It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+101 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, who are they capturing? I believe I have the answer. This has probably been posted many times, but I want to really emphasize the extent of this situation:

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

Over a trillion dollar worth of natural minerals especially lithium. Some sources say that this is up to three trillion dollars of natural resources:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Every piece of electronic equipment requires lithium-ion batteries, not to mention a host of other uses:

en.wikipedia.org...

This is one of many resources that the US government has mapped out in Afghanistan:

1.bp.blogspot.com...
snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com...

pubs.usgs.gov...

www.defence.pk...

chrisvonada.com...

management.fortune.cnn.com...

The Anyak Copper Deposit:

Gemstones of Afghanistan:

Gold:

Rare Metals:

Hajigak Iron Deposit:

Marbles:

I was speaking to a family friend of mine and they said that when he was in the Pakistani army in the middle east, he told me that the British had mapped out all these mineral and oil deposits and when he asked the question, his superior said that they were not supposed to talk about it. Taliban my ass.

Sources of Images:
www.uvm.edu...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.mapcruzin.com...

edit on 092929p://2America/ChicagoWed, 15 Feb 2012 21:05:30 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That's great news for Afghanistan .. since they own it and all ..

But I'm sure America will get some lucrative contracts out of the deal

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
S & F

CIA installed HEROINE plantations decades ago,

now we're BACK in Afghanistan also for those mineral resources...

Truth be told, Afghanistan's resources make it the richest mining region on earth.

www.independent.co.uk...

Thats why USA dropped 200s of TONS of Depleted Uranium on the Afghani people, to make sure their next of kin don't retake these resources...

US is destroying Afghanistan's gene pool water and food chain with depleted uranium

"Depleted uranium is radioactive and extremely destructive to humans - with a half-life of 4.5 billion years. In other words, it takes 4.5 billion years for one kilogram of depleted uranium to reduce to a half a kilogram - the US has forever contaminated the Middle East.
The United States' use of radioactive munitions in Afghanistan has destroyed the people's health and mutilated the genetic future of the country"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But I also remember reading that China and India are the two who are mining there the most, with the US and allies "apparently" hardly mining at all. Could be media propaganda though?
Also anyone notice how the vast amount of minerals are located in the northern part of the country? This is where the war is kept relatively quiet (maybe because there mining?)
And the southern part is the war ravaged area (maybe its a distraction?)
Good post though, I S@F.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nah the reason we are there is too bring democracy to the Afghan people and hunt down bin laden.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No no no. I used to argue this with one of my buddies when he said that Afghanistan didn't have a lot of oil, I showed him a Popular Science magazine about all the rare metals in Afghanistan and he said no. So there you go. No means no.

Oh, and for the people that believe that the US had a positive impact in Afghanistan...here you go.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Nah the reason we are there is too bring democracy to the Afghan people and hunt down bin laden.

That was funny!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Whaaaaat??? It's not about liberating the Afghani's? It's about resources? I'm shocked.

Good thread and good research though.
edit on 15-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Some of my most precious crystals are from this area, it's very rich with them.

I also was concerned about the depleted uranium use there, as in Iraq (which has tons of treasures from buried Babylon there that are being sold on the black market).

I still feel wars are 100% about profiteering, either from the sales of arms, rebuilding.. or stealing resources or national treasures.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ah yes, this.

I remember reading an article awhile back talking about this exact thing, except you have cool pictures and better idea of it.

s&f

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
More info here-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, we won't be walking away from those billions trillions in resources anytime soon.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This isn't new information and it shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.

Natural resources have always been an important reason to go to war. Doubtful that it's the only reason for the war in Afghanistan - I don't doubt the overthrowing the Taliban in the wake of 9/11 was America's primary reason for the invasion.. They came for the Talibs but stayed for the resources.

It's about time we get some of them out of the ground then, eh?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yep yer right, this info was posted a long time ago, and it should be viral...hardly anyone even knows about the pipeline!
Good idea to refresh our memories so when they tell us the boys are staying well know why......

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yup, this isn't new. Did you know that Afghan has the potential to grow the best vineyards in the world? ... Unfortunately this also means that it has the potential to grow the best opium in the world & before this current conflict, 60% of the world's supply of coc aine was sourced from Afghan..,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
2 year old news at this point but true

They already knew massive natural resources were there

The other is a oil pipeline with unocal fell thru with taliban in 1997

4 years later 9-11 and blamed on taliban

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Good compilation, albeit of information already known.

The American "discovery" of these mineral deposits broke into the news at around the same time that US allies in Afghanistan were packing up to go back home. My country (Canada) already had a big political deal years earlier about extending our pull out deadline even to 2010. But then this Afghan mineral story showed up and suddenly there was support to keep Canadian forces within Afghanistan even until now.

Turns out that these mineral deposits were actually discovered by the Soviets back in the 80s. The Americans, of course, knew this. When allies were about to leave, the US produced this information publically and of course, countries who kept troops in Afghanistan got to have their stake at contracting rights.

Oh, and it should also be noted that China basically owns most of Afghan copper industry. Western forces obviously wouldn't want the rest of Afghanistan's mineral deposits falling into Chinese hands (since China owns 90%+ of the earth's supply of rare earth minerals), probably explaining why they are still fighting the "war on terror" in such a hopeless place.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

★ & F

ATS needs more threads like this one.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't know, they already found a ton of wealth in the war- US tax dollars. Doesn't the war cost something like 4 billions dollars a day? Corporations are getting most of that money.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
and now begins the resource rape.

I wonder how much of that wealth to be generated will be spent on the Afghan people. They could rebuild their country and become a stable nation again. When you have nice things and security you tend to tell the people selling suicide bomber position to piss off. Kind of like the way rich people avoided the draft in Nam. People would be too busy building themselves up economically and academically to bother with people who don't like dancing and miniskirts. The guys trying to get you to strap bombs on yourself all of a sudden seem more like door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen.

Too bad it will go to foreign companies and not even the people making the sacrifices there conquering the country get to partake in the spoils of their conquest.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Gee ,here I thought it was the opium.I guess they're going for the full Monte

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join