It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firemen Witness UFO - Pierce Township incident, 1991.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Intriguing report concerning the Pierce Township UFO incident from 1991 where six firemen allegedly witnessed a long, blue, cylindrical/spherical shaped object hovering above the road whist answering a call for a routine car accident.

One of the firemen is interviewed below and also mentions they were all summoned into the Fire Department office the next day and informed by three 'intimidating' plain clothed strangers that:

"this incident didn’t happen, you didn't see anything and don't talk about it".

In the autumn of 1991 six firemen from the Pierce Township Fire Department were called out on what they initially believed to be a routine job. The emergency phone call came in as a car accident.

Louis Spears, one of the firemen, is interviewed on "UFO Report". He refused to talk about the UFO incident for several years.

Spears claims that when he arrived at the scene of what he thought was a car accident, he saw an unknown, cylindrical shaped object which hovered beside the pickup truck. Another fireman said that the unknown object was spherical shaped.

Spears recounts that he and the other firemen were summoned back to the Fire Department the next day. There they were allegedly debriefed by three plain clothed strangers. The strangers were intimidating and told the firemen that “this incident didn’t happen”.

link

The incident was investigated by the late Kenny Young (RIP) and reporter Donnie Blessing who also makes some interesting comments below about how the Fire department records and files for this case went conveniently missing.

UFO Investigator Donnie Blessing discusses on-going investigations in Ohio. The Pierce Township Firemen incident and an Owensville, OH UFO recording.

edit on 4-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
extremely interesting, although it comes with the same MO as a lot of other UFO sightings, a lot of witnesses that don't wanna talk and apparantly a few holes (who called 911? where is the police officers account? where is the owner of the pick up truck? it's not that i don't believe but holes are still holes) but the case of the lady who lived near by is very interesting, the one event that seems to run through a lot of alien encounters and abduction stories is time loss. it freaks me out sometimes. good post.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't have even used the word "alleged'. To not believe people without good cause is the opposite of virtue. And we're talking millions, including scientists, pilots, police officers, astronauts, and citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good thread

Spherical UFOs seem much less common then other shapes. I have always found it interesting to see several types of UFOs. Some disk-shaped, some triangle shaped. I believe that once the US captured a flying saucer (in roswell or other crashes), they were able to reverse engineer this aircraft and make our own aircraft with incredible aeronautical capabilities. In other words, I think that some of the UFOs demonstrating extreme maneuverability are ours. However, this technology probably came from a crashed ET saucer.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
.And we're talking millions

And arbitrary number of people making a claim, be it one or one million, does not magically make that claim true.

including scientists, pilots, police officers, astronauts, and citizens.

Appeal to authority?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This seems suspicious to me, if only for the fact that the voice on the audio-recording sounds similar to the witness interviewed in the video.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I remember hearing about this incident when it happened. I think it was on Unsolved Mysteries or something like that. Its a shame that the only witnesses that came forward are backwoods folk that lack descriptive skills.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

One of the Catholic spokespeople for this issue said in an interview it was a sin, and I concur.

1. Its bearing false witness against others without cause. That is a sin. We as a race need to learn and listen from each other, except for the ones who have given us cause, ie. our leaders, NASA, and the pack of lies were are dealt daily. They've given more than enough cause, and the fruits are all around us in this horrendous world.

2. Its also extreme ego. The earth is the center of the universe, and there are stars billions of years older than ours, and to think we know the science is ludicrous. Ego on this level is also not a virtue, but its opposite.

3. To support corruption and some of the suppressors are even working for this, instead of information is a crime against humanity and mortal sin.

Yes, there are more than enough witnesses.

And all of the witnesses do so make it true!
edit on 16-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

And arbitrary number of people making a claim, be it one or one million, does not magically make that claim true.

No, but it certainly adds more credibility to the phenomenon. Tons of astronomers see the planet Jupiter. It can even be seen with the naked eye on many occasions. Many, many people testify that the planet Jupiter is real. Is it real? We have all this evidence... Oh but wait, 'An arbitrary number of people making a claim, be it one or one million, does not magically make that claim true.'. Maybe Jupiter isn't real after all. Just because we have all this evidence doesn't magically make it true, so lets have a general mindset that all these crazy people seeing 'Jupiter' in the sky are lying.

You might think there is more evidence of Jupiter then just these people seeing it. Heck, we send satelites up there in orbit around this planet a lot! We've got clear high quality photos of the planet and everything!

But we have much more evidence of UFOs then just people seeing them also. We have ground traces, radar returns, government documents, electromagnetic effects, photographs, videos, and physical evidence.

UFOs are most certainly real. It remains to be seen weather or not extraterrestrials are piloting them.

Appeal to authority?

The types of people listed are considered credible because many will lose their jobs if they tell 'crazy' stories about 'UFOs' and 'Flying Saucers'. Take the Japan Airlines flight 1628 for example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Captain Kenju Terauchi lost his job for reporting a UFO.

Why would you make up a crazy fake story that you have nothing to gain from when you could lose your job for doing so?

I don't think humans are that stupid.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Many, many people testify that the planet Jupiter is real. Is it real? We have all this evidence... Oh but wait, 'An arbitrary number of people making a claim, be it one or one million, does not magically make that claim true.'. Maybe Jupiter isn't real after all. Just because we have all this evidence doesn't magically make it true, so lets have a general mindset that all these crazy people seeing 'Jupiter' in the sky are lying.

On the contrary, our "belief" (for lack of a better term) is not dependent on the number of astronomers who have seen it. It is based on empirical evidence, that their observations are verifiable and repeatable. If there were a million astronomers who claimed to see Jupiter but their observations could not be repeated or verified, the existence of Jupiter would be in doubt.

Appeal to authority?

The types of people listed are considered credible...

Considered credible for no other reason than their job...which is an appeal to authority.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

i want to agree with you but your signature says
that we would be wrong

star
i do agree
:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The types of people listed are considered credible... Considered credible for no other reason than their job...which is an appeal to authority.

They are considered credible because of their job, but only because they will have it (in many cases) taken away if they report UFO sightings. I suppose you didn't check on the link I sent you, but that was an example showing just why these people are so credible. Again, if you were going to have your job taken by reporting a UFO, would you make up a story? Would you report a fake story you have nothing to gain from and lose your job because of it? I know of no sane person who would want to do that.

And who says UFO sightings aren't verifiable? As I said last post UFO sightings often include multiple witnesses from different vantage points, physical traces, radar returns and electromagnetic effects. Surely these things combine verify a UFO sighting? Even testing in labs requires proper measuring of the instruments from the scientists. But a certain number of people making a claim doesn't make that claim true? Lets say they send the material to another lab that supposedly verifies the experament. That's just a couple more people saying this is true. But their scientists, right? Appeal to authority?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I wouldn't have even used the word "alleged'.

Maybe, maybe not but the main witness is alleging it (that's not to say I don't believe him).

One of the Catholic spokespeople for this issue said in an interview it was a sin, and I concur.

1. Its bearing false witness against others without cause. That is a sin. We as a race need to learn and listen from each other, except for the ones who have given us cause, ie. our leaders, NASA, and the pack of lies were are dealt daily. They've given more than enough cause, and the fruits are all around us in this horrendous world.

Why on earth is a Catholic spokesperson's opinion more important than anyone elses and what makes you think we live in a 'horrendous world'?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
UFO researcher Kenny Young describes another case from Ohio where firemen also witnessed a UFO and were told not to discuss their experiences by a superior officer - he also describes possible EM interference effects on the fire truck - see 0:40

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy

extremely interesting, although it comes with the same MO as a lot of other UFO sightings, a lot of witnesses that don't wanna talk and apparantly a few holes (who called 911? where is the police officers account? where is the owner of the pick up truck? it's not that i don't believe but holes are still holes)..

Josephamccoy, fair point there and I'd like to hear the calls and see the police officer's report as well.

Here's another case from the area two years later which was also investigated by the late Kenny Young.

UFO witnessed by Prison Guards over Lebanon Correctional Facility - April 8th, 1993.

Looks like there's holes in this one too as security camera footage and two official reports were said to have gone 'missing'.

There's also mention of a restricted 'police only' UFO reporting telephone number which links directly to confidential offices at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base which are 'solely responsible for monitoring the UFO situation' and use the code word "SIGNAL 50".

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

'Reporter Donnie Blessing who also makes some interesting comments below about how the Fire department records and files for this case went conveniently missing'

And now all the internet videos concerning the incident have gone missing as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

We should probably just routinely download these kind of videos so that they don't conveniently disappear.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: karl 12

We should probably just routinely download these kind of videos so that they don't conveniently disappear.

Very good suggestion mate - all the Kenny Young UFO videos are now (temporarily) back up.

Is anyone out there in a position to save them?

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

join