It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Says Iran's Nuclear Claim is Hype

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

US Says Iran's Nuclear Claim is Hype

www.businessweek.com

Feb. 16 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. played down Iran’s claim of a “major” nuclear breakthrough as an exaggeration to bolster nationalism amid tighter sanctions rather than a step toward developing an atomic weapon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I found this to be probably one of the funniest headlines I have seen in awhile not to mention ironic.

So the United States and Israel both claimed Iran was on the brink of a Nuclear weapon and must be stopped. Rattling sabres and beating on the war drums for a couple of months now at least. Talk of preemptive strikes, unexplained explosions, and even assassinations (which I actually thought was banned by the US itself).

Now all of a sudden Iran is embellishing their achievements in nuclear technology.

These articles are the ones that just make you go hmmm. When the same government claiming one thing suddenly turns around and contradicts itself. If we do end up at war with Iran. Then of course they will claim these articles never existed. Kind of like when Bush went from saying Iraq had WMD's to saying we never said they had WMD's.

Here is a link to where Israel is saying the same thing.

Israeli Official: Iran Embellishes Nuclear Gains

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Iran is too poor to make a nuke, and this 'hype' about the Iranian nuclear program is just another excuse for the government of Israel to attack even when its own people oppose the idea of war.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I found this to be probably one of the funniest headlines I have seen in awhile not to mention ironic.

I agree. They will increase the chocolate ration to 20 grams next.
edit on 16-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

But how does that incite war against Iran? To further knock them into the stoneage? I mean Israel swears Iran is going to make a nuke and blast them to oblivion yet on the same note now says Iran can't even improve enrichment? I mean if they can't enrich then they can't have a nuke unless they buy one from someone else. The whole claim against Iran has quite literally been squashed by the same governments that started it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wish the US government "intelligence" would make up their mind. Are we going to be destroying evil madmen...or innocent braggarts?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
All they are saying is that Iran's big "breakthrough" is something that every country in Europe and North America has been doing routinely for over half a century. What people seem to be overlooking in this development is that Iran will no longer need to buy its refined Uranium from Russia. This gives Russia one less reason to side with Iran in the future.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well I disagree that that is all they tare saying based on this quote from the article above.

“This is more symbolism than anything else,” Dennis Ross, who served until recently as President Barack Obama’s chief adviser on Iran, said in an interview. Iran has “claimed for years that they are installing next generation centrifuges, and they continue to have material and technical problems that bedevil their operation.”

There is no evidence that Iran has overcome those failings, Ross said. They are trying “to create the image of progress even when they are not advancing, now because they want to suggest they are not being affected by the pressure and isolation” of sanctions, he said.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
When you look at the history of the Iranian nuclear fearmongering, which has been going on for 2 decades now, it blows the whole idea that Iran is an imminent threat to world peace right out the window.
In that time, how many deaths is the US and NATO resposnible for, and how many countries has Iran attacked, or is attacking on a daily / weekly basis?

Of course, we are all expected by our governments, and the controlled corporate press, to look at what is reported right now, not look at the history, context or even the reality of any given situation they present us with. They'll just lie over and over again and contradict themselves, then swear blind they never said anything of the sort, to the extent one wonders if they are on strong medication or maybe in need of it!

So, stop looking at the contradictions, the obvious lies, the fact that, according to them, our major cities should be smoking holes in the ground by now.... and just look at the here and now and wave you little flag as the boys get sent over to die a glorious death in some far away land, fighting people who hate us for our freedoms!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The US government talking on both sides of their mouth...

One side they say Iran is a threat and about to destroy us all...

And on the other side they say Iran is hyping it all...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Kind of hillarious when the propaganda machine contradicts itself from one day to the next eh?

It's really kind of pathetic. I hope that the general population can see what's going on here and demand that the United States mind it's own business in Iran. If Israel has a death wish, that's their problem.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

When you look at the history of the Iranian nuclear fearmongering, which has been going on for 2 decades now, it blows the whole idea that Iran is an imminent threat to world peace right out the window.
In that time, how many deaths is the US and NATO resposnible for, and how many countries has Iran attacked, or is attacking on a daily / weekly basis?

Are you not counting the support Iran gives to Hezbollah in Palestine, Lebanon and Syria? Just because they don't publicize the deaths they cause doesn't mean they don't have blood on their hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Last time I checked, Hezbollah wasn't in Palestine. They are a Lebanese militia, social and political party, there for the protection and defence of Lebanon.
I also don't see Syria, Lebanon or the Palestinians attacking anyone daily and invading other states, despite what Israeli fueled propaganda says.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I thought they were going to blow up Israel any day now. The PTB are doing this right in front of our faces now. The Propaganda machine works both ways and I would bet 80% of Americans didn't even notice this so they will continue to blindly follow the marching orders of the UN and continue to place Sanctions (tool of War) which only incite more hatred to America and there so called Allies.
edit on 16-2-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lets not forget that Israel is claiming the same thing, though they are still contending Iran a threat in the same article. Which really makes no sense to me, but then again Israel is always crying wolf to excuse their own military actions against others. They are experts at being the aggressor and the victim all at the same time.

Barak dismissed the presentation as a "show," saying that Iran wants to create the impression that its nuclear capabilities are now irreversible.

Iran is trying to "make it seem … like the point of no return is already behind them, which is not the case," Barak said.

Separately, the semiofficial Fars agency on Wednesday reported that a "new generation" of Iranian centrifuges — used to enrich uranium toward nuclear fuel — had gone into operation at the country's main enrichment facility at Natanz in central Iran.

Barak said he doubted that claim. He did not offer reasons for the doubts or elaborate.

Israel has been a leading voice in an international campaign to halt the Iranian nuclear program. Like the West, Israel accuses Iran of pursuing atomic weapons. Tehran denies the accusations, saying its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.

Story

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
News Story - Iran enriches Uranium Typical American Response - Is there a Iphone app for that??

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I am thinking it was referring to the centrifuge advances claim dealing with the Qom or Fordoe site.

Ill try to find the article but during Irans last round of military exercises, they tested some of their longer range missiles. Apparently satellites caught some of the launches coming from a previously unknown "silo" area.

Ill try to find the article and link it here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm not surprised by double standards anymore.

On one side, people say Iran is a threat because they are developing nuclear weapons. But if Iran actually talks about their nuclear achievements, they are downplayed because "it's nothing really that important".

Well, I would like to know what sort of twisted logic is behind that, since nuclear "fuel" is actually much easier to develop. If they are "retarded" because they just developed this and started using their own nuclear rods, then why the hell are they cursed around for being a nuclear threat?

Like we say in my country "arrested for having a dog, and arrested for not having one".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I am thinking it was referring to the centrifuge advances claim dealing with the Qom or Fordoe site.

Ill try to find the article but during Irans last round of military exercises, they tested some of their longer range missiles. Apparently satellites caught some of the launches coming from a previously unknown "silo" area.

Ill try to find the article and link it here.

The only thing that worries me a bit was the announcement that Iran made, regarding the purchase and installment of 3000 centrifuges (plus the ones they already had).

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Iran is too poor to make a nuke,

what does this even mean?

They are tens of thousands of missiles and were in the process, confirmed, of making new long range weapons..
Maybe not able to contain a large nuclear payload, but still.

The hardest, and most expensive, part of a nuclear weapon is creating a Nuclear Plant to enrich uranium and create plutonium... In which they have already made.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join