It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What is this possibility of it going nuclear?

I think Iran is just crazy enough to throw some nukes around but is Russia?

What happens when they launch nukes do we shoot them down midair?

If we do shoot them down do they blow up in the atmosphere?

If they blow up in the atmosphere doesn't it affect the whole world?(What country no matter how crazy they are would want that?)

Would we (US and or Allies if we have any) launch nukes?

Do you think once people see America getting nuked our "Allies" will turn on us?(Or help because they don't want to answer to China just yet?)

Is China still on Iran's side?(Read some article about them not wanting to get involved can't remember where.)

Just some questions I have over seriousness of situation going on and I have no knowledge of how nukes work besides being a "big boom with killer fallout".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
If the world blows up there are no winners, therefore no one wants to blow the world up. Because there is nothing leftover to stake claim to.

Every leader and string puller in the world knows this, which is why nuclear weapons are more political tools than anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
One hits 1st. Then instant letting go of double and triple nukes by the other side. Immediately followed by the 1st side throwing more. Everyone dies.

There is little hope at this point. You wouldnt want to live anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If the world blows up there are no winners, therefore no one wants to blow the world up. Because there is nothing leftover to stake claim to.

Every leader and string puller in the world knows this, which is why nuclear weapons are more political tools than anything.

Thanks this is what I want to believe but for some reason I think Iran is crazy enough to do it and this worries me.

December 21, 2012 first nuke?

Even people that prepare to survive nuclear war may not live, in my mind Earth becomes Mars after such a war.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't think any nation here WANTS a world nuclear war...but then no nation involved WANTED what became World War I either. Just a long chain of bad assumptions and miscalculations that pushed the whole thing beyond the point of no return.

That isn't so far from what is happening today that I can't see it leading right into the same conflagration.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah no doubt we will probably see WW3 but question is on nuclear possibilities.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

Thanks this is what I want to believe but for some reason I think Iran is crazy enough to do it and this worries me.

December 21, 2012 first nuke?

Even people that prepare to survive nuclear war may not live, in my mind Earth becomes Mars after such a war.

Even if Iran had a large nuke arsenal, they have limited launch capabilities, if they attacked someone with a nuclear weapon either overtly or covertly, they would be wiped off the map.

Technically there is a nuclear war going on right now, and the key players are Israel, EU, US and China, Russia and in some senses Iran.

Everyone is vying for Middle East presence (free energy what? riiight.)

All the key players know they can't go to war with each other, because it's a Mexican stand off. So in turn you have these big political drama's with other countries as the focal point.

Similar to how US and Russia fought each other in Afghanistan and Vietnam without actually going to war with each other. Why fight on our soil when we can fight on yours?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Maybe we will have a Iran Missile Crisis and after some tension go back to business.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What good is money, power, wealth if the world is a nuclear wasteland. There will be no global ecomomy and survivors will be scrapping for food or medicine.

But that doesn't mean there won't another hitler.

There are some real nuts running for office in America. That is more dangerous than Iran will ever be.

Remember, in Germany, hitler was viewed as savior. He was genuinely loved and supported. He was the ultimate nationalist.

He was fanatical about Germany as some Americans are about the united states.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If nuclear weapons are ever used again, it is highly probable that it will be the U.S or Israel doing the using...... Iran does not have a single nuclear bomb, and even if they put one together it would be laughably feeble and primitive compared to what we have in our arsenals. Remember when they told us Iraq could use weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes of an order as a pretext to launch war on them? It's quite depressing how easy it is to dupe people into the same kind of nonsense all over again.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

You don't think with Russia having their back there is a chance it is not primitive and feeble?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

What is this possibility of it going nuclear?

About ZERO.

I think Iran is just crazy enough to throw some nukes around but is Russia?

At who? Iran doesn't have ICBM (Inter Continental Ballistic Missile) range, at least as far as anyone knows. Even if they did, they don't have sufficient numbers to be effective. What would be Russia's motivation in getting involved. Also, Russia hasn't exactly had the capital to keep those things in running shape, so I'd wager a good percentage of those wouldn't even launch from the silos.

What happens when they launch nukes do we shoot them down midair?

If ICBMs, we'd take them out in space with orbiting HEL's (High Energy Lasers), assuming we have such defenses, if not, then we'd try with Patriot like defenses.

That said though, these defenses are rather untested (in real situations), and even if one gets through, that'd be a major life-altering (and ending) event.

If we do shoot them down do they blow up in the atmosphere?

Even if we shot them down in the atmosphere, it would depend on the design of the bomb, and when it triggers the reaction, as to whether it would go nuclear when hit.

If they blow up in the atmosphere doesn't it affect the whole world?(What country no matter how crazy they are would want that?)

We've actually done atmospheric tests, so no. Google on nuclear tests. I think you'd be surprised how many we've all actually set off (especially the US and Russia)

Would we (US and or Allies if we have any) launch nukes?

I assure you that any nuclear response is the LAST option on the table. Just see recent wars. We'd stick with conventionals, likely even if they used limited nukes. Even if not, we'd likely use tactical nukes, vs. ICBMs.

Do you think once people see America getting nuked our "Allies" will turn on us?(Or help because they don't want to answer to China just yet?)

I think they'd stay the hell out of it.

Is China still on Iran's side?(Read some article about them not wanting to get involved can't remember where.)

China is on China's side. If it came to that, we'd make China a huge oil concession, shutting Iran's pleas down, just to keep China out of it. Mostly though, China would wait and see when the dust settles.

Iran does not have a single nuclear bomb, and even if they put one together it would be laughably feeble and primitive compared to what we have in our arsenals.

I wouldn't be so sure on that. Despite reports, I'd put money on them having the capability right now of having a nuclear tipped missile capable of reaching mainland Israel. I doubt they have very many they could put as an assault, but I'd bet they have some.

There's a lot of missing nuclear material from the Superpowers, and Iran has money. I'm betting those two found each other at some point...

edit on 16-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join