It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 suspects in $2.6b fraud case could face death penalty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

5 suspects in $2.6b fraud case could face death penalty

www.tehrantimes.com

TEHRAN – Five suspects in the $2.6 billion financial fraud case have been charged with being a ‘corrupt person on the earth,’ Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani announced on Wednesday. 

According to the law, anyone convicted of being a ‘corrupt person on the earth’ must receive the death sentence. 

The first court session in the trial of the defendants will be held on February 18.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I know this coruption case in Iran has been there big story for the last year , or there abouts . But one can't help but admire how they may deal with this type of fraud .

Makes you wonder , how might the corporate world be here in the west if fraud at certain levels warranted the death penalty ?

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wonder how much government leaders in Iran have stashed away in off shore accounts.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
At least they got their criminals in court...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Wonder how much government leaders in Iran have stashed away in off shore accounts.

What ever they may have , I am sure they are small potatoes when compared to there western counterparts

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Lol ya , didn't we just pay ours to go away?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
if they had the death penalty in america for being a corrupt person on earth, the senate, whitehouse, wall street and 95% of the 1%er's would cease to exist.

it would be a major leap forward in american justice if they just had community service as a penalty.

edit on 15-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If that was how fraud and corporate corruption would be handled it would be ...... FAIR for once. That would be a great change for this country !

Wait then we wouldn't have a government because everyone in government would be on the death penalty.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
They have nothing to contribute to their community or society except greed. Theft of that magnitude should be considered treason, and a crime against their fellow countryen. I think america can learn a thing or two from others, instead we will probably just invade their country and destroy It
like we do to everything else.
edit on 15-2-2012 by sicksonezer0 beca ise: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wait a minute everyone! I'm confused!

I thought the law for billionaire bankers was your choice of:

- pay a fee, admit no guilt, and then go your merry way, or

- don't pay a fee, admit no guilt, and attend a day-care spa for a few months.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if they had the death penalty in america for being a corrupt person on earth, the senate, whitehouse, wall street and 95% of the 1%er's would cease to exist.

But here's the thing....'the people' voted these people in office. I don't see them marching to Washington, with pitchforks and torches; like an angry mob. They just say: oh, these darn politicians. Y'all better start doing something, instead of complaining and making excuses for their iniquities. The rope is getting shorter and shorter! Oh wait, i get it....y'all waiting for JESUS to return...and make things all better, right?
What if JESUS is waiting for you to do something 1st. So, i guess we have a stalemate!

I'm glad we don't live back in the days of Moses. Otherwise, there would be piles of bloody rocks everywhere...is all i know!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Makes you wonder , how might the corporate world be here in the west if fraud at certain levels warranted the death penalty ?

Well...:
It obviously hasn't been a deterrent there. Why do you think it might be a deterrent here in the West?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Actually , they had only 5 people compared to our how many ?

Perhaps the deterrent does work ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For once I agree with Iran.

Financial crimes effect many many people per crime.

Think of how many went broke, lost homes, suicides, etc.

Hell yes they should be held accountable.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why don't we have the same charge in the states?

"How long will you judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked?"

Surely there will be a day of reckoning for such persons.

Good Job Iran

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wonder if any of the western MSM outlets covers this story ? For some reason I highly doubt it .

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

No... That means they only have five on trial at this time.

We have capitol punishment in the United States for murder, yet people are murdered every day.

Criminals tend to not care about penalties until they are caught.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

But you must admit , it is one hell of a way to make a point for such a crime ?

And when we take the mindset of such a blue chip criminal it's not entirely fair to equate there mindset to that of the average murderer . Such a deterrence may just work on these high leve fraud cases and if it doesn't , should we even caire ? Many would see it as justice served
edit on 15-2-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ya know I saw a Justice Leauge episode once where they fixed their "lawyer problem" by making the lawyer perish with his client if they lost. I feel theiving from the public in such a grandieur form warrants death for you to steal from so many for so much for that long and especially if your in a position of power it should be taken WAY more serious then it is for whose to say just how many lives you destroyed and I can't wait till the Elites get found guilty for being "Corrupt people on Earth", bcause we'll finally be free (p.s. should also be the name to their next documentary)...
edit on 15-2-2012 by agentofchaos because: ya know forgot stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

But you must admit , it is one hell of a way to make a point for such a crime ?

And when we take the mindset of such a blue chip criminal it's not entirely fair to equate there mindset to that of the average murderer . Such a deterrence may just work on these high leve fraud cases and if it doesn't , should we even caire ? Many would see it as justice served
edit on 15-2-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

If they are truly guilty of the crimes they committed, the 5 on trial apparently didn't get that "point" until they were caught. That punishment isn't new for such crimes in Iran.

See ya,
Milt.

new topics

top topics

join