It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing A Nation (Australian Unemployed Weep As Indian And Chinese Take The Mining Jobs)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
I dont buy it

Indians are especially the Aussies' scapegoats.. cause they remind them of the Aborigines they practically killed off (and did completely in Tasmania/NZ)

Asian indians and made to "pay" for it (ie 'taking their jobs') by white aussies with their LIVES in various hate killings/rapes on Indian guys/gals over the past few years in Oz, its sickening

you absolute wanker...dont you know it has been proven that it was indian commiting the crimes against other indians. it was nothing to do with racism and anyone who tries to say it was is just a wanker idiot

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Dr Expired

Dear Dr Expired,

Do they give any advantage to the aborigines in getting these jobs, I mean it was their country too. I live in California in the United States and everyone here complains about Mexicans, the people who started California and Texas and Arizona. I hear people complain that the illegals are taking their jobs. In central California where the illegal work picking fruit and vegtables, people complain that there kids go to school, yet, once they find the children they don't track down the families and send them all back, they just want to deny them any services. The immigration and naturalization service knows who picks our crops and doesn't raid the farms because we want the cheap labor.

I guess what I am saying is, we get the government that we deserve and the one we sell out to and eventually, it sells us out. Sorry for what is happening in your country, I don't know how they elected her in the first place. Yours is one of the few western countries to avoid the economic crash; but, I am sure she will find away to get you there. Peace.

An Aboriginal has the same opportunity to get one of these positions if they have the relevant qualifications and have good references/work history. There is no law that says Aboriginals cannot be hired. Frankly if they go through the process like everyone else and there is a vacancy they are entitled to the position. Equality, same for all. No one is entitled to a free ride.

Having said that what is an Aboriginals chance of landing a job like this even if they meet the the criteria? Slim to none. Why? because the companies involved are looking for cheaper labor resources externally. And guess what? Everybody here whether you are Anglo/Celt, Aboriginal, Asian, European, Middle Eastern or Polynesian has slim to no chance of landing one of these jobs because of these new hiring practices. These companies policies are discriminatory towards all Australian residents regardless of racial heritage.

Hiring policy & culture in mining works a little bit funny here. There are many mines who will only hire or show preference based on concepts of how long one has lived in the area around the mine and if any of your family are or were miners. This discrimination effects people of all races and backgrounds.

I will explain how she became "elected". Nobody actually "Won" the last election. Both candidates (Abbot & Gillard) presented by the two major (Liberal & Labor) parties were that pathetic not one of them was actually good enough to win enough parliament seats to claim victory in their own right. Instead it came down to the two major parties to do "back room" deals with Independent seat winners to see who would rule. Labor & Gillard were able to sway these independents for support. Called preferences.

She did this by making phoney promises to these independent members making them think they had "a say" on policies that concerned them the most. She then turned around and stabbed them in the back and did not keep her word on these deals. E.G poker machine legislation.

Gillard also lied when campaigning. She there would not be a carbon tax. Now she has rolled one out. A straight out lie. I not saying either we need or do not need a carbon tax. That is not the issue. It's the use of a blatant lie to sucker people to vote for her. Why? because she is controlled by the Green party who threaten to remove their support for her party if she does not implement their far left wing strategies and ideas into policy. If she loses that support her right to leadership becomes in the balance.

Abbot, the opposition leader just before the election boasted and gloated that yes he tells lies and had the attitude of "What are you going to do about it". We all know politicians lie but to have it shoved in our faces with a real smug attitude was really disheartening and rude.

The sad point is if either of the major parties put up a decent and likable candidate they would have won easily. There were just no quality choices in leadership and this is reflected by the fact nobody actually won. In the end Gillard got lucky enough to win. I say "By default". She claims to be the first elected female prime minister in Australia. I can tell you now there are much better educated, credentialed, deserving and likable women in Australia that would "eat her for breakfast" at being a leader. She could not even win the election under here own steam. It was decided by other politicians. Don't see Gillard as the benchmark as testament the quality of Australian woman. She is far below it.

I can't help but think this employment stance by mining companies is some of knee jerk reaction from the mining sector to discredit the Labor government over the "Mining Tax" fiasco.
edit on 16-2-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

couldnt have written it better myself. excellent informed post

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It started in america first, and looks like it's making its way around the world. This is part of what the Occupy movement was complaining so hard about. If you want to compete for work, get ready to become a slave.

This is certainly beginning to look like someone high up is trying to recreate legal and acceptable slavery. The clock appears to be winding backwards.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
It started in america first, and looks like it's making its way around the world. This is part of what the Occupy movement was complaining so hard about. If you want to compete for work, get ready to become a slave.

This is certainly beginning to look like someone high up is trying to recreate legal and acceptable slavery. The clock appears to be winding backwards.

Yeah I would agree to some degree it is a possible form of slavery. Australian miners get paid very well (some say to well) but in defense of the high salaries it is physically hard, extremely dangerous (health and safety wise) and dirty work. Combined with "long hours" shift rosters and being away from family and friends for extended periods of time it needs to be worth their while.

These new type of workers are obviously getting paid a lot less with less "conditions" otherwise they would not be bringing them in. So yeah possibly some sort of slavery.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am afraid the days of white supremacy in Oz are numbered.

It was a good time for the Convicts (as Abos call white Australians) for about a century or so, but they were only on borrowed time.

Get over it. Australia has new tenants now.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
I am afraid the days of white supremacy in Oz are numbered.

It was a good time for the Convicts (as Abos call white Australians) for about a century or so, but they were only on borrowed time.

Get over it. Australia has new tenants now.

You obviously have no comprehension of the demographic, history, make up and complexity of Australian society. Over the years there have been many "waves" of immigration into Australia for many different reasons. Some of these include the Chinese immigration in pre federation gold rush days, mass European immigration during the post WWII days & Asian immigration during the 1970's. The list goes on. Australia has a proud history of immigration and have created one of the most culturally diverse societies in the world.

You seem to miss the point. It's not about being racist or anti immigration. We don't want "tenants" who are transient workers who "Fly in Fly out" (FIFO) who take their money out of our economy, degrade the dollar value of the Australian labor force and take away the "Fair Go" and chance for opportunity aspect for all Australian residents regardless of their racial heritage.

What is preferable is if we need to "bring in" workers they need to bring their whole life, family and all to Australia and get paid the true value for their labor (which they deserve) which helps build our economy. If they want to maintain their cultural identity that is fine, no problem from me but the point is they are contributing to make Australia stronger culturally & economically. You only get that from people who totally commit their lives to Australia. Not from Transient workers.

Australia and it "spoils" should be exclusively for Australian Citizens and it's legal "permanent residents" regardless of ethnic background. We don't want to see our economy drained. Only made stronger. This has been shown historically. Those who have re located their whole lives to Australia have made massive contributions to how we are today and yet still manage to retain their cultural identity.

You seem to put across the point that Australia is a racist country. Don't stereotype, generalise and think that all Australians are like this. Like all countries we have our problem people but to assume all Australians are racist (like you have) is racist in itself. You also need to do your research and discover the true story about that last picture you placed in your post and see the results of the official investigations which were officially accepted by the Indian government.

I have "convict" heritage on one side of my family. The other side were immigrants in early 1960's so I have perspective from both sides.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Dr Expired

I don't know how they elected her in the first place. Yours is one of the few western countries to avoid the economic crash; but, I am sure she will find away to get you there. Peace.

We didn't elect her, she forced her way into the top position via a political coup, then she held a 're-election' after all the controversy, promising all this #, but sold us all out afterwards.
For example:

Carbon Tax - She stated that there would be no carbon tax under her govt, but there is an official report from the anti-carbon companies to Gillard, 1 month before the re-election started:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.sba.asn.au...

Telling Afghanistan that we are staying after 2014, potentially up to 2020 if need be.

She is destroying our country.
edit on 16-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am 100% Australian, I load trucks for online shopping at Woolworth's, the drivers of the trucks are all Indian and I consider all 7 of them my friends.
All our truck drivers were born in India, they all speak Indian to each other. They are hard working, well paid, funny as anything and great to work with. They are not destroying our country and I absolutely hate the term "invaders" that is an absolute joke.
Obviously in this case it is to do with the mines, my mothers partner is a diesel mechanic and got a job in the mines a week after applying. Maybe this man should get a trade and it might be easier for him instead of blaming "invaders" on his lack of employability.

So what that the Chinese and Indians have invested in our mines, sent home labour, woopdy doo what else can our Government do to pump up the cash when a lot of our youth are lazy drug addicts living in home grown slums, affiliated and never want to work a day.
Simple fact, we don't have enough tradesmen and youth interested in trades to send experienced Australian men and woman to work in our mines.

Yes I feel for this man, but honestly your all so subtly racist with your remarks on this thread, well at least I consider it too be.
"Invaders" that is a horrible term.
Get over it, I cannot believe this is still happening in 2012.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Rukas

I dont buy it

Indians are especially the Aussies' scapegoats.. cause they remind them of the Aborigines they practically killed off (and did completely in Tasmania/NZ)

Asian indians and made to "pay" for it (ie 'taking their jobs') by white aussies with their LIVES in various hate killings/rapes on Indian guys/gals over the past few years in Oz, its sickening

Wow, you're an idiot.

Australians killed off Aboriginals, aka Native Australians, in NEW ZEALAND, a separate country?

No Australian equates Indians with Aboriginals, that is absurd, and a down right racist comment. You're saying they're the same because they're both dark? Racist.

Anyway, that is completely off topic.

Back on topic, these laws are a disgrace.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Rukas because: (no reason given)
Are you by chance, an American? If so, you do know right that the American's killed off most of the American Indians. They had it far worse than the Australian Aborigines.

The thread is in reference to Indians from the country of India not Native North American Indians.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think many are missing the point of the OP's story.

What we are discussing here is not immigrants coming here to work. We are not discussing or comparing similarities with Greeks/Italians?Yugoslavs of the 60's, Vietnamese of the 80's, Lebanese and turks of the 90's etc.

What we are discussing here is fundamentally much more serious.

These mining companies with the backing of the government are bringing in their own workers from India and China, without them getting citizenship or coming in the front door like most immigrants to this once great nation do.

These companies are effectively, actively bringing in illegal immigrant slave labor to work their mines, bypassing local Australian citizens who should have first choice regardless of the background of local citizens.

I have heard of a couple cases of this happening a few years ago with an outback rail project. The company doing it brought in illegal workers. Was all going well till the story leaked and unions found out and shut down the project.

Agreed with others that we need more sources for this story in regard to illegal workers working in the mines. If true, and we can confirm without a doubt, you can bet your a$$ that Australia will strike and stop the nation till they are removed.

National strike, ports, business, airports, everything till action is taken.

What we as Australians can do now is try and source as much information of this as possible and send it to as media media outlets as you can to get this story into the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

you absolute wanker...dont you know it has been proven that it was indian commiting the crimes against other indians. it was nothing to do with racism and anyone who tries to say it was is just a wanker idiot

LOL there was one case of indian on indian crime, the bulk of crimes on indians in Aus including the bloody rape and murder of some Indian chick were post 9/11 false flag atmosphere stimulated anti-muslim sentiment motivated anyways, they still cant tell the difference between arabs, indians, whatever nor care to.

Scapegoating will be... scapegoating whether in USA or Australia.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I completely misinterpreted his post

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ah no, the aborigines of New Zealand are the Maori and did not suffer the same extremes of indignity. They are completely different ethnically as well.

Oh and lots of Kiwis are getting mining jobs in Oz as well. You Ockers don't need another reason to hate on us though. Firstly our expats are raising the IQ on both sides of the ditch, and secondly we shear sheep while you share them.

Oh lol
edit on 16-2-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

LOL there was one case of indian on indian crime, the bulk of crimes on indians in Aus including the bloody rape and murder of some Indian chick were post 9/11 false flag atmosphere stimulated anti-muslim sentiment motivated anyways, they still cant tell the difference between arabs, indians, whatever nor care to.

Scapegoating will be... scapegoating whether in USA or Australia.

you just keep posting.....;you are sounding more intelligent by the post.

go home mate.....you are depriving some village of their idiot!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

the bulk of crimes on indians in Aus including the bloody rape and murder of some Indian chick were post 9/11 false flag atmosphere stimulated anti-muslim sentiment motivated anyways

the rape and murder of that poor women was not motivated by race or religion or committed by your stereotypical white racist Aussie. The person convicted of this crime lived in the same apartment block as the victim and he is of Sri Lankan heritage so try again ignant. I should add that the perpetrator witnessed his father kill his mother when he was 9 years old so most likely had some very serious issues from this which contributed to his motivation committing this crime.

on topic: If this is true then its disgusting. I can understand if it was due to a skills shortage but doing this so these companies can get around Australian wage and workplace laws is criminal. Ok now back to shagging... errrr I mean shearing sheep.
edit on 16-2-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There was also several incidences of "Indians" claiming they were attacked by "racists", and later admitted they were lying, just for the publicity.
Unfortunately in our major cities, there is a growing number of attempted rapes etc, being perpetrated by darker skinned Taxi drivers against young "White" vulnerable woman, alone in taxis, or walking the street late at night.

There is a lot of ignorance shown in this thread, and on this site, about the "Convict Business", as well.

Lets clear it up.....In the 1500s The English parliament decreed that criminals can be "Transported" off the Island...more of an ethnic cleansing measure than anything (eg Irish, Scots, etc etc).

Prior to 1770, THE MAIN destination for convicts sent for transportation WAS THE AMERICAN COLONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Virginia, Maserchoohcoos etc. The FRENCH ALSO SENT CONVICTS TO THE AMERICAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that nasty Independence war rubbish, and as England experienced a population boom, with the industrial revolution etc, AND AS ITS LAWS WERE DRACONIAN AND BORDERED ON ETHNIC CLEANSING, many ex Navy Hulks were converted along the Thames to house petty criminals.....
NEARLY ALL of these criminals, were incarcerated for various HEINOUS crimes as, stealing a loaf of bread, stealing a handkerchief!!, swearing!!, stealing an apple, etc etc. Most Murders and Rapist at that time, were EXECUTED!!!

So where do they send all the handkerchief stealers, now that America is unavailable?
They had just Found a big unused land in the South, they shall take them there.

SO....There were 5 Main convict settlements in the Southern land....Botany Bay, Port Maquarie both in New South Wales, Port Arthur (Van Deimens Land), Norfolk Island, and Fremantle.....Thats it.

The first convicts arrived in 1788, with marines, officials and their families etc, who found an unspoilt paradise.
By 1793 The First FREE Settlers started arriving from the motherland in Botany Bay, New South Wales.

The only REAL Prison was built at Port Arthur, Van Diemens Land...

The Transportation of convicts ENDED IN 1853!!!, and a total of only 162,000 convicts were transported.
Yes, mainly just poor unfortunate people, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
MANY ex convicts returned to England AS MILLIONAIRES, having used their skills in the new land to make lots of money.
Other Colonies were set up on the continent, as FREE COLONIES.
So, you see, Australia Wasnt Really FULL OF CONVICTS.

Also consider, that in 1770, when the American EX-CONVICTS!!!! decided to fight the motherland, there were 13 MILLION people!!!!, living in those colonies.

Also be Aware, the Country of Australia, DID NOT EXIST, until 1901, when all the colonies were Federated as states, in the Commonwealth of Australia.

I hope this little history lesson, allows people to be aware of the Truth, regarding this Island.

Yes we all feel for the First peoples, but if it wasnt the English, it would have been the Dutch or French or Spanish or Portugese or China or Japan...the continent would have been invaded by SOMEONE!!!

Only recently, the Chinese have actually said THEY discovered Australia before the Whites...and they probably did..the First peoples traded with the Indonesians, Malacans, Malay, and Chinese etc for 1000s of years.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Dear phatpackage,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I was negotiating a deal with Rio Tinto and know just how big they are in Australia (and worldwide). Thank you also for discussing the election, a coalition government. If you want to see a real joke, watch the Republican debates here in the US, it is like watching a bad episode of an MTV reality show; but, it is no joke. As for our politicians, they all lie. Obama (Bush was no better) didn't even attempt to keep his promises. The politicians in the west serve their masters in finance and don't care about the rest of us. Hopefully, someday we can start electing people that actually care about the rest of us. Peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Dear daaskapital,

Someone above gave me a really detailed explanation about her and Abbot and how it all went down. I can only say that we haven't done any better in the US, our candidates run on lies and one of them openly said that he wasn't concerned about the poor, he was there to represent others, I guess rather than all of us. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join