It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WANTED: Troll Filter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

So for that to work a troll would have to make 100 ATS accounts and "troll flag" someone 100 times lol sounds like too much trouble to me!

The trolls maybe would not bother with that, but the shills certainly would. Hell, they would probably have prepared scripts already to auto-create accounts and to auto spam the troll flag on certain people, since they get paid for it.

So for that reason there would need to be a further block against that, like a post counter: The user should need something like 500 posts or 500 stars at the least to even be able to use the Troll-Flag function.

Actually, i think that would do it, and i like the idea. 100 Troll flags from confirmed ATS veteran certainly should count for something, on the level of a single MOD, i would think. Bringing in abit of democracy in the process

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
alot of you make little posts to boost your post,stars and flags,so why should everyone else need as you say need 500 posts to be a respected member?some of us don't post for the sake of these pathetic stars etc.they mean nothing,you don't earn respect by posting rubbish for the sake of it.you neovain seem to think alot of posts equals respect.wrong.in my opinion this thread takes away any kudos you and other manic posters have.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If you've ever disagreed with someone here, then you're a troll.

Its comes with the territory I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

i would like to take it a step up, and block certain people from even posting in my threads.

You want to censor and control people?

i want my freedom back please.

Bit hypocritical innit?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

there are plenty in this thread if you haven´t seen a real troll yet... www .abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread797351/pg12&addstar=1&on=13379708#pid13379708]Link

The biggest troll is the one who links to one of their own posts and sneakily hides the add star link to the post, so that whenever someone clicks the link, the said troll (and star whore) gets free stars from unsuspecting members.

(I've broken the link up for all to see)

Low dude, real low.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ha ha, I just learned a new trick.

Link to new trick.
edit on 18-2-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

So for that to work a troll would have to make 100 ATS accounts and "troll flag" someone 100 times lol sounds like too much trouble to me!

The trolls maybe would not bother with that, but the shills certainly would. Hell, they would probably have prepared scripts already to auto-create accounts and to auto spam the troll flag on certain people, since they get paid for it.

So for that reason there would need to be a further block against that, like a post counter: The user should need something like 500 posts or 500 stars at the least to even be able to use the Troll-Flag function.

Actually, i think that would do it, and i like the idea. 100 Troll flags from confirmed ATS veteran certainly should count for something, on the level of a single MOD, i would think. Bringing in abit of democracy in the process

I've heard this term before... "shills" What is a shill? And who is paying them?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I've heard this term before... "shills" What is a shill? And who is paying them?

The OP thinks I'm a shill. As to who is paying me, I wish I knew so I could collect all the money that is owed!

reply to post by boncho

Well what would you expect is this is the REAL illuminati?

The OWO of course would try to surround it with as much suspicious activity as possible, that hydropinics site and scam-reporters are probably just shills like yourself...

Source Post

Of course you will probably never admit to being a payed shill even if you are, despite admitting it in other threads like THIS one. If you where to be confronted about this(despite being a shill) your excuse would probably be something like "some people don´t understand irony" with some kind of smiley in an attempt to score points/stars from the gullible that think they saw "what you did there". But sometimes, the truth is hidden in plain view as well, which i am sure you know pretty well.

Source Post

Funny how the OP claims I am a shill, claims I am out looking for stars, after posting a link directly to star his own post in this thread.

Is that the definition of a troll?

edit on 18-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow i see the shills are on parade in this thread =)
And they all seem so mad... hmm... wonder why?

The biggest troll is the one who links to one of their own posts and sneakily hides the add star link to the post, so that whenever someone clicks the link, the said troll (and star whore) gets free stars from unsuspecting members. (I've broken the link up for all to see) Low dude, real low.

Guess you fell for my little ruse eh?

U mad bro?

This thread is about trolling after all, about time the trolls get trolled back.

And guess what? It is not even off-topic!

edit on 18-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Seems like you just fit things into your perspective and change it as needed so you can try and convey the appearance of coming out on top.

Critical thinkers on the forum feel differently about the way you would act. So you can call people trolls, shills and everything else under the sun, only a handful of people are going to buy into it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

U mad bro?

This thread is about trolling after all, about time the trolls get trolled back.

And in other words, you are nominating yourself for the "troll filter"?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Nice save.

But not really...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by NeoVain

U mad bro?

And in other words, you are nominating yourself for the "troll filter"?

Oh believe me, i would be happy to be on your troll filter, and on the troll filter of every other shill and troll, That way i would not even need it myself.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by NeoVain

Nice save.

But not really...

Still mad bro?

edit on 18-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Agreed.

There are a lot of people I'd like to not see posting again so if I could have an ignore list that lets you choose whether to click a link and read their post anyway, you can like on another forum I used to frequent years ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

in the short term, trolls create more activity, but in the long run they destroy the basis for the creation of deeper conversation and thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So basically you want to create a forum where the only things you see reflect your own ideas, and beliefs? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of an open discussion forum?

I have a better idea, how about you set up your own forum, and only allow members who share your thoughts...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We're all naked underneath our clothes.

STOP STARING AT ME!

THAT FURBY IS STARING AT ME!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join