It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme police violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Haven't posted anything for a while and came across this video surfing.
Warning: There is vulgar language and violence in this video

This is why I don't trust nor respect anyone with a badge. I don't care if you're a "good cop" and "these guys give you a bad rap". Most of these videos show a group of officers engaging in violent acts with no one even attempting to stop them. In my eyes there are no 'good cops'.

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

I chose not to embed for the simple fact that I don't want anyone accidently clicking or the video auto-playing.

Please do not post videos without a summary of what is in the video. Not everyone can view videos, yet still want to participate in the discussion.

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on February 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Well then...

As I see it...you're part of the problem. You choose not to see any good in others who oppose your point of view.

There are "good" and "bad" in all society.
edit on 16-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There are good cops,
Why are they never around to stop the bad cops from doing bad things?
A good cop who stands there and does nothing is still guilty,
But one has to wonder why cops don't do that, job security? fear?

I've met some awesome cops, some asshole ones too.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Athin

Well then...

As I see it...you're part of the problem. You choose not to see any good in others who oppose your point of view.

There are "good" and "bad" in all society.

As I see it, you're part of the problem. There is no room for 'good or bad' on the police force. You take an oath to uphold the honor of the badge. The motto of the police is 'to protect and to serve', not to beat the hell out of unconscious persons(as one clip in the video shows).

It's not about my point of view. It's about common sense. When there is an officer striking a handcuffed man in the face and his fellow officers just watch him do it they're ALL bad cops. When a police officer shoots and kills an unarmed man laying face down on the ground and he gets a slap on the wrist from his superiors they're ALL bad cops. When a woman is protesting, gets shot in the face with a rubber bullet and the commander not only laughs about it but says to the officer 'good shot' while 20+ fellow officers laugh along with them they're ALL bad cops.( www.youtube.com... )

I've seen ONE example of a decent cop. That's not only watching hundreds of videos but also real world experiences. That ratio is horrible.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I'm not part of the "problem" as I see it as I do not paint with such a broad brush.

I know many LEOs and many of them have complained to me that when they do report a "Bad Cop", they are buried under a mountain of paperwork, investigated by internal affairs and when proven right are often blacklisted by the police union.

I know of one LEO, a good and honorable friend, who has taken off the force four officers. He's still on his towns force and people know to be upfront with him as he takes no BS from anyone. He doesn't care if your wearing a badge or civvies. If your a bad guy...he'll take you down. If your a normal person...he's got your back. He takes his oath "to Protect and Serve" seriously.

Needless to say, he'll never be elected as Sheriff.

Also, There are very few YouTubes out there showing the daily things good cops do. It just isn't exciting enough, ya know?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I am not a fan of the police personally. But I won't lie and say I don't engage in less than legal activities. But I've met quite a few cops in my 22 years of life, and I have to say that there are good cops and bad cops. I don't know of too many, but there are a few cops that I would absolutely trust with my life. A few. But cops like this deserve to be treated like they treat others, maliciously and without remorse. They have forgotten serving and protecting, and have developed a superiority complex over us as a whole(them as a whole and us as a whole) Everyone's heard of hive mind, or mob mentality. When a single member of a group commits an act, say looting, the rest follow suit because it seems to me that their consciousness have semi-blended together. Working in the fast food industry, you notice that intelligence works the same way. When a large group of stupid people are together, even the intelligent people in that group as though they have a single brain cell and it was born with fetal alcohol syndrome.(Not a pun, but a very serious observation) So put this with cops. A single cop starts harassing and profiling people, the rest of the cops follow suit with the first because of the hive mind. Monkey see, monkey do. Combine this with 100th monkey syndrome and you've got our current state of affairs.

You can be any color, creed, nationality, and sexuality and there is always a chance that they will attempt to assert their 'status' on you in one form or another. But always know your rights. And fight back using them. Should this country become so full of itself that the government takes away our rights, the people will hive mind and take it back over. Get enough people pissed off, and oddly enough we all become pissed off. Just have to have enough people to pull the wool off of the others' eyes so to speak.

To the OP, thank you for posting this. We need to show them that we know what they're doing, and we can take that shiny piece of metal away from them by force. That right was given to us as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I guess our views oppose then.
So now, according to you anyways, I don't see any good in you.
Also 'you are' is "you're"... not "your". I'm assuming you're fairly young?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the guy came at the cops with a LARGE PIPE!

they screamed REPEATEDLY to drop it....

They even tazed the guy in the face and he pulled off the tags

just FYI a "bullet proof vest" doesnt protect against large blunt objects or your face...

I think the police were in the right here... I'd also check out the several other angles of this..

and dont give me "they shot him too much" things happen

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
reply to post by TDawgRex

I guess our views oppose then.
So now, according to you anyways, I don't see any good in you.
Also 'you are' is "you're"... not "your". I'm assuming you're fairly young?

I'm just trying to point out that saying "all" cops are bad is akin to me saying all OWS supporters are bad. See how that works?

I don't believe that all people are bad and look for the good. Seeing the bad in people is relatively easy these days.

I'm not accusing you of anything either. I love hearing from people who have viewpoints other than mine. I consider it a learning experience and makes for interesting and lively conversation.

I see your a grammer Nazi as well.
People make mistakes from time to time. My spell check didn't highlight that because it was spelled correctly and my eye didn't catch it either.

And thanks for the compliment. Darn near 50 and I still like to think I'm young...but the body just can't seem to agree some days.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This video is just a compilation of many others that have been posted through the years but is even more out of context than a lot of those were to begin with. Very bad, if not downright misleading, editing, and the music makes it impossible to even hear anything, but it does work well to stir emotion overall. Not really a lot to discuss here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

How is repeatedly kicking and punching an unconscious man, as one of the clips shows, out of context?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Agreed they are scum and I ain't even like the good ones they are all dogs in my eyes. It should be the responsibility of the community not some zombie with a batman utility belt and enough weapons to kill a suburb to ensure peace and justice.

When Cameron Doomadgee was found dead in the Palm Island police station his injuries were like those of someone who’d been in a fatal car crash. The police claimed he had tripped on a step. The Palm Islanders rioted and burnt down the police station. The subsequent trial of Senior Sergeant Chris Hurley – who had been decorated for his work in Aboriginal communities – made headlines day after day, shadowed by Queensland police threatening to strike.

The Tall Man: www.sbs.com.au...

Cops have a tough job? I imagine it would be very difficult being a community liaison and having to witness your brother dying right in front of you at the hands of the oppressor.

top topics

join