go to college but even with 2 scholarships, I couldn't afford to go. Alot of people have done the same thing. Some people want to travel, want a "better" life, etc. We are citizens just like you.

Yes, our job is to fight for the liberties of the people, even though we lose much of those same freedoms when joining. You can't just up and quit. You can let your enlistement run out and not reenlist or you can get yourself kicked out or retire.

Spitting on someone is HIGHLY disrespectful where I'm from and other places I have been.

What are you doing? Common sense is not welcome here.

Everyone knows that if you join the military, you've definitely been to Iraq, you've definitely been sent into a combat zone, and you've definitely taken the lives of innocent children for fun and raped babies. We are all the same, and we chose to be sent there.

edit on 2-16-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

That seems to be the general opinion for alaot of people these days. I think that view is pathetic but hey, I'm just a blood thirsty, baby killing, child raping piece of scum since I was a Marine. That's ok, someday people will truly need us again and all this horse puckey will go away. At least those who still serve will continue to give these people(at least the americans) the freedom to do so.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No you shouldn't
And for a number of reasons
Not all trades in the mil are to kill
Medics,padres, clerks, ect ect
Not everyone joins the infantry to kill
It's the skills and experiences portrayed through propaganda that attracts many ( see the world, lots of friends, education, ect ect )
But then once you've joined ( not too sure about the US system ) You can't get out until you've done your time ( 3 years in many countries )
whether or not you agree with your tasking is irrelevant, what ever shady facts youve learnt to turn you against that particular war is nothing but knowledge
so to disobey deployment results in incarceration
So you soldier on cautiously applying your distrust for your commanders and government to EVERY order and EVERY situation, not just following orders but applying your own morals and judgement to everything ( many disobey orders because they feel them to be illegal or plain wrong )
Eventually you find yourself in a position where you want to be deployed
Becouse you know the truth and don't want some zombie in your place - you WANT to go to make sure it's done right and morally ( regardless of what TPTB want ) YOU are in the situations YOU make that command decision
Now don't get me wrong theres many bad eggs in the mil ( and sorry for saying this but the US has more than its fair share - maybe its Hollywood maybe it's your society ? I'm not sure but you seem to produce more gun ho grunts than most countries I've had to work with )
But if I go - means one of them doesn't
And putting myself in the position to influence my commanders and guide my troops to ensure things are done right
Call me what you want I've been to afghan 4 times alone - some things most are only speculating about now or are learning about I've KNOWN for a long time
But alas world politics are far deeper and more complicated than 99% can fathom

So no you should not spit at troops
If you spat at me .............I'd .………well it wouldn't end well

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Amen.
I'm just going to wait until they start rounding up people here in the states and shipping them off to camps and see how quick their attitude changes from "# you!!" to "please save me I don't know what to do!"

Hell the military/ex military will be the majority, if not the only people willing to stand up against that. Just look at the state militias that civilians join to get training from ex military. At least they know better than to "spit" at us.

(spit? seriously?)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Might be a stupid question but isn't spitting on someone considered "assault" in the States? It is here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by rockledr
I am active Army with 23 years experience. For all of you who want to spit on troops, come to Fort Drum and put your money where your mouth is. But be forewarned... Don't let your aligator mouth overload your mockingbird A$$. We have 10,000 troops who have recently returned from both countries. The only thing between you and ud is air and opportunity. As I have said before come get some.

but, i can guarantee 85 percent of these "troops" u call them, will be locked up n prison or commit other acts of violence! so take your tuff guy attitude to the slammer solder!!!

oh and its experience not your way of spelling lol!!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: poor spelling by a soldier

85 percent huh? I'd like to know where you pulled these statistics from, even though I'm sure I already have an idea

you* in* tough* soldier* it's*
Before you try to critique other people's spelling, maybe you should check your own

How embarrassing.

ETA: He didn't even spell "experience" incorrectly ROFL.
edit on 2-16-12 by reaxi0n because: /facepalm

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah, I believe since the AIDS epedemic hit it has become law just about everywhere in the states. Also due to prisoners spitting on gaurds in our lovely prison systems. Most police in America keep spit masks on hand to protect them from nasty suspects.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Originally posted by steve95988

I am active Army with 23 years experience. For all of you who want to spit on troops, come to Fort Drum and put your money where your mouth is. But be forewarned... Don't let your aligator mouth overload your mockingbird A$$. We have 10,000 troops who have recently returned from both countries. The only thing between you and ud is air and opportunity. As I have said before come get some.

but, i can guarantee 85 percent of these "troops" u call them, will be locked up n prison or commit other acts of violence! so take your tuff guy attitude to the slammer solder!!!

oh and its experience not your way of spelling lol!!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: poor spelling by a soldier

85 percent huh? I'd like to know where you pulled these statistics from, even though I'm sure I already have an idea

you* in* tough* soldier* it's*
Before you try to critique other people's spelling, maybe you should check your own

How embarrassing.

Beautiful
star for you
( well their will be when I get to a device that will let me - sorry not in a comfy chair in a warm house infront of a computer Like many spend their lives)
edit on 16-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added apology for star

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
By spitting you're showing you're uncivilized and lowering yourself to their level...

You should condemn their actions instead,and not just theirs but other organizations as well who do the same thing.

Fight with words not your fist.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'd say that our rage should be directed at the politicians.

Want to end wars, reinstate the draft w/o loopholes. When everyone has to share the burden, the gov't wont' be as quick to send out the thugs.

Derek

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Just thought I'd let the genius know

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Oracle
By spitting you're showing you're uncivilized and lowering yourself to their level...

You should condemn their actions instead,and not just theirs but other organizations as well who do the same thing.

No please come down to our uncivilised level - but you'll have to get off your high horse first
And then I'll eat it ( well it'll be better than ass of goat with a side of camel spider thorax ( hey thorax what a word - and I know what it means - yay for uncivilised me )

edit on 16-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey OP,

I shouldn't be spit on because it's my only choice. I don't have money to go to college, there are no manufacturing jobs around here that will hire 17 year olds with no experience. My only option is to join the military. Plain and simple. Or just live with my parents for the foreseeable future. Don't criticize ME for doing something I don't want to do. Criticize Obama & the elite.

Peace,
Aquarist

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

Originally posted by The_Oracle

No please come down to our uncivilised level - but you'll have to get off your high horse first
And then I'll eat it ( well it'll be better than ass of goat with a side of camel spider thorax ( hey thorax what a word - and I know what it means - yay for uncivilised me )

edit on 16-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

Hey, they need someone to project their anger onto! What better than the face of the military, rather than the faceless American public who voted war mongers into office, and then subsequently do nothing to change it?

I wonder what level they're on

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Why, it almost sounds like the soldiers should be spitting on the people who support the commander in chief!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why, it most certainly does sound that way sir.
Hmmm...what an interesting turn of events.

We certainly can't forget the people who elect members of Congress either, who sign things such as The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists which gave the President a free ticket to wage war on whoever he deemed appropriate.

But then again, this is just coming from a child raping baby killing psychotic sadist, so don't pay any attention to me

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I actually respect the US for the way that they treat the military. I once had a para tell me that he got discounts in shops in the US even being a UK citizen in uniform, where in the UK they get nothing.

I cannot understand where the OP is coming from. I think all wars are wrong and unjust and I can point this to a zillion and one things in our society - amount of violence allowed on TV, biassed reporting of the TV news, the way that violent people are looked up to all the way in life - from violent "TV heroes", glamorisation of violence and the total condemnation of the brave people who try to broker peace e.g. the people who try to bring links between groups of people. Shall I go on - the outlandish focus on violent criminals in our newspapers and why - because it sells papers and it shows us really the type of people that we are.

When the monkey threw up the stick in 2001 and it changed into the spacecraft,signifying that although our technology may be better we are still driven by prehistoric urges and drives.

I haven't mentioned religion yet - "fight thy good fight", God was brilliant at smiting people and showing that a bully always wins. Indeed the irony of killing is that most religions don't allow it and yet many wars have been fought here.

So violence is engrained in everything we do and is promoted everywhere and we all have a responsibility to stop this. The army is just the thin end of the wedge and certainly we cannot put the worlds problems on 18 /19 year olds

As for the OP spitting at them - violence just begets violence, he is no better than those that he tries to condemn, Just outrageous. ... Sorry rant over

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

We certainly can't forget the people who elect members of Congress either, who sign things such as The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists which gave the President a free ticket to wage war on whoever he deemed appropriate.

But then again, this is just coming from a child raping baby killing psychotic sadist, so don't pay any attention to me

You forgot to mention that we alo eat live tiny kittens.
But I won't elaborate.

I'm too busy burning villiages.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

You forgot to mention that we alo eat live tiny kittens.
But I won't elaborate.

I'm too busy burning villiages.

Ah the kittens....delicious

It's all good, I'm late for a looting anyway. I best get going or I won't get to participate in the gangbang afterwards

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by zatara

I have given this lots of thought as I have a few deployments under my belt.

Do I think we should be in Afghanistan? Not now and not for the last few years, but it's for different reasons than you can know unless you were there. The US troops should be at home securing our borders and providing defense for the nation.

Offense is a completely different objective and I agree we in the military work for some corrupt politicians on both sides of the isle. They are one in the same, no matter who is in charge. We live in a corrupt world and it is obvious.
If you want to protest the fighting great I am with you on that. I have lost too many friends, some in my arms for this continued BS. But people join the military for different reasons, poverty, patriotism, trying to fit in. college money. These are not the people who need to be "SPIT ON" Try the politicians and MSM the propaganda is in full swing and has been for a long time.

I will continue this later I need to go to work again.

Thanks for your thoughts so far.

Do I understand your words right, please correct when I am wrong.

Many people now see that wars are started for the wrong reasons and for the benifit of a few. Wouldn't you agree that these people who have the power, resources and money to manipulate people into illegal wars do not deserve to die for?

Because your personal situation requiers income or prospect, are you saying you would join the army even if you know you would be fighting for the wrong reasons and for a corrupt leadership? Would you not be equally be quilty to the missery the war cause, after all you will be their extension in the field and the one that pulls their trigger.

Or were you enlisted and became aware of the lies during your tour in Iraq? What can a soldier do when he refuse orders on moral grounds?

edit on 16/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join