It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top notch police work : 2 hours stand off with an empty car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Great job there...

San Diego Cops Find Nothing In 2-Hour Standoff With Empty Car

A tense, two-hour standoff between armed San Diego Police and an empty car on the freeway ended with no injuries -- just questions.

The red-faced cops can be seen on Fox 5's helicopter footage pointing guns at a dark-colored sedan on Interstate 8 -- apparently for more than two hours before they moved in to take down their target.

But there was nobody in the vehicle.

Police officials said that the suspect they were looking for -- an unidentified man who was on parole -- was a suspect in a home invasion on Tuesday. He called his parole officer, saying that he'd broken down on the interstate and would be late for his mandatory meeting, the station reported.

There have been multiple standoffs with empty houses over the years... and that is ``somewhat`` understandable... but with a car? Ridiculous.

And this is the people who ``protect`` America.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for the good laugh.. the night was getting a little long and somewhat dull, cheers to you (and these officers) for the much needed boost.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Oh that is hilarious. They'll never, ever live this down. I'll bet they get model cars as gag gifts at their retirement parties far into the future. At least this Super-Oooooops is downright amusing!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
and in the end, they will get paid, and the reporters will get paid, and the TV distributors will get paid, the papers will get paid, and everyone else will be nicely distracted and still poor. mhmmmm

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The car was disobeying police orders.

I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Unless the windows were tinted. I dunno?
Then again if that were the case I would think they would have said that.

2nd

U
edit on 16-2-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
While I see the comedy in this, it honestly pisses me off.

Guaranteed there was someone in san diego that got raped while this was going down.

Guaranteed a child was being abused in SD while this was going on.

Guaranteed a woman was being hit. That an elderly person was being abused.

Good thing these cops are so well trained....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

They were actually responding to a parolee who was wanted for more crimes. He was supposed to meet with his parole officer but called in and said his car was broken down on the highway.

Police were going to arrest him at the scheduled interview, but because the call came in, they went to the location of the vehicle to arrest him.

Doesn't explain why it took two hours to figure out he wasn't in the car though.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

They were actually responding to a parolee who was wanted for more crimes. He was supposed to meet with his parole officer but called in and said his car was broken down on the highway.

Police were going to arrest him at the scheduled interview, but because the call came in, they went to the location of the vehicle to arrest him.

Doesn't explain why it took two hours to figure out he wasn't in the car though.

Yes I saw that. I also saw that it said the parolee checked in with his PO after he broke down.

This is a perfect example of how inept our police are.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I believe the police responded to the car, after he called in. So they went there in reaction to the message from the parole officer. That was my take anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Dont be so gloomy Eeyore

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Dont be so gloomy Eeyore

too true, I can see the depression oozing out of my post. lol, I had to go to youtube and look at a video of eeyore just to remember the character, it's been awhile. hilarious, thanks for the laugh. although I still stand by my posts basic premise, which is that even though it was a waste of everyones time, they all still get paid at the end of the day, for virutally doing nothing.

also, how hard is it to get in a decent range, maybe a different angle with a pair of binoculors,
I mean seriously, that's elementary stuff, 2 hours.. it's insulting to anyone who could have that job done in 5 minutes, with or without the guy in the car, who shouldn't have been there in the first place, everyone in this story did their job, minimally. lol...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Its cool dude I'm the "cheermeister" I make it my job to keep ATS users happy
But yeah the cops are "special" to say the least

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Al Queada could have rigged the car to explode!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Al Queada could have rigged the car to explode!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Nice sarcasm there.

And I bet some of these cops believe that propaganda they are being fed that there's terrorists on every corner.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

That's really kind of typical for the cops. I 've sat in my apt. and watched them raid this chicks pad the day after
I helped her move out. Maniacal, the sargent was so POed red faced throwing the warrant on the ground and stomping on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Here is another fine example of my motto:
You, can't fix stupid, but you can point and laugh.

ATS, likes to point and laugh. I do it too. ATS is providing a very important service by presenting this kind of information.

Does that make us the better person? Hmmm? Not at all.
Does that make it wrong to point out every little error any cop makes? Hell no!
The lack of lawful police tactics must be publicized whenever possible in the interest of public safety.
The sheer number of "Bad Cop" reports is starting to wake the public to what is really going on.
This is very important information, even though it is getting more common to see such reports.

In the end, just remember that any LEO that comes along trying to protect the stupid, is just an accessory to the crime cover-up.
I can throw their logic right back at em.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

That's really kind of typical for the cops. I 've sat in my apt. and watched them raid this chicks pad the day after
I helped her move out. Maniacal, the sargent was so POed red faced throwing the warrant on the ground and stomping on it.

I sure wish you'd thought to grab a camera or cell phone to video that scene. I can't help but laugh in just picturing it, but to see it would be priceless. Ummm.....Homework is something police just don't believe in, huh?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I usually side with the police, but this time.........totally inept. It's 2012 and they had to throw a tree brach onto the trunk to try and help dislodge it

The police spokesman said they didn't shut down the freeway because there was no possibilty of dangerous crossfire
I don't care how straight a road is, and that one didn't look all THAT stright, when your car is up against a wall like that there is ALWAYS the possibility of someone getting hit by a stray bullet.

Uless you shoot the wall the car was up against.

And judging from everything those police did I wouldn't put it past them.

Epic fail on their part.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Looks like a certain police dept. owes someone some body work.

...at taxpayers expense of course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join