It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America there is no freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am just making this in a hurry.

but it should be done.

I just want to talk with American people from Iran.

Dear Americans.

It is long time that I have seen no freedom. There was one day I was ignorant and was thinking that there is freedom and respect in America.But as long as I have joined ATS that whole terms such as democracy and freedom are big lies. When most of the people just want to know little piece of truth, when majority of people just want to get to their old games , when we all refuse to hear what the poor people want us to do. That is when we come to this.

When most of the people just want to know little piece of truth, when majority of people just want to get to their old games , that is when they just get NEWS from the MSM and they live how their parents have been living. There will be elections and there will be more manipulations and empty hopes.

when we all refuse to hear what the poor people want us to do. That is when we come to this. That is when we will be stone-hearted and will be more aggressive than animals.

So you can see that America is just getting far from where it should have been. And with spitting more blood , It will go further.

There is no freedom in USA

So you can not give others what you don't have yourselves.

I just wanted to say these so you know that there are some common facts that we all understand. no matter how distant we live. We have been created equally in all ways.

Don't let your heart choose wrong.

Be safe.

hmdphantom , I.R Iran.
edit on 16/2/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't know if you're for real or not, it didn't read right to me for some reason,but you have a lot of posts and some of the points you bring up are relevant.

I would just remind you that the U.S. government has been making decisions against the will of it's own people for some time now. More of our people are imprisoned than any other nation and preparations are being made to help silence those who would fight for real freedoms and reform.

You're right though, how can we "give" what we don't have ourselves. Most of our people live under the illusion of freedom, they truly believe they are which is why they don't even see a problem yet. We have become complacent in our prosperity over the years and now the world is seeing the result it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Very nice post brother, I would have to agree with you as well. I am from New York and I see a lot of lies the mainstream media that has been feeding the people. This is what their game is, they try and shun the ideas of the masses while at the same time implementing their own schemes. The internet is one of the most powerful tools they are using to manipulate the population.

There is no freedom in the USA. As a citizen of the United States, I feel that my rights as a human being has been compromised. It is pathetic how if we criticize the government one way, it is treated as treason. It is sad that the principles of which America was founded on has not been followed for the past 300 years.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
So you can not give others what you don't have yourselves.

Starred and Flagged just for this quote.
Truer words never spoken.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There are many here familiar with what the US and England have done to Iran and it's people since the CIA coup that removed Mossadegh - the democratically elected leader of Iran. We know how the Shah and his Savak terrorized anyone who opposed his regime. It was only because of him that Iran became an Islamic republic.

We know too that Iraq attacked Iran with the help and urging of the US, a war that left well over a half million of your young men dead. The US even gave Saddam Hussein satellite intelligence to give him a greater advantage.

I remember how the US seized Iranian assets at the outset of the hostage crisis and how America could not bring itself to apologize for overthrowing Mossadegh.

The US even shot down and Iranian air liner killing over a hundred innocent civilians.

We know some of what the US has done to Iran but I'm sure there is much more still that we don't.

Iran is the cradle of civilization as much as Iraq. It's history long and illustrious and the people from Iran I have met were warm and generous.

For my part I offer my apologies for what the US has done to your Nation. I pray for peace every day and hope that this latest "crisis" can be resolved without resorting to war.

I thank you for your post.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

reply to post by Mart0

reply to post by Unvarnished

reply to post by Paschar0

Thank you people , I wasn't thinking that some people agree with me on this.

Because most of the times I see people wondering from what I tell them.

I hope we get some peace.

BTW , we will die one day and we will have peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What's to say?...

We are far from perfect, but perhaps travel the world a little and study history.

America is still the place where you can post this OP without getting arrested and even be protected in the constitution for doing so.

Try it in China or Iran.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And there we have it. You are an apologist for the corrupt regime you live under, you are worse than they are. You are infact a traitor to your people.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Your replies always show that you are an informed person.

I wanted to add something to your information.completely off-topic.

You know about the old Britain empire . It is told that they have invented the divide and conquer.(or maybe they have used it much)

Wahhabism is one savage version of Islam invented and entered Islam sects to stand against the modern west model. So the young Muslims should have compared the Wahhabism and the western model. Then they should choose between western model (goal served) or Wahhabism (terrorism by Muslims ==> war against terrorism by west==> goal is served). The goal is to get their One world government and have their share of world resources.

They just did their old dirty works , but Muslims are harder to penetrate. They have not accepted Wahhabism as a true sect. It is always a radical group among Muslims. So that is why they are making plans for Muslims rapidly.

completely off-topic.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
What's to say?...

We are far from perfect, but perhaps travel the world a little and study history.

America is still the place where you can post this OP without getting arrested and even be protected in the constitution for doing so.

Try it in China or Iran.

Perhaps this is an "apologist" statement or perhaps not. Whatever it is, it is, for the most part, the truth.

Yes, the United States is far from perfect. Only the ignorant would say that it was. Whatever faults that the U.S. has -- and there are many -- the people are still allowed to complain..... to speak out.

It is no secret that the governments of many countries such as China, Iran and even Russia (speak out against Putin and see what happens) don't enjoy the ability to express their outrage against the injustices of their respective governments without genuine, realistic fears of reprisal.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

You guys crack me up. You do realize that Iran has a fully operational Online Propaganda machine aimed at the west? Teams of posters tasked who post all day long on ATS and a hundred other forums?

Here I will giver you a hint...Google search the OPs screen name. I assume he has many different names for many different sites, but he likely still has only a handful so he doesn't have to keep re-registering and can keep them straight.

One commentator "hmdphantom" states that it is better to be late than never:

"I'm hoping to see the US govt in shame after attacking it's own people in 9/11 and Iraq , Afghanistan and libya invasion.

After imposing poverty and chaos to those nations.

After taking out the resources of Iraq and Afghanistan.

After dropping nuclear bomb on Japaneses civilians.

After hitting Iranian civilian airplane.

It is not too soon to see some shame on US govt."

ozyism.blogspot.com...

Hey hmdphantom...prove me wrong...how about in the spirit of objectivity you provide a bullet point list outlining everything that is wrong with the current Iranian government and thier leaders? Or are they perfect?

edit on 16-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What's to say?...

Try it in China or Iran.

Not true.

Before the whole velvet revolution planned by the PTB , we had much freedom in internet in Iran.

But after they showed their intentions and their dirty games , Iranian government changed it's stance about Internet and media.

There is no democracy world wide. People are always affected by TV and in TV they trust. ( and some in the internet ).

It is the media ocarsy that rules the world.

read the OP deeply and think about the sentences.

when majority of people just want to get to their old games , that is when they just get NEWS from the MSM and they live how their parents have been living

It is true world wide.

Democracy is a lie when people are told who to choose.( by the media)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

What's to say?...

Try it in China or Iran.

Perhaps this is an "apologist" statement or perhaps not. Whatever it is, it is, for the most part, the truth.

Yes, the United States is far from perfect. Only the ignorant would say that it was. Whatever faults that the U.S. has -- and there are many -- the people are still allowed to complain..... to speak out.

It is no secret that the governments of many countries such as China, Iran and even Russia (speak out against Putin and see what happens) don't enjoy the ability to express their outrage against the injustices of their respective governments without genuine, realistic fears of reprisal.

What are the results of expressing opinion ?

That is a basic question ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Ixtab

You guys crack me up. You do realize that Iran has a fully operational Online Propaganda machine aimed at the west? Teams of posters tasked who post all day long on ATS and a hundred other forums?

Here I will giver you a hint...Google search the OPs screen name. I assume he has many different names for many different sites, but he likely still has only a handful so he doesn't have to keep re-registering and can keep them straight.

One commentator "hmdphantom" states that it is better to be late than never:

"I'm hoping to see the US govt in shame after attacking it's own people in 9/11 and Iraq , Afghanistan and libya invasion.

After imposing poverty and chaos to those nations.

After taking out the resources of Iraq and Afghanistan.

After dropping nuclear bomb on Japaneses civilians.

After hitting Iranian civilian airplane.

It is not too soon to see some shame on US govt."

ozyism.blogspot.com...

Hey hmdphantom...prove me wrong...how about in the spirit of objectivity you provide a bullet point list outlining everything that is wrong with the current Iranian government and thier leaders? Or are they perfect?

Maybe they are imperfect ,

But western media is playing the music like they(western media warmongers) are perfect.

I just know that you can not count western media channels provided for Iranian people for god sake.

And you are not here and you don't understand Farsi to know whether I am wrong or right about the media.

So , until you haven't learned Farsi and got educated , shut up.

Before searching you could have used your head.
edit on 16/2/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Differing opinions voiced publicly, even dishonest ones, have an inherent value and virtue because they spur discourse and debate in a free democracy.

If the corporate driven media lies to the public, a competitor will confront them on the lie.

If no large media confronts them on the lie, then one of the thousands of smaller, interent news outlets will.

And if a free American chooses to look and find the truth, that truth is always available.

In places like Iran, bloggers, protestors, artists are imprisoned for speaking against what the government guided media reports.

The very fact that you pretend to be unaware of the distinction speaks volumes as to your motives.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Being able to freely express one's opinion, to raise one's voice without fear of reprisal from the government is important. Americans still value this freedom.

I can understand, however, why Iranians might take a different view. When the Students in Tehran raised their voices in protest against their government -- expressed their opinion --- they were severely repressed by force. Deadly force! No wonder Iranians might consider that their opinions don't matter. It is interesting to note, however, that the Iranian government considered the voices of those brave students important enough to use strong, even deadly force to suppress.

Perhaps the Iranian people have been beaten into submission and no longer see the value in their own opinions..... perhaps after years of repression they are ready to accept the futility of their anger towards their government?

Somehow, I don't think so.

I still believe that most Iranians still value their freedom to speak out....... they are merely afraid to do so......but soon that fear will become unbearable and the brave Iranian people will rise up and DEMAND their freedoms, their rights: what rights you might ask? The rights their Islamic faith guarantees them....the rights denied them by a repressive , so-called, "Islamic" regime whose real interest is not the submission to Allah's will but rather that their people submit to their will.

edit on 2/16/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And if a free American chooses to look and find the truth, that truth is always available.

I have my answer.

I am happy to see you as a wise person accusing me for whatever you want.

Keep on accusing.

My pleasure.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Being able to freely express one's opinion, to raise one's voice without fear of reprisal from the government is important. Americans still value this freedom.

I can understand, however, why Iranians might take a different view. When the Students in Tehran raised their voices in protest against their government -- expressed their opinion --- they were severely repressed by force. Deadly force! No wonder Iranians might consider that their opinions don't matter. It is interesting to note, however, that the Iranian government considered the voices of those brave students important enough to use strong, even deadly force to suppress.

No you got me wrong.

My opinion does matter.

But when I see MSM is pulling the strings (all over the world) , I just come to this conclusion that there is a same rule for the people who don't use their heads world wide.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

You do understand the police routinely brutalise protesters in America right?

You are infact aware of this?, cause that should really be paid attention to when posting videos highlighting another nations treatment of protestors. IRAN WHAT A SURPRISE!

But if I follow your logic correctly, Its ok to do it in America because some other country is doing it to?
edit on 16-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Last time I checked, my freedoms were granted by God and not by man.

And to have an Iranian dictate what my freedoms are is a laugh!

Sorry, but epic fail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join