It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio police chief who dealt drugs from his home arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
And the guy was the police chief...
The higher you go, the most corrupt they are...

Athens County Police Chief Arrested On Drug Charges

ATHENS, Ohio - The Buchtel Chief Of Police was arrested on Wednesday on drug charges.

Chief Kelsey Lanning was arrested after Athens County Sheriff’s deputies from the Narcotics Enforcement Team conducted a controlled buy of prescription pills at Lanning’s Nelsonville home.

Sheriff Patrick Kelley said that NET executed a search warrant at Lanning’s home after the controlled purchase.

Brilliant.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
What a scam! Think about it. The same guy who sells the drugs can then go get them seized again. Rinse and repeat.

So..there is a police chief opening? Where do I send my resume?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i was going to say the same mthing.

take drugs from evidence or busts.
sell drugs.
tell co-workers who has the drugs.
reposess drugs.
sell them to someone else.
tell co workers.
repeat.

split the profit.
where did they get the idea?
the war on drugs.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think this is more widespread and common than it seems.

One time I saw a Drug Bust on Television, and they seized a massive quantity of Ecstasy tablets that were colored Blue with a Heart logo on them. The scenes they were showing were basically the mass quantity of the drugs and how they found lots of raw equipment to produce the tablets etc....

There was a reported shortage of Ecstasy around the city for some time....but within a few weeks, the market was flooded with......Blue Hearts

Dodgy dodgy cops!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Lots of cops are drug dealers...

Hell remember Serpico?? 90%+ of the NY cops were totally corrupt. This was in the 70s... today, it's much, much worse and it's everywhere.

Hell some cops have houses worth several million along with 3-4 $100k cars in their garage... ya think they can afford that with $50k a year?

There's lots and lots of corruption. Certain parts of the US are worse than Mexico.

top topics

join