It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany suggesting regime change in Greece

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I believe most all US and State government employees have the right to collect a pension after working 30 years and reaching age 55. 30 years of your life is not a short amount of time. We have enough potential workers to have everyone retire after 30 years of work. In fact, one reason for our employment issues is that most people have to stay at jobs past 55 in order to keep paying their bills. This means less jobs for the younger generations, especially in a world where it takes less and less human labor to complete a task.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by Seed76

The Huffington Post reported the average age of Greek retirement is 53.
HERE
The Washinton Post reported Greek retirement age is 53.
HERE
edit on 16-2-2012 by Heros_son because: (no reason given)

now then. its best not to belief eveything you read in the papers... Thats something you should have learnt from ATS. Your sources are incorrect. Have you ever been to Greece. No offense meant but I dont think you know what you are talking about. This is a bank buyout. It is not the fault of the Greece people..

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Don't worry I'm sure Russia and China will object!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Awesome one guy says I have numbers that say one thing...ten other posters say. " Its not true."
One guy posts ten links to prove his numbers. the ten other posters reply " Its not true"

Sad...those who feel entitled are just so lazy...how about taking a time to look for a link instead of a bailout?

edit on 16-2-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
reply to post by Heros_son

You can believe whatever, you want too. But sometimes you have to do some research. For example your retirement age.
The first source is from the German "Spiegel", which had an interesting article called :The Myth of a Lazy Southern Europe- Merkel´s Cliches Debunked by Statistics.

The second Source: OECD, based on national labour force surveys.

Peace

I exclude you from my previous post. Good job.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So on average, Mexicans remain in their illicit drug dealing careers up until their mid-70s before retiring!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
good idea, there is no hope in greece with the current people in power and the people of greece are just stupid - sorry to say that - but they fight each other instead building a joint front against their politicians, the people who are to blame for all that....instead they perform a civil war and waste time, credebility and (again) their own money by destroying their capitol....just a hopeless situation....they really need a forced change

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All of the ramped up austerity measures are to ease market sentiment
the market doesn't look to far in advance, just the next bump or dip.
Slamming the greek people with a massive austerity package and then
complaining that you don't trust the people to elect your stooges is just
ridiculas, your either for democracy or your not.
The austerity has reduced greek GDP buy 7% and this is before the latest
round of cuts, where 15000 people loose there jobs, imagin what it would have
been like if the banks & EU had got all of what they wanted.
this is all short term myopic BS. They are hindering growth when they need
growth.
Post pone the elections untill when, the end of 2013 when all of the pain of the
Austerity is at it's full height. If they take away the democratic right of the people
to elect it's own gevernment I fully support any revolution.
the banks will get F all then.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How can they even do that? Germany is going to take over Greece now?

Perhaps THEY need a change first?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

How about all the countries in trouble are in need of forced change?

Who would you want to enforce that change?

The same people that caused the problem?

I think I would rather have revolution than a multinational market driven solution becuse that will always be in favout of them not us. You want to be farmed then go back into the pen with the other sheep.

edit on 16-2-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
For the life of me, I still don't understand why some of these politicians in Greece don't tell the bankers to get the f out, and then just swallow their lumps and start anew. It worked for the people in Iceland, and frankly, I'd be repulsed if any foreign power came into my country saying what we had to do.

Debt will always be an albatross around the neck of any country who lets it remain, so it's better to make some people mad and assert your freedom in my view. Go back to the drachma, let the corrupt EU take control of whatever it will, and be your own nation.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Im all against greedy banks, Germany trying to be the 4th Reich etc etc but don't paint this to be a war between evil vs. innocent.,

How about this:

One hundred thousand "dead souls" take pensions in Greece
Over one hundred thousand pensioners in Greece are "dead souls" as revealed by the census carried out by National Insurance Institute IKA. Until yesterday, the institute had registered 898,643 retirees who receive primary or secondary pension, and 109,421 did not appear at all. This probably means that the rightful claimants are deceased and their families continued to receive their pensions illegally.

According to IKA’s manager Rovertos Spiropoulos, the Institute will stop paying those pensioners who are "not counted". "Those who were negligent can go to any bank branch and be counted. We will pay them their pensions and they will continue to receive them only then. "

He said that the Institute will investigate the cases of non census retirees. "If it is proved that they illegally received pensions we will require that they or their heirs return the amounts within ten years, and we will begin criminal persecution against them too."

Rovertos Spiropoulos said that if the number of people who illegally received pensions is equal to the number of those not counted, this will mean that the Greek National Insurance Institute is losing € 1.5 billion annually. "Within ten years, IKA’s loss will exceed € 15 billion."

www.grreporter.info...

The whole damn Greece is corrupt from the top to bottom. Everything requires bribes in Greece, even the court system. Debt is not the problem, debt is the symptom of a corrupt country.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The question isn't about corruption. Germany, Greece, the EU, the bankers, and probably the unions in Greece are all corrupt. Such is the nature of institutions that go after power.

The question is one of self-determination. Without that, I don't really see the point of being a nation, and if Greece wants to spend itself to oblivion, that should be their right. If they default, it was the folly of those who invested in their sovereign debt, and they will presumably make a decision about future offerings accordingly, but to cede control over your nation, your government, and ultimately, your lives to some outside power for debt is insanity.

I sincerely doubt there will be tanks rolling down the street to collect, so I think the Greeks should take this as a chance to learn a lesson about sustainability and self-reliance, avoid the bankers, realize you have to live within your means, but not agree to pay interest at any cost just so you can be a part of some club.

I suspect, come election time, we'll see some results in Greece.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r
Im all against greedy banks, Germany trying to be the 4th Reich etc etc but don't paint this to be a war between evil vs. innocent.,

How about this:

One hundred thousand "dead souls" take pensions in Greece
Over one hundred thousand pensioners in Greece are "dead souls" as revealed by the census carried out by National Insurance Institute IKA. Until yesterday, the institute had registered 898,643 retirees who receive primary or secondary pension, and 109,421 did not appear at all. This probably means that the rightful claimants are deceased and their families continued to receive their pensions illegally.

According to IKA’s manager Rovertos Spiropoulos, the Institute will stop paying those pensioners who are "not counted". "Those who were negligent can go to any bank branch and be counted. We will pay them their pensions and they will continue to receive them only then. "

He said that the Institute will investigate the cases of non census retirees. "If it is proved that they illegally received pensions we will require that they or their heirs return the amounts within ten years, and we will begin criminal persecution against them too."

Rovertos Spiropoulos said that if the number of people who illegally received pensions is equal to the number of those not counted, this will mean that the Greek National Insurance Institute is losing € 1.5 billion annually. "Within ten years, IKA’s loss will exceed € 15 billion."

www.grreporter.info...

The whole damn Greece is corrupt from the top to bottom. Everything requires bribes in Greece, even the court system. Debt is not the problem, debt is the symptom of a corrupt country.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

The USA has 2 million dead voters!! Are you kidding me??

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Germany has conquered Greece before .. what's new? This time they did it without guns at least.

The only irony I see is that the Greek government has already been altered by Germany.. they even replaced the PM with an unelected Reserve Banker..

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Outside nations assisted in a coup in Greece before. Would they do it again? I imagine if their bosses told them to do so, they would.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Vitchilo

Germany has conquered Greece before .. what's new? This time they did it without guns at least.

The only irony I see is that the Greek government has already been altered by Germany.. they even replaced the PM with an unelected Reserve Banker..

When did that happen? Greece got invaded by the Germans but was never conquered
edit on 16-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by colin42

The Greeks dug their own hole. The debt stems from the countless entitlements. It's a shining example of why "nanny states" don't work.

People can, and have, taken to the streets. Shouting blame, and pointing fingers, and of course acting violently. It was predictable that riots would start.

A little individual responsibility, and hard work would have avoided this mess.

Did you think of that, or was it something you found in a cookie jar.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
for some info about their "protest" watch this documentary...i totaly lost my respect for their "protest"...they simply fight each other....and in such a situation - plain stupidity!

edit on 16-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

I don't have enough hands for all the facepalms your comment deserves

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join