It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature's Weirdest Events. (Must See Documentary)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Nature's Weirdest Events Chris Packham presents this documentary investigating unusual natural events, with the help of eyewitness accounts, scientists and footage of the occurrences. The phenomena he explores include a storm that turned Sydney crimson, moths that cocooned a car in Holland, a case of exploding toads and disturbing plagues of mice and locusts.

In the first programme of this two-part series, Chris Packham takes us around the world to the scene of some of the weirdest natural events on the planet. With the help of footage taken by eyewitnesses and news crews, he unravels the facts and the science behind each phenomenon. There is the mysterious case of the car cocooned by caterpillars in Holland, and the baffling case of the exploding toads in Germany. In Switzerland a lakeside town is entombed in ice and a once in a lifetime storm turns Sydney, Australia crimson overnight. There are some disturbing plagues of mice and locusts and a swarm of ladybirds. And finally there are extraordinary strandings of starfish, crabs and whales. Chris tells the real story of the events behind the headlines and helps to explain what on earth happened.

The second in this two-part series about the weirdest natural events on the planet features the incredible sea foam which turns part of the Australian coast into what looks like the world's biggest bubble bath. Plus there is a look at the mysterious death of thousands of sea birds on America's west coast, and the otherworldly phenomenon known as milky seas. Other strange events include thousands of birds falling from the sky in America, causing panic and predictions of the apocalypse among the residents, and the fish that fell from the sky in south London. And finally there is the story of the truly terrifying holes which open up in the earth's crust and swallow not only buildings, but in the case of a nature reserve in Florida, an entire lake

hadn't seen this posted.

very interesting and informative documentary that takes an indepth look in some of nature's weirdest events.

i like these kinds of things.

hope you enjoy as well!!
edit on 16-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sounds interesting! I'm definitely going to watch these later on. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Bookmarked.

Going to watch through the week.

Nice one.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
absolutely amazing find ... Thanks op
I'll have to sneak around to watch it as I am at work and can't wait till weekend haha

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
absolutely amazing find ... Thanks op
I'll have to sneak around to watch it as I am at work and can't wait till weekend haha

Just don't get fired then

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

You b******!! just made me lose an hour of work for part 1! Good find, very interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by kn0wh0w

You b******!! just made me lose an hour of work for part 1! Good find, very interesting.

hihi.

guilty as charged

was interesting though huh?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Very interesting.

It seems a shame to lose the whales.

The crows (or whatever they call them over there) are the smartest birds, wow.

I have seen them dropping fiddler crabs on the rocks at Jekyll Island in Ga, US.

It's funny because some of the birds won't work, they'll wait till another bird drops one and then swipe it.

A lot like commies!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Fascinating and informative vids! Thanks so much for sharing these.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Fascinating and informative vids! Thanks so much for sharing these.

glad you liked them

i found them to be very interesting as well.

hence the existence of this thread

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yep that stuff's weird alright...

Nice find.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I watched until they gave the ''explanation'' for the dead birds.

There were firework explosions all over the world, why only in that town?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
IT is a great one. Worth a watch.

Amazing existence out there, and that's from only down here!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Threads like these are why I joined ATS

Thank you for this very interesting/weird/totally awesome thread! I love stuff like this, blows your mind

Can't wait to share with my buddies!
Cool stuff 8)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Pretty interesting, although I wish some things would remain unsolved.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Good man something new to watch, much appreciated. I'd give u stars and flags if i knew how to. *****

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My hat goes off to you sir for posting these amazing videos!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkz

sent ya a u2u explaining the s&f thingy,on topic wow thank you OP this is the kinda stuff that brought me to ATS in the first place great way to kill a few hours and i had not seen most of these before so it was pretty cool

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i love those kind of shows, will look whether i find a version in HD somewhere
edit on 16-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I remember the locust plague in Mildura.. They are still about, no where near as horrific though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join