It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa Takes Step Toward Holding Holder In Contempt Of Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.redstate.com...

Please read the following cut from the testimony of the Attorney General of the United States, Mr. Eric Holder:

Congressman: Do you believe the program was a mistake?

Holder: I think it was a good, it was a bad attempt at trying to deal with a very pernicious problem where guns are flowing from the United States to Mexico. It was, in its execution, in its conception, it was fundamentally flawed. But, I understand what they were trying to do, but it just did it extremely, extremely poorly.

Mr. Attorney General, Mr. Holder, how can you attempt to dissuade the truth and public opinion by saying, "what they were trying to do" when you Sir, you gave the approval for the 'law enforcement' authorities to perform this travesty of justice.

Congressman: If you had a chance to do it over again, would continue the program or would you have eliminated it before they proceeded?
Holder: I certainly would have modified the program. I mean, allowing guns to walk is a procedure that doesn’t work, it’s bad law enforcement. I think that is the heart of the problem with regard to Fast and Furious. On the other hand, coming up with ways to stop the flow of guns from the United States to Mexico, we need to be aggressive, we need to be creative, and we need to help our Mexican counterparts to the extent that we can.

“Bad law enforcement”, please don’t attempt Sir to press the blame for this debacle all down on ‘law enforcement’ as you Mr. AG approved this plan. You Mr. Holder should have seen this plan as a travesty of justice and nixed it from the start. You Mr. Holder are now responsible for ‘supplying illegal arms’ to the drug cartels to kill innocent people and pursue illegal drug activities. You Mr. Holder have the blood of uncounted innocent American and Mexican citizens on your hands Sir. You sir are responsible for the thousands of guns let illegally walked across into another nation.

You Sir, if you were a responsible man and a true American, you Sir would admit to your mistakes as a man should and resign from the government of the United States of America.

edit on 2-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Rearrange a paragraph

edit on 2-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: correct spelling

edit on 2-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Holder is stalling and he will continue to stall until after November. He, and this administration, will do WHAT EVER IS NECESSARY to get this pushed out as long and as far and as close to the November deadline, as they possibly can.

I'm sure Issa, and the others, know this. I just hope they stick to their guns (pun) and do WHAT EVER IS NECESSARY to make sure this gets handled BEFORE November.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

On the other hand, coming up with ways to stop the flow of guns from the United States to Mexico, we need to be aggressive

I can't believe this guy. So Holder is still trying to sell the idea that guns are still walking to Mexico, even after the justice department has been caught red handed. Rep. Darrell Issa must be really Po'ed after hearing that statement. it's very obvious by now that he is purposely delaying, I think Darrell Issa will make good on his promise and hold Eric in contempt. contempt of congress is 1 year in jail and a 5000 dollar fine, the congressional sergeant of arms will be the person to arrest holder. I'm sure Holder will be resigning at this point, because the contraception smoke screen is not working in the media.

edit on 3-3-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I had no idea Arizona started up an investigation, wow. Maybe that is the reason the commander and chief flew to Phoenix a few weeks ago. Is New Mexico and the other states where this operation(s) took place are they doing the same ?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Do you really think it can be pushed that far out? Rep Issa with the contempt of congress and the Arizona investigation all going on at the same time. Eric would really have to pull some rabbits out of his hat, then there might be even more whistle blowers who come forward with the AZ investigation. That is a lot of pressure to say the least.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Holder is stalling and he will continue to stall until after November. He, and this administration, will do WHAT EVER IS NECESSARY to get this pushed out as long and as far and as close to the November deadline, as they possibly can.

I'm sure Issa, and the others, know this. I just hope they stick to their guns (pun) and do WHAT EVER IS NECESSARY to make sure this gets handled BEFORE November.

What is the hold up getting a federal judge to hold Holder in contempt of congress?

The deadline was February 9, 2012. It's March 3, 2012.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Eric is really on the hot seat now for sure !!

He seems to be arrogantly ignoring a Congressional subpoena that expired last week

Is he willing to go to jail for Obama & Co, ?

On Tuesday Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House committee on Oversight and Government Reform, took a major step toward holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for his failure to provide subpoenaed documents and other information about Operation Fast and Furious.

In a Jan. 31 letter, Issa had threatened Holder with such a move if he failed to provide all the subpoenaed documents relating to the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal by Feb. 9. That deadline has come and gone, and Holder’s Department of Justice still hasn’t provided most of those documents. Issa’s subpoena dates back to Oct. 12, 2011.

On Tuesday in a seven-page letter, Issa revealed that Deputy Attorney General James Cole begged Congress to extend the Feb. 9 deadline. Issa wrote that the request was “ironic” and “ignores the reality that the Department has unreasonably delayed producing these documents to the Committee.”

“On its face, the requested extension demonstrates a lack of good faith,” Issa wrote to Holder. “With one exception, the Department has only produced documents responsive to the subpoena on the eve of congressional hearings in which senior Department officials testified. The Department appears to be more concerned with protecting its image through spin control than actually cooperating with Congress.”

'I (Eric Holder), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to
the same; that I take this obligation freely without any mental
reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully
discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So
help me God.'

What is this guy Hiding Anyway ??

Now what do I do ?

Xuenchen.... If I may add to your post... here is more information and an update: Even with President Obama, AG Holder and all the other minions working hard to hide this illegal debacle information is coming forward. After Boehner being exposed as stonewalling and attempting to cover up this illegal debacle, the investigation moves forward as there are many who will want to expose the truth. Everyday the investigation moves closer to exposing "the link to the President." It would defy logic that the President was not a part of a secret operation to slow the flow of weapons from the US into Mexico.

usopenborders.com...

And now something new has been added to the mix. On March 28th,Senator Grassley wrote Kathryn Ruemmler,Barack Obama’s chief Counsel,to inform her that Congressional committees investigating Fast and Furious wanted to question Kevin O’Reilly,a former National Security Adviser to the President.

usopenborders.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SourGrapes

What is the hold up getting a federal judge to hold Holder in contempt of congress?

The deadline was February 9, 2012. It's March 3, 2012.

Eurisko... today is April 7... why, how has this not been brought before a judge?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ahh so they sent O'Reilly to Iraq? Wouldn't it be interesting if he happened to die in some bombing over there? I have been wondering if this has been being stalled to put it into election news? They may be just stringing it out to have the maximum impact when it comes time for it to explode. Thanks for that link a few of my fellows who follow it haven't seen that one.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
HOW is it this administration allowed to send an important witness to the Fast and Furious debacle out of the country patently ignoring his link to the investigation.

One certainly could not believe this was not an obvious attempt to stonewall the congressional investigation?

Is he back now?

usopenborders.com...

Yet the White House still refuses to allow Kevin O’Reilly to be questioned by Congress. In fact,shortly after Newell admitted the ongoing correspondence,O’Reilly was shipped off to Iraq on “special assignment.”

Everyday the corruption of Fast and Furious stinks up the southwest United States.
Everyday by inaction this administration shows its obvious disregard for the loss of the life of an American law enforcement officer.
Everyday the thousands of weapons let walk illegally into Mexico kill more, wreck more havoc and support murder, mayhem and the drug trade. How many American and Mexican lives must be lost before the truth of this debacle is told.
Everyday President Obama and the AG attempt to distract from the truth with ICE raids, continued attacks on Arizona law enforcement officials and a disregard of the war and corruption spilling over into America.
WHY.... ask yourself WHY... did this administration hide facts and delay the arrests by ICE of more than 3,100 criminals in the US?
WHY, as this administration has acknowledge they knew these 'criminals were in the US and in fact had been for some time...
WHY were they not arrested sooner.
Any crimes these criminals commited while being left to roam free at will in the US by this administration lies directly on the President and AG Holders heads.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98

On the other hand, coming up with ways to stop the flow of guns from the United States to Mexico, we need to be aggressive

I can't believe this guy. So Holder is still trying to sell the idea that guns are still walking to Mexico, even after the justice department has been caught red handed. Rep. Darrell Issa must be really Po'ed after hearing that statement. it's very obvious by now that he is purposely delaying, I think Darrell Issa will make good on his promise and hold Eric in contempt. contempt of congress is 1 year in jail and a 5000 dollar fine, the congressional sergeant of arms will be the person to arrest holder. I'm sure Holder will be resigning at this point, because the contraception smoke screen is not working in the media.

SJE98... Holder has yet been charged and obviously will not resign.
This adminstration appears to be doing everything in its power, and to use the Presidents own words, "Under the Radar", and according to published information Boehner was caught red handed attempting to stonewall the Congressional investigation into Fast and Furious.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Ahh so they sent O'Reilly to Iraq? Wouldn't it be interesting if he happened to die in some bombing over there? I have been wondering if this has been being stalled to put it into election news? They may be just stringing it out to have the maximum impact when it comes time for it to explode. Thanks for that link a few of my fellows who follow it haven't seen that one.

You're welcome hangedman... please let all your friends know and lets spread the facts and keep this alive on the web.

If left alone, the administration will place all the blame on local law enforcement and his behind their smoke and mirrors.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
HOW is it this administration allowed to send an important witness to the Fast and Furious debacle out of the country patently ignoring his link to the investigation.

One certainly could not believe this was not an obvious attempt to stonewall the congressional investigation?

Is he back now?

usopenborders.com...

Yet the White House still refuses to allow Kevin O’Reilly to be questioned by Congress. In fact,shortly after Newell admitted the ongoing correspondence,O’Reilly was shipped off to Iraq on “special assignment.”

Everyday the corruption of Fast and Furious stinks up the southwest United States.
Everyday by inaction this administration shows its obvious disregard for the loss of the life of an American law enforcement officer.
Everyday the thousands of weapons let walk illegally into Mexico kill more, wreck more havoc and support murder, mayhem and the drug trade. How many American and Mexican lives must be lost before the truth of this debacle is told.
Everyday President Obama and the AG attempt to distract from the truth with ICE raids, continued attacks on Arizona law enforcement officials and a disregard of the war and corruption spilling over into America.
WHY.... ask yourself WHY... did this administration hide facts and delay the arrests by ICE of more than 3,100 criminals in the US?
WHY, as this administration has acknowledge they knew these 'criminals were in the US and in fact had been for some time...
WHY were they not arrested sooner.
Any crimes these criminals commited while being left to roam free at will in the US by this administration lies directly on the President and AG Holders heads.

I guess the White House doesn't want Bill O'Reilly interviewing Kevin O'Reilly on

Fox News !

Quick!!! Transfer Kevin O'Reilly to.........IRAQ!!!?

Poor Kevin. I can hear him now: I'm going where?!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I can hear him now Eurisko... wait, only the secret service are required to take a bullet for you...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I can hear him now Eurisko... wait, only the secret service are required to take a bullet for you...

They probably flipped a coin in the White House. -- Iraq or the South Pole --

They are just delaying the inevitable. Obamas time is short.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join