Gas Prices Rise From $1.84 To $3.50 Under Obama.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
I'm stuck with a V4 and hate it, I'm buying a crown vic pretty soon I'm sick of feeling like a Frenchy.

Actually, here in France, we have gas price between $6.5 and $8.0 per gallon...

Driving a V4 or a V8? We really can't afford it.
edit on 16-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just to point out that Gas was not below $2 when he took office. actually Gas hit a $5 mark when Bush was in office and has been fighting to stay below $4 for awoke now. People make it sound like this is all one mans fault annoy me.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
shakes head, since Obama has taken office i have seen gas prices in my area rise and fall, both below and above what had sadly became the norm. Though i must admit they have been lower or about the same through out the last four years. The last time i can remember paying 1.85 or less per gallon of gas was pre 9/11. Am i crazy am i the only person who remembers this?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Gas went down under $2.00 from $4.40 ish after Obama made George W Bush
ruin the economy. I quantum shift in the commodity started when the war of terror
started. The draw back was due to the DOW dropping to 6,500

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
people who died mysteriously from alternative fuels !!!!!!!

www.youtube.com... 9l29941l0l32300l25l25l1l0l0l0l131l2108l21.3l24l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1
edit on 16-2-2012 by bobw927 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yeah its all Obama's fault there is a big lever in the whitehouse that one pulls and gas prices go down. You do realize that we have an abundance of gasoline we are awash with gas. We have so much gasoline that we are exporting it. It is going to the highest bidder and the the highest bidders are the speculators. Some one is making money just buying and selling gas futures -- they are making a ton of money. So if you are going on with this pissant whining at least get the players right. Other wise you sound .....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

So if you are going on with this pissant whining at least get the players right. Other wise you sound .....

I couldnt care less actually. I dont even live in America. And Obama is the President. There is alot he could do about the price of 'gas'. If you think Obama has no power to do something about the country he is supposed to be the leader then I think you sound like a pissant. Do you expect so little from your politicians? Of course they can do things about the price. They could stop taxing it for a start.

Fuel taxes in the United States vary by state. The United States federal excise tax on gasoline, as of February 2011, is 18.4 cents per gallon (4.86 ¢/L) and 24.4 cents per gallon (6.45 ¢/L) for diesel fuel. In January 2011, motor gasoline taxes averaged 48.1 cents per gallon (12.71 ¢/L) and diesel fuel taxes averaged 53.1 cents per gallon (14.03 ¢/L).[9] For the first quarter of 2009, the mean state gasoline tax is 27.2 cents per US gallon, plus 18.4 cents per US gallon federal tax making the total 45.6 cents per US gallon (12.0 ¢/L). For diesel, the mean state tax is 26.6 cents per US gallon plus an additional 24.4 cents per US gallon federal tax making the total 50.8 cents US per gallon (13.4 ¢/L).[10] There are also a few states and municipalities that charge sales tax on top of the excise taxes and the retail price.

en.wikipedia.org...
But like I said I dont care. If Obama doesnt do something about the price of 'gas' it will make it harder for him to win re-election. I think thats great. The guy duped all you suckers once. If you vote for him again you are crazy.
edit on 16-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I see allot of pandering here and partisanship. I remember paying almost 5 a gallon under bush for almost a year and the average being about double or triple the price under clinton. Under Obama gas has stayed under 3 dollars or right at 3 dollars. right now the price of gas is right around 3.09-3.19 a gallon up 20 cents from a few months ago and i see it rising to 3,50-3,60 this summer as gas prices are allways higher in the summer.

Now ill give you some personal facts. My family has made more money under obama than ever have before with lower taxes and a strong oil drilling industry, my wife works for Norris rods they build sucker rods and pony rods for oil wells thats basically the pipes that bring the oil to the surface i can tell u under Obama this company has never done better lots of old wells are being put back in service in this country we are drilling alot more oil in america than we did in the last decade that is a fact and that reflexes the bonus my wife gets personally. This year was the highest we have ever received she has had a salary increase of 19% over Obamas term and her bounus have more than doubled, during the Bushes presidency her company laid off over 300 people because bush was more interested in foreign oil production and war with oil producing nations. also Chinese rod production hurt the company because many of the rods needed were needed in wells closer to china like the middle east and russia. since obama has took office that has changed and american oil production has increased making it possible for her company to hire back all 300 people that were laid off under bush and an additonal 50 people the company made more money last year than ever in history and its almost A 100 year old company.

This company has done extreemly well under Obama and so has our family we like it when gas prices are around 2.85-3,00 a gallon thats the sweet spot for more domestic production and refitting of american wells if the price was lower the old american wells would not be refitted because its cheaper to buy oil from Opec nations than refitting and producing domestically. these are all facts because the oil production in this country directly affects my family.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Im glad you got all that off your chest there marvin.

You are in the minority. Obama has not donee enough. He is Jimmy Carter.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mosfet51
Blah blah blah...Obama has no control over fas prices.

Obama is anti-oil and anti-energy. Its Obama's fault.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm going to bet that the price of gas doesn't really fluctuate based on a person, other than the person making the decision to raise or lower prices at each oil company. There are literally hundreds of factors that influence the price of gas, and the President isn't much of a factor.

The price of my RedBox DVD rental just went up 29 cents! Is that the President's fault?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Well thats just terrible how long have your gas prices been that high?
Please don't take offense to the French comment I say it in jest. I like France very much, especially the Auvergne region.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Well thats just terrible how long have your gas prices been that high?
Please don't take offense to the French comment I say it in jest. I like France very much, especially the Auvergne region.

No problem! I don't take offense at all!
Auvergne is a beautiful county; as for me, I live in the extreme West Coast (Brittany).
It's been decades that the price is that high in France, but here we have between 56% and 66% taxes to add to the Brent price, this explains the diffrence between the price you pay in USA and we pay in France for one Gallon.

Besides the TVA, which can be translated as "value added tax" that is due on every selling product here and that coast between 7.1% and 19.6% of the total final price; we have for the brent products the "TIPP", which is another tax dedicated to energy products, such as fioul, gas, brent, etc...

In the graphic above, we can see for the gas ("gazole"), that for a total price of €1.05 a liter ($6.90 a gallon) we have around $4 of taxes... (TVA + TIPP)
edit on 16-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Ah I never noticed gas prices on my visits, My friend would do the driving. The taxes there are nuts I remember that much....unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The price of petroleum as quoted in news generally refers to the spot price per barrel of either WTI/light crude as traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange for delivery at Cushing, Oklahoma, or of Brent as traded on the Intercontinental Exchange for delivery at Sullom Voe. Gasoline prices are going up at the pump. They have risen by around 12 cents per gallon at the pumps across the nation, according to one survey. The increasing cost of oil in the North Sea is being blamed for much of the cost hikes. Crude prices are rising in response to instability in the Middle East. Gas prices will continue to rise and one who pays for this bubble are the consumers.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

How can the president dictate gas prices?

He cant.

It is all about speculation. I would take the time to get into how exactly this works but I doubt the OP is interested in hearing any facts.

For now, just compare the % of future contacts that actually make physical delivery today to the % of just 10-15 years ago and the historical norm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join