It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing A Nation (Australian Unemployed Weep As Indian And Chinese Take The Mining Jobs)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by daaskapital

Dear daaskapital,

Someone above gave me a really detailed explanation about her and Abbot and how it all went down. I can only say that we haven't done any better in the US, our candidates run on lies and one of them openly said that he wasn't concerned about the poor, he was there to represent others, I guess rather than all of us. Peace.

Yes, Australia can only hope for an early re-election to turn things around now. With Gillard, we have pissed off the wrong people while doing trades with theirn enemies. I did read about Romney's statement and it is just horrible. Most politicians are the same, no matter if they are Americans or Australians, they all run on lies. In fact i think both of our country's would be better off if you had Ron Paul in power and we had Nick Xenophon in power down under (But, Xenophon will never get the spot, he is only and independent)

www.nickxenophon.com.au...

Stay safe
edit on 16-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Australia is also selling agricultural land to non-US investors:

nickxenophon.dbgtechnologies.com...

Non-US investors can currently acquire up to $231 million of Australian land before a FIRB review. While foreign investment is important for Australia, the relatively low value of our agricultural land means that large areas can be bought by overseas investors.

edit on 16-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

They're willing to work for less and are similarly educated. That's what this is about.

Your talk about skirting aussie freedom is bunk.

Compete. Show the chinese and the others that you can do better.

Simple as that. Don't talk. Act.

This is different than forming your company in china to skirt environmental laws. Those envrionmental laws tend to increase taxes (you know). So the companies make more money by going to china. Some people refuse to acknowledge that this is happening even though it has been admitted to be the case. There's a lot of politics involved. Some people just reflexively go for lower taxes irregardless of environmental effects. This has broad ramifications for the world. If there's no oversight then we can skirt every law in the book.

HOwever, if workers from elsewhere just plain ask for less then they're more competitive. This is also the case when companies move to china. But the environmental one also exists (as mentioned). You have to weight the wages of the workers and the indirect impacts and sum all of it to see which is truly better. For example, if you're employing kids and their parents force em to work at low wage then it's not better, even if you're coming out ahead in other areas. One has to consider all of the factors before making a judgment.

But as far as I can see, you don't mention where the factors go wrong. in a convincing way. You just babble about them being chinese or 'foreigners' and this has a echoing ring but no substance to it.

Until I know better, your complaints sound hollow to me.
edit on 16-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Dear daaskapital,

I followed the link to his website to try and understand what he is in favor of. I was stumped when I read about foreigners being able to buy up to $231 million in agricultural land without any review. I am of Irish decent and I seem to recall that many Irish were sent to Australia. We had a problem in Ireland with absentee land owners and I cannot believe that Australian politicians would allow it to happen there.

The leaders of the west, in my humble opinion, have sold their souls and our nations out in exchange for personal wealth and power. We on the other hand seem to increasingly be selling out our morals for trinkets, amusements and immorality. We have taken up the morals of Blavatsky, LeVey, Baily and Crowley, "Do as thou will". Peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
John Laws has been the most respected and highly rated radio talk back/entertainer for decades , he has heard it all,talked to the most famous/infamous on occassions.
But a few days ago he had a fair dinkum Aussie , who after spending thousands of dollars attempting to get a job in the highly lucrative mining industry in Australia..spending approximately six thousand dollars, getting the certificates that are required by the Aussie(sic, sic) mining bosses0 to be considered as suitable employment material, on his show choking back tears why?

He like millions of other stunned Aussies , have been informed(sic) that The Aussie governemnet i the last budget passed legislation allowing foreign nations who invest in Australia to import theiir own labour, and bypass all immigration and residency requirements.
The upshot?
In Australia mining jobs pay good money , there is a many thousand waiting list for supoosed vacancies.

But alas those on the waiting lists are going to be hopped over by Indian and Malay Chinese ec t workers with no Australian citizenship/residency permits...by virtue of Prime Minister Gillards legislation, that efectively allows foreign non citizens/residents to take Australian citizens/residents jobs in a sector that will earn billions in profit.

Why...yes the Indians and Chinese will work for less, but this is our nation or was.

These invaders are not crossing a border at midnight, they are /will be flying in on Indian/chinese built runways , via Jet palnes, circumnavigating Australian customs.

THINK ABOUT THAT.
Australia has been invavded...sold out by Stalinists.

Weep diggers weep, the traitors used you up and are as fat as you were skeletons in the Japanese camps

Indian billionares , own our political parties.

Ok I am with a lot of other people. You saying John Laws is well respected - the guy that loves to quote stats without investigating anything.
Next - This guys spent $6k for his quals - where did he apply for his positions. As I can tell you that if he had of gone to WA he would have had a very high of a chance of getting a job there. I have even had friends recently move over there after getting the required quals and not have an issue with job hunting as well.
Currently- the "fashion" amongst Aussies (I think 4 Corners did a write up of this one evening, I am lazy and am not gonna look for it) stating that a lot of Aussies are getting on the band wagon with regards to mining, but, due to the fact that they are paid so well, choose not to live where they work, but travel to the mines on a shift basis then return home to their originating state.
So Mr Laws and Friend me thinks, need to prolly do some more research...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
I dont buy it

Indians are especially the Aussies' scapegoats.. cause they remind them of the Aborigines they practically killed off (and did completely in Tasmania/NZ)

Asian indians and made to "pay" for it (ie 'taking their jobs') by white aussies with their LIVES in various hate killings/rapes on Indian guys/gals over the past few years in Oz, its sickening

You also need to do some research.

www.sikhchic.com...

There are loads of articles out there that explain these crimes.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by phatpackage

Dear phatpackage,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I was negotiating a deal with Rio Tinto and know just how big they are in Australia (and worldwide). Thank you also for discussing the election, a coalition government. If you want to see a real joke, watch the Republican debates here in the US, it is like watching a bad episode of an MTV reality show; but, it is no joke. As for our politicians, they all lie. Obama (Bush was no better) didn't even attempt to keep his promises. The politicians in the west serve their masters in finance and don't care about the rest of us. Hopefully, someday we can start electing people that actually care about the rest of us. Peace.

No worries mate. Just for your information the "Coalition" out here is actually the Liberal Party and the National party combined. We have a bit a strange naming situation here compared to the US. The Liberal/National coalition are the "Centre Right Wing" party here. Probably like the Republicans in the USA. The Australian labor party are the "Centre Left wing" party more like your Democrats. It is strange in that out here Liberal means "Right Wing" based and in the USA it's "Left Wing" based. Although one is left and one right they are probably on the whole more similar to each other compared to the Republican-Democrat thing in the USA.

The problem for the Labor party is that they Need the extremist left wing Greens party for support and consequently their somewhat centrist policies get hijacked with left wing BS. If you work with Oil, gas and mining in Australia the Green Party are your enemies. Hope your deal goes well. Cheer P

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Dear phatpackage,

The problem for the Labor party is that they Need the extremist left wing Greens party for support and consequently their somewhat centrist policies get hijacked with left wing BS. If you work with Oil, gas and mining in Australia the Green Party are your enemies. Hope your deal goes well. Cheer P

Not quite. I was working with a subsidiary in the United States that mines in the United States. It was owned by Rio Tinto and I was not involved in any mines in Australia. While based out of Australia they have mines worldwide, everything you can think of. The deal didn't go through because their material was not right; but, they liked my business plan they found another company and did the deal. Funny thing was, about a year later after I folded our deal, my cousin contacted me and asked me if I would talk to this company that his friend worked for about my industry. Turned out that it was the company that did make the deal and I got all the information about how they brought in this company based on my business plan. We got nothing out of it; but, the material just wasn't usable to us and I don't mind that someone else did. I found the management at the company to be very fair and decent people, I also believe that Rio Tinto got bought out. Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The middle-class must be killed off ... same thing happening in Amaracu (look that one up and follow the babylonian trail).

There will be the elites and the slaves.....have some soma.

[There is only one way out of the coming destruction....believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth.....amen].

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have to agree with most posters here. Using a radio talkback entertainer as a credibal source is laughable. You would have been better of posting a link to the legislation and sighting a few paragraphs. I ll pretend this is all true and your sorce is credible, so what?.I don't know why you would spend $6g on tickets, most training is provided for the right aplicant. As another posted said, fly to kalgoolie or karatha, even perth and you shouldnt have too much trouble finding a job. Personaly i have turned down fifo jobs in favour of a local equipment servicing job. Work out the hourly rate from when you get on the plane to when you get off and the rate isn't that great. Personally I don't think the life style is worth the pay.
It is a shame that most Australian politicians seem to be spine less slugs but that's Been the case since before the Howard era. By your logic should all mining jobs not go to local indigenous Australians so they can keep the profits in THEIR countries (Australia was made up of about 30 countries before the western "invasion"). All workers will have to comply with safety standards, that's the law. Conditions must meet australian standards, thats the law. whether they be "illegal immigrants" (one of the terms Howard used to dehumanized genuine asilam seeker), or bloody domesticated animals. their working Conditions must meet Australian standards. I am fairly sure no mining company needs to break the law to make a profit. No doubt they will be getting paid less (not to say they are less qualified) but I doubt they are on minimum wage. I am sure they are making a good living campared to their peers back home.

At the end of the day australia has the highest standard of living In the world, china and India, The lowest. Is it really such a bad thing sharing a small amount of our profits from raping the earth? Try having a little empathy...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

[There is only one way out of the coming destruction....believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth.....amen].

Can you please explain how the belief in Christ will make some one more hirable in the mining industry? i.e. how is religion in any way relevant to this thread?...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Whenever someone from a developed country complains about immigrants taking their jobs, it makes me chuckle. Immigrants often take the lower level jobs for starters, the ones that pay the least. Obviously there are exceptions, but still. Moreover, do you realise how many jobs Brits, Aussies, Americans, etc. take in other countries? Plus, they always take the best, higher level jobs. For example, in businesses in the Middle East, India and others, you often find educated white people being paid higher than educated non-whites simply because of their ethnic origins.

Those who live in glass houses...

Plus, this is a globalised society - trust me, if you pulled all the immigrants out of Australia, the UK or the US at once, their economies would completely collapse. Nationalism, to me, is dead. Many people look at tribal societies and think they're unintelligent, though isn't this how a globalised person would look at a nationalistic one? I honestly don't think an Aussie would give a job to a non Aussie unless they were better suited for the job or willing to work harder/for less money.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
Whenever someone from a developed country complains about immigrants taking their jobs, it makes me chuckle. Immigrants often take the lower level jobs for starters, the ones that pay the least. Obviously there are exceptions, but still. Moreover, do you realise how many jobs Brits, Aussies, Americans, etc. take in other countries? Plus, they always take the best, higher level jobs. For example, in businesses in the Middle East, India and others, you often find educated white people being paid higher than educated non-whites simply because of their ethnic origins.

Plus, this is a globalised society - trust me, if you pulled all the immigrants out of Australia, the UK or the US at once, their economies would completely collapse. Nationalism, to me, is dead. Many people look at tribal societies and think they're unintelligent, though isn't this how a globalised person would look at a nationalistic one? I honestly don't think an Aussie would give a job to a non Aussie unless they were better suited for the job or willing to work harder/for less money.

Yes people who believe in protecting their own culture and livelihood are unintelligent, perhaps those who are intelligent in your calculations are simply pathologically sociopathic.

Delivering your nation to those who have no respect for your traditions /beliefs or past sacrifices, must be the new age way of self flagellation..or else sheer treason.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by arollingstone

Yes people who believe in protecting their own culture and livelihood are unintelligent, perhaps those who are intelligent in your calculations are simply pathologically sociopathic.

Delivering your nation to those who have no respect for your traditions /beliefs or past sacrifices, must be the new age way of self flagellation..or else sheer treason.

As aan addenum or wahtever is said to describe ...I firmly believe, traitors are not defined by race or colour nor anything such, they are just human beings who will sell anything in order to make profit , regardless of the consequences.
Unfortunately most of the human race who are susceptible to this triat vy for political office, one can only wonder if bribery is a constant source of nutrient there...for the suckuous.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Were is Pauline Hanson when we need her One Nation would of been good.

Trouble was she was too politically correct.

She wasn't a racist she just cared about her own people.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

I honestly don't think an Aussie would give a job to a non Aussie unless they were better suited for the job or willing to work harder/for less money.

The problem lies in that it is hard to determine what an Aussies is exactly these days, I meet many with yank accents and others wearing turbans, so hell these days I am as confused as the next person. As far as jobs go, Aussie has joined the rest of the slimy countries driven by HR companies and departments fronting for insurance brokers and share holders, hiding behind slogans like we care, employer of choice or we are here to help.

The Government like most is basically devious corrupt and needs to be tried for treason. We all know its going down the gurgler, the kids of today have less skills and abilities, unless its about self and the companies are driven by greed and deviousness. You cannot change a toilet roll unless some two faced educational institution has sold you some pathetic cert, for a few dollars and some waisted time

And as for all the rules and regs I read about previously, thats all fine in theory, but when some yank, Chinese or other International mining company buys your land so they can destroy a bit more of what was Australia, they also silence you by contract so who is left to complain and ensure that the rules and regs are followed.

Australia was once the lucky country now it is just a joke.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Calling someone unintelligent because of their veiw is a bit harsh in my opinion, I think Einstein said it best...
'Nationalism is an infantile disease. it is the measles of mankind'.
I think its got more to do with maturity or wisdom rather than intelligence.

Its a very sad thing, when this happens but theirs nothing new about it, its been going on in Australia since the first fleet arrived. Unfortinatly the aboriginal people didnt have much choice but to accept the European way of life or die resisting.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I speak to "diggers" on a semi regular basis, and they are without any doubt the most dignified and reflecting people I have ever had the privlege to meet.

But let me tell you, they see.

They know the traitors, they are old now they have health issues and the reality of old age to contend with, but they recognise and see the treason.

Hopefully the dead who died in the bloom of their youth fighting against the Turkish Islamic despots, the Despotic Germans, the despotic Japanese, the expanding , the communists in south east asia..cannot see, lets hope God in his grace forbade that suffering.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

There's an abundant low skill labor force in india and china. This is why it's so cheap to hire them. This is why people in developed nations with low skills are struggling. The answer isn't to close your borders, it's to lower your expectations and/or get an education so that you're no longer low skill.

You can't keep your expectations at the developed nation level and remain low skill. If you're low skill and can't imagine living poor in china or india then you need to find a way to get educated.

There's no where to hide, especially in this world where everything is being interconnected.

The population of india and china, combined, is some 2.55 billion people. They will produce a -lot- of workers. India will have the largest youth work force by 2030. 65% are below the age of 35.

This has always happened, as far back as people were hired to do work. Machines and ingenious mechanical devices replaced a lot of people too when they started coming out a few hundred years ago. Computers have done the same in many instances. And robots have replaced workers too. I read about language teachers losing jobs to teaching software. Bottom line, people have to change with the times to stay competitive. The world doesn't stop so that you can catch up. You have to be prepared for it.

Note: I mention 'low skill' because this portion of the work force is most heavily impacted by indian and chinese workers. However, there're others too. Wherever there's an abundance, there's a impact.
edit on 9-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
1. John Laws is not a respectable source

2. Australia recorded a six month low in unemployment at 5.1% so i dont think we are weeping. If you want to see weeping then have a look at what is happening with unemployment in the US.

3.We are not being invaded by foreign workers. everytime that there is an influx in foreign workers in this country the old timers cry invasion. its been that way for the last 100 years.
We are all one and the same. The sooner this country realises that the better.

Get out of the way if you can't change your old ways and beliefs. The times ' They are a changin.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Indigo2 because: (no reason given)
Very dramactic speech indigo . BTW no one is standing in the way either . except in the job market ofcourse as the old timers can longer retire early and open up jobs for the youngsters . And haven't you noticed that even your supermarket jobs are being taken by the old timers now , who can no longer afford to retire . Gee life suxs as the old timers are going to spend your inheritence as well now . hehehe

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join