It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moody's may downgrade 114 banks from 16 European nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Moody's may downgrade 114 banks from 16 European nations

www.newsdaily.com

Feb. 15, 2012 (Reuters) — Moody's said it was taking ratings actions on 114 financial institutions in 16 European countries to reflect the impact of the continent's debt crisis and the deteriorating creditworthiness of governments in the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
By no means am I a financial or economical expert but surely the threat of such multiple and simultaneous potential ratings change, which I expect actually means a "downgrade", can't possibly do any good for the current Eurozone crisis.

Any "experts" here want to jump in and give those of us who are less informed an idea of what the possible repercussions might be from such an action ?

Isn't this synonymous with pushing the proverbial "panic button" as I can't imagine the markets reacting at all well should Moody's actually follow through with their threat.

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: By the way, there are as far as I can tell 44 countries so Moody's are threatening to downgrade a whopping 36% of them !

edit on 16/2/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well I think they take those rating agency's less serious by each day.

In my eyes it's a systematic attack on the EU. Though as with most things, it's hard to prove it.

www.youtube.com...

Also note the upload date: 3 mrt 2010

edit on 16-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Moody is part of the game.

It's all planned. Banks and countries falling are just pieces on the chessboard for the master plan of having a powerful world central bank and powerful world government and everyone are debt slaves to them.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hmmmmm .... already relegated to page 2 so quickly after only 2 additional posts

I can only assume that:

1. Nobody really cares about Moody's down gradings anymore
or
2. Nobody has any idea on the possible repercussions from downgrading massive number of banks in 36% of Europe's nations and therefore feel ill-equipped to comment

Oh, well ...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

What do you expect after the financial meltdown of derivatives in the US with the exposure of the housing mortgage scam.

The entire world is in deep crap, derivatives has not gone anywhere, they keep growing and no liquidity in the entire world can take care of the problems, no even the burning printing presses in the US can stop the monster.

The total derivative scam value global is 1.2 quadrillions that means 1000 thousand times a trillion

This news are from back in 2009, just think how much this scam has grown in the last 3 years.

www.dailyfinance.com...

The entire world is going to implode eventually because of this fact delaying is just feeding the monster,. while squandering countries wealth and eventually bankrupting them, like Greece.

top topics

join