It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I like the guy in the audience who is sleeping.

Iran - we all Muslims, we should all stand together with us leading the way.

Turkey - we want to recreate the Ottoman empire with us leading the way.

Azerbaijan - ha ha. We are the only ones making money by being vaguely cooperative. Phtt.

Lots of talk of cooperation, and a barely hidden dislike between the parties on the stage.

I've been meaning to look where the resources of fresh water are in this area, and the Iranian mentioned it was Krygyzstan I think. I wonder if looking to secure that would put them into conflict with China.

The whole region needs water and food stability, and none of them are serious about what might be their most important challenge to stability.

Israel and Libya seem to the only ones in the whole arid region that do take it seriously.

Lots of population, few places for water or food production and apparently little interest in securing it. Interesting priorities that the elite in these nations have.
edit on 2012/2/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

We're out of Iraq.
Gone! Outta the pool!

And we're not going into Iran. I just don't see it. If we were, we'd have jumped in 2009 when we had all our troops just across the border.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
A decade of war, thousands of lives lost, more permanently injured, so we could mine in fracking Afghanistan?

Yeah, I'm sure the moon landing was staged to we could mine in Afghanistan as well!*

Mining on the Moon might be slightly less challenging than mining in Afghanistan. Getting to Mars and mining on Mars might be slightly less difficult than creating prosperity and security in Afghanistan.

I have decided that that this is my new measurement standard for political-intractability. I base it on the PATEOTS (Period At The End Of This Sentence) measurement system, or the HMDH (How Many Daddies High) system of measurement.

This is the ETGTM (Easier To Get To Mars) measurement system of political-intractability and insecurity.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay and who are we calling the terrorist everyday?

More proof of who the REAL Terrorists (UN/US) are IMO...

But what do I know...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

For once we agree!

Flag and Star for your post, good information there.............

This has ALWAYS been my assumption, that everyone in the world is so focused on this region

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Nope, We are there for the Opium. The drug dealers want it and the drug companies want it. Our troops are guarding it for god sakes.

We did not take Iraqi oil and we wont steal A-stan's minerals either. These nations need it to support the puppets we put in power while international corporations get the supplies they need.

We also did not know A-stan had all these riches until we took over most of the country. A-stan's government is also on every expedition to find these resources as well.

They sure did know that Opium could be grown there in massive amounts!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

All I can say is I'm speechless and.....

YOU DESERVE AN APPLAUSE FOR THIS THREAD

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
This isn't new information and it shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.

Natural resources have always been an important reason to go to war. Doubtful that it's the only reason for the war in Afghanistan - I don't doubt the overthrowing the Taliban in the wake of 9/11 was America's primary reason for the invasion.. They came for the Talibs but stayed for the resources.

It's about time we get some of them out of the ground then, eh?

Oh... I didnt realize the Taliban were behind 9/11.
I must of missed that.
Do you have some info on that?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

China has already gotten the rights to the minerals.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
That's great news for Afghanistan .. since they own it and all ..

But I'm sure America will get some lucrative contracts out of the deal

They may own it but who owns there country. A central bank was installed whilst the war was going on. Own the money and you own the country...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Well then no problem. China will bring in their own workers, and all the profits will be exported. Perfect solution.

www.god-does-not-play-dice.net...

Let the Bribery Begin!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey Professional...
I would say you have submitted a proposition which holds high probabilty of fact if you were to discuss the politically powerful and wealthy elite of the world, e.g. , those who attend the Bohemian Grove in California and those who attend the Bilderburg meetings.
I recall a recent acquistion by the Bush family, I believe in Ecuador?
As I recall, the Bush family purchased more than 100k square miles of land with the worlds second largest pure water acquifier under it. I'm feel confident the Bush family did not do this to fill their water bottles of for the good of mankind. h.
So, if one were inclined to believe the wealthy 1% of the world actually can control the actions of countries and their military, then attempt to pursue additional personal wealth thru violent acquisition, your suggestion would assume the credibility supported by their intent and actions.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry bout this but thread was already created and the prediction made on 19th october 2010

The thread is here Link

Dont expect your thread lasting long though
take a look at the opening post on the thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Well then no problem. China will bring in their own workers, and all the profits will be exported. Perfect solution.

Yep

China have secured both copper & oil deals from the Afghan government and will get 70% of the profits,

edit on 16-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My god... You mean we're not just there to kill civilians and put a mcdonalds over there graves?
Well this is certainly a turn of events!

Sarcasm aside keep up the good work although its not shocking new news it helps put things in better perspective for those who may not have known.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The advantage China has - they really don't give a rat's rear end about anyone who isn't Chinese, and are totally comfortable with that. They don't and don't have to live up to any standard, and enactment of non-reciprocal imperialism is just accepted as part of their charm.

So.....I assume that the lack of interest in good water supplies in these arid regions is now going to get worse? As fresh water supplies are bribed to be used for industrialization instead of human use?

www.scienceandworldaffairs.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
All you've got to do here is follow the money. For some, war is a small price to pay for controlling the world's resources.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Sorry bout this but thread was already created and the prediction made on 19th october 2010

The thread is here Link

Dont expect your thread lasting long though
take a look at the opening post on the thread.

Shouldn't you be explaining your last thread before going back in time and trying to get people to read your other rubbish ? You seem to have gone invisible on the last outlandish thread you made and people are waiting for answers.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

And which one may that be kind sir?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I am going to be honest I am very young and naive, but when I read things like this of this significance..it makes me wonder if these are the reasons we are at war. They tell us 'No its the Terrorist' blah blah 'We are at war to protect you' nonsense but I do believe and feel sometimes we are at war for these personal gains..not our the people's benefits, but for the elites own purposes whatever they are.. I just feels these things are way more than enough reason for these men to show their muscles... I am very young and naive though, still learning, just observing..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join