It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

More Doctors 'Fire' Vaccine Refusers

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Families Who Reject Inoculations Told to Find a New Physician; Contagion in Waiting Room Is a Fear.


Interesting new development with physicans firing their patients instead of vice-versa. More here from the article:




Pediatricians fed up with parents who refuse to vaccinate their children out of concern it can cause autism or other problems increasingly are "firing" such families from their practices, raising questions about a doctor's responsibility to these patients.


And a little deeper into the article:




Numerous studies since have dispelled these concerns among scientists. Rather, scientists say, it is more likely that autism symptoms begin showing up around the same age children are vaccinated.


Source: online.wsj.com...

So what do you think ATS? Are these doctors who are firing their patients right or wrong?




posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
They are wrong. You are supposed to be FREE of making your decisions. Doctors who force their own view on people like that are scum IMO. They are free to do what they want, but since they are doctors, they should aspire to be ``better`` than everyone else... and treat everybody... not treating people who don't take vaccines is like refusing to treat people who are black, muslim or who hate bacon... seems to me doctors should treat everybody.

And this is why they want a government control of the health care system.

If any doctor refuses to give vaccines, they will not be able to work.

And if anyone refuses vaccines, they will have their kids taken away.

Just you watch, the next step is to take away the ``religious exemption`` law concerning vaccines.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Doctors should also be free to make decisions too, don't you think?

If I own a business and I choose not to serve a customer I should be able to do so.
edit on 16-2-2012 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The doctors have just as much right to refuse to treat a person who refuses vaccines for their children as said parents have the right to refuse the treatments.

There is no law that state a doctor has to treat anyone, except in emergency situations.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Of course doctors are free to choose who they do business with, no different to the people who wish to do business with doctors that dont force the big pharma vaccine hype either. That said, this looks more like a big pharma push for vaccines. I found this site had some quite interesting views on the whole vaccine thing, go take a look and see what anyone else thinks www.doesntevenmakesense.com...



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78
 
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Doctors have the legal right to dismiss anyone from practice that they see fit. If they feel you are a noncompliant patient, a risk of lawsuit, a drug seeker, or even just a major PITA, they can dismiss you.

Doctors are private businesses, and there is nothing that legally says that they cannot choose who they wish to allow as patients, the same as any other business.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.




edit on 2/16/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I reject vaccinations but...


Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by manta78
 
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Doctors have the legal right to dismiss anyone from practice that they see fit. If they feel you are a noncompliant patient, a risk of lawsuit, a drug seeker, or even just a major PITA, they can dismiss you.

Doctors are private businesses, and there is nothing that legally says that they cannot choose who they wish to allow as patients, the same as any other business.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.


Totally agreed. This isn't a question of right or wrong in the political sense, this is a question of right or wrong in the economical sense and the doctors are in the right if their practice is private (i.e. no public funding),



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread
 

Doctors are in the right even if publicly funded, because they are the ones who stand to lose in a lawsuit if the parents come back to sue them personally. It’s just like anything else, you have the right to protect yourself from being legally sued when someone does not follow your instructions or advice.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78
 


Wrong in my opinion.. Im surprised this actually made the news and the medical workers refusing it didn't.

In New York if you work in a hospital in certain areas and refuse flue shots you get fired. The Health system in my area just instituted that policy as well.

With that being said, the Doctor has the right to fire a patient or vice versa when a disagreement arises. If your Doctor insists you get a shot, and you insist you dont need it, then the doctor - patient relationship is kind of in the pooper anyways, so why stay together?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Part of it is that patients who have refused vaccines become a danger to other patients.

Would you want to bring your month old baby into a waiting room where some one has measles?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
They are wrong. You are supposed to be FREE of making your decisions. Doctors who force their own view on people like that are scum IMO. They are free to do what they want, but since they are doctors, they should aspire to be ``better`` than everyone else... and treat everybody... not treating people who don't take vaccines is like refusing to treat people who are black, muslim or who hate bacon... seems to me doctors should treat everybody.

And this is why they want a government control of the health care system.

If any doctor refuses to give vaccines, they will not be able to work.

And if anyone refuses vaccines, they will have their kids taken away.

Just you watch, the next step is to take away the ``religious exemption`` law concerning vaccines.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)


Doctors see children, some of whom are very sick with disease like cancer. These kids have very weakened immune systems.

Sorry, I don't think you have the right to infect another child with a potentially fatal disease simply because you didn't vaccinate yours.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by manta78
 


Wrong in my opinion.. Im surprised this actually made the news and the medical workers refusing it didn't.


This has been around for years, but more and more doctors are refusing to see kids who aren't vaccinated. It protects other children, it protects them, and it protects the other people who work there.


In New York if you work in a hospital in certain areas and refuse flue shots you get fired. The Health system in my area just instituted that policy as well.


More than 30% of hospitalized patients leave the hospital with an infection they didn't have when they were admitted.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
They are wrong. You are supposed to be FREE of making your decisions. Doctors who force their own view on people like that are scum IMO. They are free to do what they want, but since they are doctors, they should aspire to be ``better`` than everyone else... and treat everybody... not treating people who don't take vaccines is like refusing to treat people who are black, muslim or who hate bacon... seems to me doctors should treat everybody.

And this is why they want a government control of the health care system.

If any doctor refuses to give vaccines, they will not be able to work.

And if anyone refuses vaccines, they will have their kids taken away.

Just you watch, the next step is to take away the ``religious exemption`` law concerning vaccines.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)


I work in the field, and I don't see why anyone gets a religious exemption. It's just a lame excuse for hiding in the herd. It's a catch-all for anyone who doesn't want to vaccinate, even if they haven't been in church in 20 years.

You can choose to not vaccinate your kids although I think that's just plain selfish and outright stupid. These people don't give a damn about anyone else's health as long as they get their own way. Well, keep them away from mine and out of school. They are a danger to everyone around them.
edit on 2/16/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny
 
thats what hapens when people loose trust in the system,ignorant or not.they have reassons to put there own child at risk,do you really think they want to put there child and yours in danger?do you really think its all based on ignorance?and do you really think your not the same as them when you put in your children everything the health system tells you? is there or not a few(to say the least) of cases were populations have been given deseases by the same health system?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for all the responses so far.
Both sides of this issue have made some valid points and deserve evaluation.




posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Part of it is that patients who have refused vaccines become a danger to other patients.

Would you want to bring your month old baby into a waiting room where some one has measles?


A valid concern however the human body has been fighting crap off looooong before a Doctor was around. I agree that vaccines help, but people shouldn't be forced to get them.

We are responsible for ourselves... The Doctor's / Government need to get that through their thick heads.



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Do you have close to 10 years of training in the medical field? Have you read peer-reviewed journals and reports on vaccines? No? Then stop trying to say that you know better than doctors.



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My physician does not take vaccines or inoculations for all the usual reasons and he is in contact with the contiguous all the time.

As far as turning patients out, he could be harming them and their ability to get treatment from another doctor.
This would be in violation of their Hippocratic oath to do no harm.
en.wikipedia.org...



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join