It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Iran won't be easy to fight....Geography.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I will tell you something my little American friend. You have no Clue at all.

Because it is say made in the USA, doesn't mean it was actually invented from scratch in the USA.

Technology is very much based on international contracts or theft::: even in the USA. Many products in your so called war machine is actually produced in Norway.

The only difference between the USA and other nations is that the USA have a Money printing scam in their backyard.

And you can probably add a few trillion dollars in debt to all your so called inventions as well.

Soon you wont have Money to do a damn thing. Lets see how Your so called inventions turn out then. The US will be buying second hand Russian and chinese technology in the future. Because the US won't have Money to buy technology and produce their own stuff.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

why Iran will be one of the most challenging places America has ever comitted forces to fight

sounds definitive. Are you gearing up for some mayhem ?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Hello Becky,

This is the only time I'll respond to one of your trolling posts as my responses tend to be modded into the memory hole.

You see those links you posted from your beloved Gizmag? The ones that make your little red, white and blue heart swell inside your all American chest while you fervently dream of killing brown people in your special helmet?

Specifically this one.

www.gizmag.com...

See the very top article? 'Hero's 2WD diesel-electric RNT radically rethinks the motorcycle as an all-purpose utility vehicle'

en.wikipedia.org...

Hero Motocorp Ltd., formerly Hero Honda, is an Indian motorcycle and scooter manufacturer based in New Delhi, India.

Or did you mean the other one?

'Inside the Ducati factory: Building the 1199 Panigale from the ground up'

That would be Ducati in Italy.

Or maybe this one?

'How do you move a city and keep its mining industry alive?'.

The article about Sweden.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Where do you get Iran delivering any sort of chemical delivery to the states? The best they could do is Biological and we'd be all over it at the first signs of outbreak, Bio can be smuggled in, but a chemical Icbm attack? this is silly, any boat coming remotely near the Atlantic will be stalked by sub and satellite and we'd know the second they armed anything

Just an excellent thread. I look forward to getting the time to read it all.

One thing that most countries know by now is never understatement the ONI. God only knows what they have been up too. I never understood why Naval Intelligence was neither part of the Navy or the Marines-float their own boat so to speak.

These guys are WORSE than the NSA when it comes to snooping.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That's why we tried to bring down Syria. Open up alternate air route for entry and retreat.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
one nice thing about meat grinders is
governments totally infiltrated by criminal elements
can throw all the patriotic soldiers into them
and effectively remove all military resistance to thier criminality on the home front

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Actually there are some low alititude, low power nuclear devices designed to generate massive gamma ray bursts that will kill ALL LIFE within line of sight, within hours or days.
edit on 14-2-2014 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

why Iran will be one of the most challenging places America has ever comitted forces to fight

sounds definitive. Are you gearing up for some mayhem ?

I've just been watching the talk of war with Iran for..oh..about 8 years now? Had you missed the beating of the war drums? They seem to be getting louder, if anything. It's particularly interesting to learn after the fact that Dick 'Vader' Cheney was pushing very hard for open attacks and war with Iran before Bush left. It's something I think we all suspected was happening during the "Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" jokes and references administration officials were cracking back then, but sobering to have read afterward that it was a factual thing.

War talk hasn't slowed, and really? I hadn't given much thought to this thread until another member here brought it back to current indexes for chat with a fresh post. It fits as well now as it did when I wrote it though. Distances, logistics and geography haven't changed since the failed rescue mission under Carter.

It would still be similar to a foreign power sitting in the Pacific and trying to attack Area 51 by airstrike. Not likely any of those aircraft would ever leave Nevada intact, to say the least....and for the same reasons Iran is a death trap for us, IMO. (Actually, somewhere in Utah would be more accurate for distances and pure physical fuel issues for having anything on a return trip out.)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I just find it ridiculous that you guys are sort of..."foaming at the mouth" about this soon to come war...

So instead of finding reasons not to go to war...you are actually thinking how to get around potential obstacles once you land there.

Since you took the time to make this thread about geo of Iran, I can only assume...they got your vote to go kick some butt over there.

There is a thread on ATS currently about the possible Iran counter if attacked....

well...what's another 3000 dead back home...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Have you read this thread from the OP down? I didn't write this as a way to look for ways around the geographic problems of fighting in Iran. I wrote this thread very directly as an ANTI-WAR thread, simply based entirely around the geographic realities of culture, size and distances involved. They create something more than challenges, in my opinion. They create big red flags of 'do not attempt....BAD IDEA!'.

I'm not sure who is foaming at the mouth for anything? You might also notice the OP post Date/Time group and look carefully. It might be easy to mistake that, at first, for looking like I'd JUST wrote this thread ...when that's definitely not the case at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

To be honest...haven't read it entirely. The title sort of draw me in. I might be mistaken about your intent here. I apologize if I am.

But...your thread sounds almost as a manual of "do's and dont's while in Iran".

Yes I hear the war drums...but honestly...I'm disregarding them lately...since it's no news anymore...in the US...the war drums are always beating.

I sure hope those in power have thought all this through very carefully..and Obama is following the advice of his military leaders.

...and you feel military leaders are against it ? I'm sure soldiers are...but leaders ?

Anyway...no disrespect intended...I still see it like you're simply saying..."let's not attack Iran...because it could be hard"...not because it's wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Well, the OP was in February of 2012. A lot of things were happening then and as I recall, war looked more likely then as one of those heightened periods of tension between Iran and the United States. This is one of two I've done, generally attempting to illustrate why war with Iran is a real bad idea or, not supported by anything really factual. Sounds familiar and a blast to the past eh?

The case against a Nuclear Armed Iran.

You might find that more interesting, where I'd gone point by point in illustrating exactly why I think common sense and logic argue against Iran investing the time and money into a nuclear warhead of any kind. They do have a military nuclear research/development site. It's at Parchin, Iran and in the vicinity of Tehran as I recall, without pulling up maps. So I do think they may be making something, but it could be anything from EMP's to some new form of propulsion they think they can make work to a radiation related medical breakthrough they believe they may be onto and want absolute total security on. Who knows....since it's off limits by IAEA inspection agreements by being declared a military site. (Go figure the logic there..but thats how it all really did read, at least before the new US agreements we can't read the text to yet).

My prediction for Iran, in all seriousness? *IF* the United States were so unbelievably stupid as to open a new front or war at this stage, and in our present state of strength (or lack of it) in Iran, we may just have earned the defeat I think we'll get, unless Uncle pulls out the buck rogers stuff built in places we don't even know the proper names of. He hasn't yet, so I don't see it happening for that one, if it came.

If Obama or ANY President thinks Iran would absorb "limited strikes" or allow themselves to be 'spanked', which is far more accurately what we'd be talking about, they're totally delusional and I've said so before. Iran isn't a dictatorship or cult of personality like Saddam and Gaddafi ran. They sure aren't some developing nation like Panama or even a shattered and uncertain nation/series of them, like old Yugoslavia-Serbia in the 90's. Iran has a direct line back to an Empire spanning a couple thousand years. Iran and China are both that way for long and pretty well unbroken history as what they are today....or sure close enough as a people to have the pride and ownership and be bonded by it.

They'd fight...with ALL they have, if we wanted that or not, IMO.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

khimbar

Hello Becky,

This is the only time I'll respond to one of your trolling posts as my responses tend to be modded into the memory hole.

You see those links you posted from your beloved Gizmag? The ones that make your little red, white and blue heart swell inside your all American chest while you fervently dream of killing brown people in your special helmet?

Specifically this one.

www.gizmag.com...

See the very top article? 'Hero's 2WD diesel-electric RNT radically rethinks the motorcycle as an all-purpose utility vehicle'

en.wikipedia.org...

Hero Motocorp Ltd., formerly Hero Honda, is an Indian motorcycle and scooter manufacturer based in New Delhi, India.

Or did you mean the other one?

'Inside the Ducati factory: Building the 1199 Panigale from the ground up'

That would be Ducati in Italy.

Or maybe this one?

'How do you move a city and keep its mining industry alive?'.

The article about Sweden.

A lot of intellectual/research knowledge is being stolen from America a lot of those students who come to America are actually thieves.you don't need to believe me.ask the FBI .

here is a link.

www.bloomberg.com...

these thieving students are sucking us dry.they are parasites.they should be banned/arrested.

think about it.

www.amazon.com...

why on earth would these "students" need to come to america in the first place if they are so smart.

answer me.

answer me.

They come to steal.The FBI proves me right.

in any case i don's see any arabs or mosloms in those links proving me right again.

edit on 20-2-2014 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If Obama or ANY President thinks Iran would absorb "limited strikes" or allow themselves to be 'spanked', which is far more accurately what we'd be talking about, they're totally delusional and I've said so before. Iran isn't a dictatorship or cult of personality like Saddam and Gaddafi ran.

That is very true however I think you underestimate the intelligence community and their commitment to the region. I would hasten to guess that the US and their allies have more spies and operators in Iran than anywhere else-even Afghanistan. The intelligentsia in Iran has always been-somewhat pro-western-and the Agency and their stacks of $100 bills have lined the pockets of some of their top scientist.

I believe you are correct about the difficulty of any kind of invasion of Iran-that is why the policy of invading them from within is the game plan.

I have no expertise in this area however I do know that old habits die hard in the intelligence community.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join