It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Awesome find OP, makes sense why we have been there so long now. Just makes you wonder if they are going to be depleting these resources before they withdraw from the country. Seem's everything is motivated by the dollar in the world now, even the price of life has no comparison.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Absolutely, even though a lot of people knew thus I wanted to make it into a concise link that can share knowledge Andre truth, glad you enjoyed

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Absolutely, even though a lot of people knew thus I wanted to make it into a concise link that can share knowledge Andre truth, glad you enjoyed

Given how rich in resources Afghanistan is, it makes one wonder what the Taliban did to exploit them for the benefit of the Afghan people while they were in charge.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Given how rich in resources Afghanistan is, it makes one wonder what the Taliban did to exploit them for the benefit of the Afghan people while they were in charge.

I'm pretty sure the Taliban aren't aware of the majority of resources the OP mentioned, no doubt the Taliban would of been in control or at least partly in the opium trade but as for the other resources they didn't have the funding or the technology required to source it. I guarantee the Russians had a hunch about the minerals though.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What are the chances that this natural wealth with actually benefit Afghanistan?

I do not doubt that the building of infrastructure to harvest said resources will bring an economic boom to the nation, but will it become the next trillonaire on the block? My guess would be no.

Thinking of this situations makes me think of a old image i observed when i was younger and first learning about oil extraction. I do not want to be bothered finding the image so i will do my best to describe it.

The image was of two separate properties of land, one with a home and a family and the other with a oil well on it. The oil well was on an angle and extending a pipe under the ground from its property to reach the oil deposit under the property of the family.

See where i am going with this? Instead of a smiling family, input Afghanistan, and instead of oil well input Western Countries....

edit on 16-2-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yet another example of how the United States rapes & pillages a country........All in the name of Freedom & Democracy. The Russians knew about this years & years ago. It's just Americas turn at raping Afghanistan of their natural resources....

Russia simply tried to kill them all & take it. Fail. America on the other hand comes to "save" them from the bad ole Taliban. So we kill them, Pay them. Kill'em some more, pay them some more. When will it all end? Or will it.

Look at all that oil sitting under Iran.. I can hear them at the Pentagon now asking, " How did all OUR oil get under their sand? OUR Government has given it's citizens a bad reputation the world over.. It's not us, it's the Government MIC in complete control.
edit on 16-2-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Nah the reason we are there is too bring democracy to the Afghan people and hunt down bin laden.

ha ha ha!!!!, you're now my favorite stand up comedian!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Have fun getting those minerals out of Helmand province. Blood is cheap but not that cheap.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Have fun getting those minerals out of Helmand province. Blood is cheap but not that cheap.

The resources on the maps in Helmand province are situated right around Camp Bastion which is the main British base in the province and the US marines have flooded the north of the province with over 1000 troops, it's not going to be a problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

As an ethnic Afghan, I can tell you all this is one of the main reasons why they are in Afghanistan. Another reason is so they can watch the Russians, the Iranians, and the Pakistanis. Afghanistan is probably one of the most strategic locations for America.

Geostrategy. That's the one word missing from this thread. Sure, there's natural resources. But such large-scale decisions are only made when several powerful interests converge. Name any country we've invaded and you should be able to list at least four major incentives for US invasion, not including cover stories. Iraq? 1) Taking their oil, 2) protecting opec, 3) pitting islamic mid-east against christian west, 4) destroying cradle of civilization, 5) eugenics, 6) corporate business contracts.

And I'm sure there are more. Point is, if you're focused on just one element, then you're probably missing the big picture.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Yeah like finding Osama Bin Laden and bringing democracy to the Afghan people.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Good post OP. Shame the US has SO MUCH info about this though.

I'd like to know, why the hell is the US looking at other country's resources. It's like a dog sniffing another dog's a$$ while they can sniff and lick their own.

Why would you look at your neighbor's back yard if not to see what they have? is it because

m) you are interested and want to praise their good taste or keep quiet about their lack taste.
t) you don't really give a damn what your neighbor has but you're a snoop and cant help yourself
4) you are interested and want to buy/ get the same or better than they have
P) you don't give a damn but you feel that your neighbor can't have what you can't have and so you're going to be the neighborhood cop and tell them they can't have what they have because you said so.
iv) you are interested and you'll be back under the cover of night to take what isn't yours
54) You like your neighbor and want to say hello if they are there.

I say, "stay the F___ out of people's back yard and go mow your own damn lawn"
edit on 16-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Thanks for brining this topic back up.
I've read about the find years ago.
I thought at the time, It was just
a Fringe Benefit F&S

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

I say, "stay the F___ out of people's back yard and go mow your own damn lawn"
edit on 16-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

Why mess up your own backyard, when you can do it to someone elses?

If I decide to search for gold, why would I start digging up my own yard to do it, when I can claim I want to make your lawn look better by digging in it? And if I happen to find gold all the better!

Strip mining is not exactly the most eye friendly site in your local neighbourhood.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

It's multi-level, most wars are. To many reasons for us to be there and non of them are good, well maybe the opium.
(second line b@!$%tche's).

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If Afghanistan is so nutrient/resource/gold rich and we have been there for 10 years, how come our economy is in the dumpster?

Where are all those resources we have been mining?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Good to see others are becoming aware of the REAL situation.

Afghanistan is just the most obvious. Once one looks a little deeper into the greater region's potential wealth then it becomes obvious The New Great Game is being played out right in front of our eyes. It was never just about Oil pipelines or Poppy as many here at ATS would have you believe.

While many have been focused on Libyan oil, Syria's unrest and the Iranian question.

The "Stans" have been in play.

The Great Game Revisited - 2009

Stay tuned.

edit on 16-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
If Afghanistan is so nutrient/resource/gold rich and we have been there for 10 years, how come our economy is in the dumpster?

Where are all those resources we have been mining?

Part of the resources wealth will have to be used to keep the war effort steam rolling but my best bet would be in secret military or technological developments. NASA's budget has been knocked on the head so it will be going to some other form of advancement, they certainly haven't paid off the debt they owe to China.
edit on 16-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
they certainly haven't paid off the debt they owe to China.

That debt is in the form of long term 30 year notes.
No big hurry to pay em back anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I do believe we are in the early stages of mining some. I'll look for the story. Their having labor issues as well.
Mostly Asian's. Imported ,To basically slave. It's what they used for the Embassy in Iraq. It was a big issue housing, feeding, protecting, understanding, So many, different Languages between the workers... I am sure they have it under control.

As far as our Economy. Well, it's fu**ed!! We, our country men. You and I. wont reap anytime soon, If ever. The benefits of the effort of our Brother's and Sisters. Loosing their lives, daily. For a small few of Banksters and Top-shelf shot callers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join