It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why Freshmen Out of Political science Shouldn't Write Like This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The Writer

Amanda is a freshman from Overland Park planning to major in political science. This is her first semester on staff at The Kansan and her first time writing for a newspaper. Her column focuses on international issues and U.S. foreign policy.

And already into the anti Putin bandwagon

Gress: Russians don't give up in their fight against the government

The problems in her column, i saw alot of errors and a few nonsenses.

Today, temperatures in Moscow feel like roughly negative 7 degrees, but Russian opposition seems prepared to defy the established political order despite the bitter cold and an equally frosty governmental response.

Well the correct response should have been
Today, temperatures in Moscow felt like roughly negative.

Here are the Anti Putin rants and some of her nonsense.

We can learn from other protests against authoritarian rule. Russia may take a page out of Saudi Arabia’s book and use massive oil revenues to implement social programs aimed at calming the population. (Although widespread corruption could doom the effort.)

Unfortunately, Putin already displayed his paranoia of international meddling in domestic affairs. He’s singled out Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, insisting she encourages protests to undermine Russian power. Though sympathetic to Russian opposition, United States officials should resist the temptation to express support — United Russia could use such statements as proof of outside interference and strengthen its position by stoking nationalist fervor.

we can hope this Russian winter marks the beginning of a new era for democracy in the country.

Since Ms Amanda is a freshmen into the world of politics she believes that Putin is and was paranoid when suggested that Hillary Clinton encouraging the protests to continue.

Sadly Amanda i think is quite wrong here now remember when surprisingly Hillary Clinton came to Libya? and said that gaddafi should be either captured or killed?

Well gaddafi was captured then abused then killed which that made me wonder.

When Hillary Clinton came to Libya was that a coded message? if so then its not so different on what she was doing in Russia.

I guess Ms Amanda Forget that Putin is an ex KGB Officer usual KGB personal will and have the intel on whats going behind the scenes on the ground.

Oh i found this line quite laughable

Russia may take a page out of Saudi Arabia’s book and use massive oil revenues to implement social programs aimed at calming the population

Really may take a page out of Saudi Arabia’s book and use massive oil revenues to implement social programs aimed at calming the population??

Oh yes let the New Russian government just do that! maybe Ms Amanda could explain to me if Saudi Arabia’s book and use of massive oil revenues into the social programs aimed at calming the population worked howcome.

Saudi Arabia unemployment Rate is hovering above 10.8%? or maybe even higher?

doesn't Amanda know that women in Saudi Arabia don't have any rights? why aren't we pushing democracy in the Saudi kingdom? oh that's right we cant do that there because of the oil.

And what about our own democracy? you know from chaos in Maine and our canadian elections make me wonder that our elections are nothing more then rigged from the start.

So what ATS what you think of on what she wrote? why do students always or sometimes out of western Political science studies always turn up either Anti Putin or anti- eastern?
edit on 16-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

So what ATS what you think of on what she wrote?

I think she has no insight whatsoever. She seems perfect for any MSM outlet.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Agree with her or don't, but I'm not sure what right you think you have to say that she "shouldn't" write as she did....unless you can prove superiority

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Agree with her or don't, but I'm not sure what right you think you have to say that she "shouldn't" write as she did....unless you can prove superiority

What i tried to write was this

This is Why Freshmen Out of Political science Shouldn't Write Like This, If they don't know the world around them

So i didn't have much room to finish off sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I suspect the OP is just jealous that a freshman in college has already had something published.
I also suspect that this is a subconscious thing, and the OP will never admit it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The problems in her column, i saw alot of errors and a few nonsenses. Today, temperatures in Moscow feel like roughly negative 7 degrees, but Russian opposition seems prepared to defy the established political order despite the bitter cold and an equally frosty governmental response.

Well the correct response should have been Today, temperatures in Moscow felt like roughly negative.

What is wrong with speaking in the present tense? She is describing the event as it is happening--

Today---feels like. Opposition--- seems to be prepared
Not, yesterday--felt like. Opposition ---seemed like

Regards.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I suspect the OP is just jealous that a freshman in college has already had something published.
I also suspect that this is a subconscious thing, and the OP will never admit it.

I am not jealous i have only stated how she was writing the anti-Putin Nonsense while phrasing Saudi Arabia without realizing Saudi Arabia horrible human rights record plus the unemployment Rate.

Russia may take a page out of s book and use massive oil revenues to implement social programs aimed at calming the population

Now did you even bother of reading the rest of the thread?

top topics

join