It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. lawmaker seeks answers after State Department error releases Mexican fugitive from Texas jail !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The U.S. state Department apparently ordered the release of a captured former Mexican government official wanted for embezzling millions.

The release order evidently came quickly too.

The next day however, The State Dept must have realized a mistake and rescinded the order, but the prisoner was of course long gone !!

Hector Hernandez Javier Villarreal (yes that's one name), is the former secretary executive of the Tax Administration Service of Coahulia, Mexico.

A former Mexican government official wanted for embezzling millions was arrested in Texas this month, then promptly ordered released by the State Department in a case that has one lawmaker demanding answers.

A day after pulling rank on Smith County, Texas, law enforcement officials, the State Department rescinded the order. But Hector Hernandez Javier Villarreal was gone by then. Now Rep. Louie Gohmert is calling for congressional hearings to find out what happened.

"That's the question: What are the federal officials thinking? The State Department is screwing up by ordering locals to release these fugitives," Gohmert, R-Texas, told FoxNews.com. "I don't know if it's corruption or incompetence, but it's one or the other and in my experience with federal government, I'm guessing it's incompetence."
Hmmm, good question Mr. Gohmert .. corruption or incompetence .. maybe BOTH !!

Maybe Mr. Villarreal is an undercover IRS agent

Long story from Fox: (parts of the story seem fishy)
DHS boondoggle

Who screwed this one up ??

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This would never happen in Arizona. Sherriff Joe gives middle fingers to FEDs with a big smile.

edit on 15-2-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He wasn't released. He was killed.

You know what they say about those Texans and the death penalty. lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Corruption or incompetence. Or both. Yow--tough call on that one. I'm leaning toward corruption, though. Something to hide... potential exposure of a secret operation... or the "embezzled" money was actually the payoff or the operation's funding....

Generally I think that it's far from incompetence. There are evil people with big plans afoot--and none of it to the benefit of you and me--of that you can be sure. Whatever it is, I doubt it's as simple as an isolated corrupt ex-official. Someday we'll find the explanation buried in the time-line of a major exposé--long, long after the damage is done and it's too late (or politically inconvenient) to prosecute anyone....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm kinda wondering when or where the State Department got the authority to order a state to kick someone lose from custody? That's the kind of thing in movies with bad actors in cheap suits telling the town sheriff to let they guy go or else. I believe we have people in Government who have been watching too many movies...and decided 'Hey, why not? They won't say NO..'.

States need to start saying NO. That 10th amendment is a pain for the Feds....if only states would remember the damn thing exists.

new topics

top topics

join