It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOI Request * Occupy Oakland * City Emails * Oct 12th - Nov 10th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well,

Over a month ago I filled out a FOI for all emails relating to Occupy Oakland. I just received the disk in the mail. I have zipped up the .PST and . PDF for you. I have been skimming through them pretty quickly, and just stumbled across this -

Here is the link to the zip - download zip with pst and pdf

i havent found a link to this video yet, but i thought i would share the find.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Vizzle because: nudity

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Wow... You filed for this yourself? Nice!! I can't wait to see what you got in your package there.

Perhaps you could take a moment to make a different thread for the rest of us on what it takes to FOIA something like this. The net has guides..but you actually did it. So, not intending to derail here..which is why I'd suggest a new thread just for that aspect?

Thanks for getting this. That is sure the right time period for some interesting things!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It was just a web form. I filled it out

here

thats all there is to it =)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

its actually quite interesting reading through them. you can see how some of the city officials did try to work with occupy, while others are pretty obvious with their disapproval for Occupy Oakland. Anyhow, back to reading =)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Thank you very much! I don't know why, but I always thought there was a lot more to it. Maybe even Lawyers...whatever..but I never imagined it'd be quite that easy. You may have created a monster as I explore my options with this new tool.

Hey, if by chance you're open to a request for something to watch for as you dig through the material? It was toward the end of November that the public side of Federal/Local coordination was starting to hit the news in a major way. I'd sure love to know anything that hints through Email at how that played within Oakland and their decision making process.

Thanks again for getting this and taking the moment to explain just how easy it was!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

The FOI has been scrubbed. Here are more emails.

Jean Quan Emails

These were released by San Jose Mercury news. See for yourself. These should have been included in the FOI request.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Vizzle because: nudity

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Forgive me on a technical point to that, but I'm reading across several on the link you said shows Emails not included in your FOIA. Well, I do notice the ones that come up first on the link have something in common. The majority I saw came from John Q Citizen, were unsolicited and were not replied to.

SO.. Did your FOIA request Emails between City people, to/from the general public or both? I'm wondering if they just got a wee bit creative about how they interpreted your request for how much..or little they returned. Those also have something else in common, from what I am seeing. They're all anti-Quan and some, rather viciously so. That would be the reasoning, I imagine, for creative interpretation...if that is what happened.

So I don't fall into a similar pitfall in following your lead with FOIA requests.....could a lack of specificity be the problem? I imagine anyone filing can get so specific that a 3yr old would understand the request....so is that necessary by the look of what you're finding?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nice work. Hopefully some good finds buried in there that need to be made very, very public.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Emails for City Administrator

S.J. Mercury News Release
edit on 17-2-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join