It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeath Leader Mustaine Announces His Endorsement for President! It's....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Rick Santorum?? Yep.

"Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable,” Mustaine recently told MusicRadar.com. “... You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."

Weighing in on the rest of the field, Mustaine called Newt Gingrich an “angry little man” and said Ron Paul will “make total sense for a while, and then he'll say something so way out that it negates everything else.”

As for Mitt Romney, the rocker said, “I've got to tell you, I was floored the other day to see that Mitt Romney's five boys have a $100 million trust fund. Where does a guy make that much money? So there's some questions there.”

www.politico.com...

Well, I'm glad that the campaign for the nomination is finally over. How can you argue with Megadeath?
(I know I'm supposed to comment a lot in an OP, but what is there left to say? Rockers for Rick.)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Wasn't there a article a bit back that said, "Beware the celebrity endorsements." ?

I'm sure all the candidates can and will use the monetary donations...but do they really want some of the names endorsing them attached to their name?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Coming from the guy who sang this, and clearly understands the cost of pointless war. Its such a shame to see this, I always respected Dave.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Dear TDawgRex,

I absolutely agree with everything you've said. I brought it up because of the hoax (in my opinion) thread that said Santorum hated any kind of rock and would ban it, given the opportunity (if I remember the thread properly).

Besides, it's such a contradiction to Santorum's image that I found it intriguing.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I was almost positive it was going to be Ron Paul. You really caught me off guard with that one. Never thought a member of a heavy medal band would be a conservative, let alone a Santorum supporter, it just seems odd to me. Wonder if he read what Santorum said about metal...
edit on 16-2-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: Spelling + Grammer

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
military intelligence, two words combined that cant make sense :p

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I wonder if Dave heard about Santorums anti heavy metal shtick yet, but screw Dave first he goes soft now this. You are no rock rebel your a conservative old fart.
"you take an aging man, put him out to vote watch him vote for a SOB watch your fanbase erode, erode eroooooode"
edit on 16-2-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Scratch another asshole off my childhood heroes list.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Scratch another asshole off my childhood heroes list.

Hahaha that was funny

mustaine, the failed metallica member.. who are a failed band in a failing world of failure and stupid country & metal style.

Don't remember where I was, I realized life was a game...
The more seriously I took things, the harder the rules became
I had no idea what it'd cost, my life passed before my eyes
I found out how little I accomplished... All my plans denied

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
When your clueless enough to back Santorum it really is a "Foreclosure of a Dream" isn't it Dave?

"Rise so high, yet so far to fall
A plan of dignity and balance for all
Political breakthrough, euphoria's high
More borrowed money, more borrowed time
Backed in a corner, caught up in the race
Means to an end ended in disgrace
Perspective is lost in the spirit of the chase

Foreclosure of a dream..."

I really though this guy was clued in to the political scene considering some of Megadeth's material, but it seems Dave's right in the thick of the herd.

The only REAL choice
Ron Paul 2012
edit on 16-2-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Dunno if ya know this.. But Dave is now a born again Christian. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I didn't know that. It might very well have been the reason, or at least a large part of it.

What's surprising to me are the people who say "Dave was just wonderful, my hero, great singer, etc. But he endorses a candidate different from mine? How dare he? He's (Insert your favorite expletive here.) a terrible person." That one thing makes you worthwhile as a human? Whether you agree politically? Lord, save me from friends like those.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Totaly Agree.

I'm actually wearing the Megadeth tour Tshirt at work, from the concert that I heard those very words from the redheaded troublemaker himself

At first, I figured he was just pulling one over on us, but he actually talked a lil bit about it, and what went on in his life and turning over a new leaf.. But also mentioned that it had nothing to do with changing his music, because he could still believe and rock his ass off at the same time. So, the way he put it out there, I honestly believed him. It wasnt a joke as I thought it was from the start. Blew my mind though! lol

I couldnt never judge a person by who they vote for. Though, I do wonder sometimes how people can elect such ignorance and stupidity, but such is everyone's right. It's sad how who you vote for can even get you fired these days if you dont lie or keep it to yourself. Pretty stupid if you ask me. There may be a true reason that person is voting the way they are.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
btw, check out the words to this song...

No band is as American as this one... No band speaks out more about politics than this.

edit on 16-2-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
No band is as American as this one... No band speaks out more about politics than this.

Maybe Rage. Btw, I'm getting a kick out of people dissing Dave because he supports a candidate they don't. That's pretty petty. Santorum is a knob but I'll still be listening to Megadeth.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Doh! You are correct. Forgot about those guys. I hear they're going on tour again, getting back together.

Yeah, I dont get that either. I thought politics was a "grown up" thing when I was a kid. I was wrong! This changes everything....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Been a Megadeth fan since the 80's and if you listen to their music, it's about as opposite to Rick Santorum's beliefs as you can get...on foreign policy anyway.

Mustaine released this statement on his website:

Dave Mustaine has issued the following statement to clarify reports that he has endorsed Rick Santorum for president: "Contrary to how some people have interpreted my words, I have not endorsed any presidential candidate. What I did say was that I hope to see a Republican in the White House. I've seen good qualities in all the candidates but by no means have made my choice yet. I respect the fact that Santorum took time off from his campaign to be with his sick daughter, but I never used the word 'endorse.'"

Source

So I guess the MSM got it wrong again! Either that or Dave woke up and decided he's not a born again butt-hole after all!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

So I guess the MSM got it wrong again! Either that or Dave woke up and decided he's not a born again butt-hole after all!
Or maybe, just maybe (cue Twilight Zone theme) somebody got to him! Did they replace him with a puppet? Did they activate his brain implant? Did the Koch Brothers buy him off?

This is ATS, can't we come up with a better explanation than Politico not hearing him properly?

top topics

join