It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave me alone, Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am fed up with condemnation from Christians. I am tired of the guilt, the fear, the vindictiveness, and the relentless mental illness.

A continually increasing percentage of humanity does not want your religion, Christians. I've been telling you this for a long time, now; and I am praying that one day, it eventually gets through. If you think I am going to Hell, then the single most valuable service you can perform for me, is to simply withdraw and let it happen. Allow me to have SOME peace before it does, free of your vitriol. I have been condemned by you for at least 15 years, now. I want it to end.

I don't, at this point, even want to know the minority of you who are relatively mentally stable and otherwise decent human beings; because even that group are still condescending. You still think that you're better than everyone else; the cloying patronisation and condemnation to Hell is simply more subtle.

The one thing that I am tired of, which no matter how hard I try, I can NOT get out of my head, is the sense that every attempt I make to be happy, kind to other people, or otherwise positive, is in itself a revolutionary act AGAINST Christianity; and that no matter how positive I try to become mentally, there is still some Christian there, telling me not to fool myself. That no matter how mentally positive I try to become, and no matter how much I try and tell myself that I've escaped, that the world is still going to end in darkness and fire and blood, and that I am still going to Hell.

Another thing which is even worse, is how *wrong* you are, Christians. I honestly do not know of a single element of your belief system (and I am not talking at all about Jesus Christ here, who is the diametric opposite of virtually all of you; so do not insult him by mentioning him) that is not dysfunctional, and does not lead to anything other than conflict, discord, guilt, fear, and misery. That is what your entire religion is based on; pure pathology and dysfunction.

Go away. If you think the condition of the world and the rest of us is hopeless, do it somewhere where I do not have to listen to you. Some of us want to focus on improving things. Some of us want to focus on the idea that God is not a tyrant, that history is not something fixed, and that we do actually have some opportunity to improve our situation, if we work towards it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This seems more a rant then a conspericey in religion ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I could not agree more with the previous poster. What is the religious conspiracy here? Sounds more like a personal conflict.

I also wonder why it is only Christians that you feel look down their nose at you versus religion in general?

Whole story not being told here, maybe an atheist troll or other religion troll trying to knock down Christianity.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats
Whole story not being told here, maybe an atheist troll or other religion troll trying to knock down Christianity.

I'm not a troll. I'm someone who, as mentioned, has had to deal with abuse over a period of decades, not only from a Christian father, but from the individuals who inhabited the churches that I went to, to try and get said father off my back. A good friend of mine is also currently experiencing a divorce, because his wife converted to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

In short, I am genuinely sick of Christians, and I have abundant reason to be. I am sick of the eschatology, more than anything else. I have virtually never been able to live with any degree of optimism about the future, because I have constantly had one of them nearby, pouring their apocalyptic poison into my ears.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
wow dont take the whole damnation thing so seriously ......
All you have to do is brush it off some can be a little fanatical but thats any religion or even those without
and if this happens all the time maybe you should stay away from the christian crowd lol thier bringing you down

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
wow dont take the whole damnation thing so seriously ......
All you have to do is brush it off

Are you kidding me?
People are told from the minute they are born that they are going to be tortured for eternity if they dont believe in the bible and you think that is easy to brush off?
Let me tell you only the very lucky are smart enough to be able to do that.
If from birth we told every child that the earth is flat a majority of them would believe it their whole lives too.

Your comment is pure ignorance!
Dont take is seriously? What the hell

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Petrus,

I am a Christian and I wholeheartedly accept you for who you are...

I hope you are ok with that, I do not wish bad on any person at all, ever.

I hope you read this and and accept me as well.

edit below

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Are you kidding me?
People are told from the minute they are born that they are going to be tortured for eternity if they dont believe in the bible and you think that is easy to brush off?
Let me tell you only the very lucky are smart enough to be able to do that.
If from birth we told every child that the earth is flat a majority of them would believe it their whole lives too.

Your comment is pure ignorance!
Dont take is seriously? What the hell

I've never been told that, not once...but if i was, it would be very easy as a Christian to forgive that person fr making such a statement, just as I hold no ill will toward you.
edit on 15-2-2012 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Petrus,

I am a Christian and I wholeheartedly accept you for who you are...

I hope you are ok with that, I do not wish bad on any person at all, ever.

I hope you read this and and accept me as well.

I accept you, youdidntseemee.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow... Now it's a very scary world if one hates Christians so much. After all, Christianity accounts for a full 33% of the world's population on religious denomination.
It's over 2 billion last I checked...and I checked the stats last night for an entirely different thread I replied on.

Aside from a couple who have sure been tagged hard for it....I haven't really seen Christians picking fights anyway. I HAVE seen more threads started with the express purpose of bashing Christians of all flavors than I can count off hand, but again...with a few exceptions...I just haven't seen the same from the religious folk.

Oh well....I don't have a fundamental problem with people of ANY religious Faith (yeah..including Islam) anyway, so you're likely keying on things some of us are entirely missing.

Quick note...I just saw the follow-up message you posted a bit further down talking about how you get as much off-line as on-line in this area. That helps to understand where the emotion comes from.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Do you believe in christianity at all. Because you say it is not easy to brush off, but if you don't believe in it than what is the problem. You have a choice what to believe in, also if you do believe in it than why so much hate? Are you mad because they put you threw the church process since you were a child? do you think that is not right? I am just curious what your point here is.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I've never been told that, not once...but if i was, it would be very easy as a Christian to forgive that person fr making such a statement, just as I hold no ill will toward you.
That is how Christianity has become such a powerful thing, generational dependency. Parents who were forced to believe in it told their kids to believe in it and so on until it seems like a normal thing that people accept as reality and therefore tend not to question it.
The OP has demonstrated huge amounts of intelligence by questioning what he has been told to be reality.
See: Allegory of the Cave

I can forgive the individual for making such a statement but not the society as a whole.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2012 by leawyoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

I am very familiar with Plato's work, one of the best allegories every penned...

As to the generational comment, neither of my parents have any religious beliefs, I was raised neither Christian nor Atheist nor (insert denomination or lack thereof here).

I have come to these beliefs on my own, after years of philosophical and personal searching.

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Leave me alone, non-Christians.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Wow... Now it's a very scary world if one hates Christians so much. After all, Christianity accounts for a full 33% of the world's population on religious denomination.

I don't hate them, in the sense that I do not have any desire to attack them myself, as long as they leave me alone.

That was my point, and that was the message. Leave me alone. I do not want to be attacked any more. I do not want to be condemned any more. I do not want evangelism. I do not want apocalypticism. I am tired of feeling guilty because I have a different belief system now; one which, aside from their condemnation of me, actually generates a lot more peace for me than being involved with them ever did.

I do not want to be vindictive or unkind, although I acknowledge that my first two posts in this thread may have sounded like that. I simply want them to leave me alone, if they cannot stop attacking me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I agree with the OP.

I believe in jeebers, reckon he must've been an awesome guy, kinda guy that would feel great pity for most christians out there, the American ones in particular.

American Christians are monkey-apendage crazy, IMO. absolutely fruity-nut bars.

For starters, they worship a false idol ie: big statue of some white guy nailed to a cross shaped bit of wood (this is strange as Jesus was most assuredly not white, unless he was the only white guy round those parts back then and the bit of wood they nailed him too would have been a simple pole, not a cross, just like every other crucifiction in those days)

They seem to follow very few of his teachings in their own lives and they seem to take a pretty casual approach to most of the commandments/jeebers teachings and stuff, ie: thou shall not kill, and the stuff about not coveting their neighbours stuff in particular.

The list goes on.....

Yeah they are almost as bad as Scientology, And Hard-line, radical, jews and muslims, who all seem to think they are special somehow and that everyone else is doomed regardless of what they do and who they are as people... gotta feel sorry for tribesmen in jungles, they never had a chance

Yes OP, i totally agree with your sentiments and am thankful that i only need to hear it on the net and not in real life as i choose not to associate with christians if i can help it, they only ever want to do harm and degrade people.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I'm not a troll. I'm someone who, as mentioned, has had to deal with abuse over a period of decades, not only from a Christian father, but from the individuals who inhabited the churches that I went to, to try and get said father off my back. A good friend of mine is also currently experiencing a divorce, because his wife converted to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

In short, I am genuinely sick of Christians, and I have abundant reason to be. I am sick of the eschatology, more than anything else. I have virtually never been able to live with any degree of optimism about the future, because I have constantly had one of them nearby, pouring their apocalyptic poison into my ears.

Sorry to imply you were a troll.

As I stated above the whole story has not been told. I would strongly recommend counseling. I think your father may have done a little damage. I am not a strong believer and I find it very easy to find neutral ground everywhere. Trust me not everyone is a religious zealot. There are people that love to sit and have a beer, toss out a few inappropriate jokes and just have a good time without worrying about a place called hell.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by petrus4

I agree with the OP.

I believe in jeebers, reckon he must've been an awesome guy, kinda guy that would feel great pity for most christians out there, the American ones in particular.

American Christians are monkey-apendage crazy, IMO. absolutely fruity-nut bars.

For starters, they worship a false idol ie: big statue of some white guy nailed to a cross shaped bit of wood (this is strange as Jesus was most assuredly not white, unless he was the only white guy round those parts back then and the bit of wood they nailed him too would have been a simple pole, not a cross, just like every other crucifiction in those days)

They seem to follow very few of his teachings in their own lives and they seem to take a pretty casual approach to most of the commandments/jeebers teachings and stuff, ie: thou shall not kill, and the stuff about not coveting their neighbours stuff in particular.

The list goes on.....

Yeah they are almost as bad as Scientology, And Hard-line, radical, jews and muslims, who all seem to think they are special somehow and that everyone else is doomed regardless of what they do and who they are as people... gotta feel sorry for tribesmen in jungles, they never had a chance

Yes OP, i totally agree with your sentiments and am thankful that i only need to hear it on the net and not in real life as i choose not to associate with christians if i can help it, they only ever want to do harm and degrade people.

Okay so you don't believe, what is the religious conspiracy? No one makes you go to church, read the bible or even associate with the millions that do, so what is your point and why do you care what they believe in, spend their time and money on? Sounds to me like deep down you are worried they might be right otherwise you would not give a hill a beans what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sorry to imply you were a troll.

That is all right. We get a lot of them around here, I know. It can be very hard to tell, sometimes.

I think counselling could be a good idea. I've had a lot of that for other things, but not so much for the Christian issue.

Someone else expressed admiration for Jesus Christ. I do believe he existed, and admire him as well. I think a big part of the problem is the degree of difference that exists between what Jesus talked about, and what a lot of (although not all) Christians seem to think.
edit on 15-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

Sharpenmycleats:

Maybe you mis-read my reply up there ^^

I never said i don't believe, all i said was that many of the christians i encounter are full of excrement and that i would hazzard a guess that ol J.C would not approve of the current direction of most of them.

The christians i like are the ones that i don't know are christian until i choose to ask them about it.

And if you think Jesus would be offended by monikers like 'jeebers' and 'J.C' then i think you'd be sadly mistaken... he was the sorta guy that would have had a good sense of humour, unlike you apparently.

Be Christian, whatever! not my business, just like my beliefs are not yours.

But for the record i hold to beliefs and tennants from many different religions but seeing as i don't think any of them are 100% accurate i choose to not label myself as anything and instead choose to live by the mutal and similar guidelines that are found throughout most (if not all) religions.

Try actually reading a comment or reply before you get up there on your podium and start gettin all angry.

Seriously, nobody has basic comprehension skills anymore..
edit on 15-2-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join