It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"180" Movie - A Few Minutes that may change your mind about Abortion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
Killing babies is wrong.

There should be no choice involved.

People claiming masturbation is a form of abortion are being ignorant to the fact of life needing an egg from a female, and sperm from a male.

Why should a woman have the choice to kill her unborn baby because it is an inconvenience?

If a person were to punch a woman in the stomach while she is pregnant, and the baby died, they would get charged with murder. Either the baby is a life or it isn't. It sounds like women are making excuses on why they get to decide the fate of a life.

People act like there is some grey area here. It's clear we should be saving the lives of these babies. But, as the video shows, getting involved in someone else's murderous whims are what a cowardly society does not do.

Same tired arguments.
1)Not all abortion is about convenience. Nice try though.
2)A woman cannot choose to kill an unborn child. They can choose to abort a fetus.
3)Someone else choosing to terminate the pregnancy is in no way comparable to a mother choosing to. Totally irrelevant, yet it seems to be another of the "go-to" arguments for the anti-choicers
4)No one is condoning murder. More propaganda.

So, Ill pose this to you, and all the other anti-choicers in this thread, again, although I expect it to be ignored as it has so far:

You have established your opinion on the matter. Why do you think it is your right to force that opinion on others?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady
[more

I'd be very suspect of any doctor practicing female reproductive medicine that made that type of blanket statement.

If a doctor makes a wide sweeping statement such as that, regarding a medical procedure that might be required to save a woman's life, he might as well be telling the woman he doesn't recognize these complications and he cannot be trusted to care for her.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

See fo rme it was life or death and I chose to live.. I was only 12 and kinda wanted to grow up and not die on some operating table because some jerk decided I was "cute" Sorry again I can't say as I would have liked dying at that point just so a 3 week old fetus could live....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

See fo rme it was life or death and I chose to live.. I was only 12 and kinda wanted to grow up and not die on some operating table because some jerk decided I was "cute" Sorry again I can't say as I would have liked dying at that point just so a 3 week old fetus could live....

Well, to the anti-choice crowd, the life of the cells were more important than yours. See, these people are about life, but only so long as it is on their terms...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Are you talking about yourself? Is this theoretical? Do you think 12 year olds can't safely deliver babies? I worked with an 11 year old who had natural child birth. You're throwing a bunch of stuff all together and it isn't convincing me that abortion is the solution here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sanitize the words any way you like. Can't say baby, because that would mean it really is a human being, so call it fetus. Don't you dare say kill, you can not make the assumption it is alive. And killing isn't really murder unless is it a person.

It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i love when people like this guy in the video, who obviously believe what is written in the bible, try to use logic when the existence of "God" is the most illogical thing in the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And btw this guy needs to get another 180 to be on the right track again.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Are you talking about yourself? Is this theoretical? Do you think 12 year olds can't safely deliver babies? I worked with an 11 year old who had natural child birth. You're throwing a bunch of stuff all together and it isn't convincing me that abortion is the solution here.

What she is saying is that when she was 12 years old she was raped and chose to abort the 3 week old pregnancy to save her own life.

You have no idea how incredibly traumatic it is for a young girl to be raped, I would be a sin to force her to suffer also a pregnancy forced on her against her will. In such a case doing so puts her life in danger.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
On one hand, the world is over-populated and cannot feed its denizens enough food or resources and is running itself into war after war for this very underlying reason.

On the other hand, we need every genetically handicapped, sick, mongoloidal embryo to develop into a burden on society. Not to mention those under-parented unfortunates who turn into a menace to society...

Only something as fanciful as religion could concoct rationale to support a 'pro life' agenda. I guess it is easier to indoctrinate those who are hamstrung by illness or misfortune from birth in the ways of fictitious deity worship... so 'pro life' goes hand-in-hand with

link   
Me and my girlfriend have actually been through the abortion and let me tell you.... you aint just putting a stop to a new life you kill something inside of you aswell. People can talk about it as much as they like, its the people that have been through it that know.

link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
[more

I'd be very suspect of any doctor practicing female reproductive medicine that made that type of blanket statement.

If a doctor makes a wide sweeping statement such as that, regarding a medical procedure that might be required to save a woman's life, he might as well be telling the woman he doesn't recognize these complications and he cannot be trusted to care for her.

The only ob/gyn doctor I can remember quoting here is Ron Paul and when asked his opinion about abortion he said 2 things I can remember: 1) It is a violent crime. 2) When I went to medical school we were taught that when a women is pregnant there are two patients, not one. I don't see how either are dangerous blanket statements.

No doctor is going to endanger a woman's life to save a baby's. Any choice to do that comes from the mother. If not is it medical malpractice.

I read that he did say he supported the Plan B pill only for genuine rape victims.
edit on 2/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tizza2k

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for sharing.
Nobody can tell it like someone whose lived it.
edit on 2/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Ex

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's an idea, let every citizen decide what is right for them,
each family decide and follow the beliefs that they deem needed.

I think that politicians should get off of the legislation of morals in this country
get out of our bedrooms and get to work doing what I elect them to do ,
which is get our economy moving, get our citizens back to work ( at a wage they can live on).
Stop corperate welfare and realize they are in office to represent ALL Americans
not just their buddies and political backers.

Let Women decide for themselves, and do not think that abortion is an easy answer to
any women that deems it necessary in their lives!

( I also hate that it is all white men in congress discussing this issue)

PS: Your 180 is propoganda BS

edit on 2/16/2012 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

And no, your video did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before.

Funny, your post is 3 minutes after the OP, and it's a 33 minute movie. You must have a time machine or something, if you can watch a 33 minute movie in 3 minutes.

As for the topic, I am glad there are abortions. I mean, most people who abort are probably not fit to be parents anyway, and would simply mistreat the kid. They're selfish people who have no responsibility for their actions, and will most likely create more criminals.

about 180 seconds was all I needed. It starts as pure propaganda. Thats all i needed to know.

edit on 16-2-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

So, you're saying you spent all day on here debating a video you never even watched? That's classic!
That reminds me of the "put him in a round room and tell him to piss in the corner" joke...

No, Im saying i watched about 2 minutes of it before my first post.

Are you guys that desperate, that THIS is the only thing you can argue about the topic?

I thought the topic was a MOVIE...which you didn't watch. So, it appears that you're the only one commenting about whatever it is you're commenting on, which ISN'T the movie. Hmmmmmmm.....

Besides, I already told you my stance on abortion. I support it, for the reasons I gave. However, I think you're an idiot for posting on a subject (the movie) which you didn't watch. Maybe I'll go watch 30 seconds of Act of Valor and give an in depth analysis of the movie. Sounds about right, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I completely respect your opinion and how you feel on the matter of abortion. But as many have said before me on this thread you really do have no place nor does anyone have a place to judge anyone based upon decisions of this matter. Especially the people who have not been in the shoes of the people they are judging. I've noticed quite a few people protest things they do not understand, because they have not been there where that person is in life. Reality is, you have NO idea what really happened or is happening and the reasoning behind those decisions! Have you ever been 16,raped, and walking out of a clinic only to signs of people yelling who have not felt half the pain that girl has? Until you are in a predicament of the nature I don't feel it justified to judge on morality, one can always state opinion and voice reason but to judge morality of another human being..I don't feel is right. You're video didn't change my mind, whatsoever. I do however respect your opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tizza2k

Well, maybe you wasn't 100% sure you should do it. There are people who were 100% sure abortion was the right thing to do for them, and they never regret it. Like said already, its a situational thing, therefore it shouldn't be illegalized.

Theoretical situation.
You're standing in front of 3 people. You have to kill 1 of them and you all live or you all die. LOGIC ALERT!
You #ing kill 1.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It seems extremely arrogant, and flat out naive, to claim that those who are pro-choice have no moral bacing for it. Personally, I consider claiming to have any right to tell other what to do or how to live is the most immoral thing one can do.

And no, your video did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before.

how did you watch a 30 min movie in 3 minutes?

How do you know ANYTHING about what the video has to say?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
S

Originally posted by tizza2k
Me and my girlfriend have actually been through the abortion and let me tell you.... you aint just putting a stop to a new life you kill something inside of you aswell. People can talk about it as much as they like, its the people that have been through it that know.

I've been through it. I know. And going through it only served to make me even more a staunch supporter of choice.

I'm sorry the experience was hard for you, but don't be so arrogant as to think your experience was the same as all others.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

It seems extremely arrogant, and flat out naive, to claim that those who are pro-choice have no moral bacing for it. Personally, I consider claiming to have any right to tell other what to do or how to live is the most immoral thing one can do.

how did you watch a 30 min movie in 3 minutes?

How do you know ANYTHING about what the video has to say?
another person harping on this as opposed to speaking on topic. You guys do follow a pattern, ill give you that.

As for a response, look back. I've addressed this at least 3 times already.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join