It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Opens Civilian American Skies to UAVs, Starting In Just 90 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Does Russia sell there mobile missiles to American Civilians?? This is not good.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Does Russia sell there mobile missiles to American Civilians?? This is not good.

Yes

Russian portable Club K Missile System

This video is a follow up to a discussion that I posted yesterday about the new Russian portable Club K Missile System that is now for sale to any that possess the cash and capital to buy it.

Text

wearewinningourgreatcountryback.ning.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
They would be wise to not fly them around down here in the south, at low altitudes anyways.

I know too many 'good ol' boy' Red Necks that will see them as "Good target practice!"

hehehehe

Indeed...I know of a few rural fire departments in South Carolina who always carried shotguns in their fire trucks...so they didn't have to wait too long for the power company to come shut off the power to a house on fire. They'd just shoot the lines down with the shotgun.

Yes...I am completely serious.

A nice white UAV making a low pass over parts of the South could well be misconstrued as anything from a white tailed deer....to Bigfoot. But if it's in range...they often don't try too hard to get a positive ID before firing!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Not even the most out of touch people should fire at a US aircraft, over US soil, unless they aren't American, and really want to pay for the damage done. Don't shoot your own countries planes. Having these up prevents others from doing harm to US citizens, they are there to protect and serve not intrude upon your privacy.
Hopefully the US government can be responsible in the data dissemination process. You know google can read your network. I would imagine these do the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
quick Martha, move the crops inside while I run down to City Hall and get a Hydroponic Veggies & Flowers business license

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by eriktheawful
They would be wise to not fly them around down here in the south, at low altitudes anyways.

I know too many 'good ol' boy' Red Necks that will see them as "Good target practice!"

hehehehe

Indeed...I know of a few rural fire departments in South Carolina who always carried shotguns in their fire trucks...so they didn't have to wait too long for the power company to come shut off the power to a house on fire. They'd just shoot the lines down with the shotgun.

Yes...I am completely serious.

A nice white UAV making a low pass over parts of the South could well be misconstrued as anything from a white tailed deer....to Bigfoot. But if it's in range...they often don't try too hard to get a positive ID before firing!!

Ever see Rocket City Rednecks? Them Boys made a rocket one time
....all I'm sayin

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

On a tech note , they need to equip these with stereo cameras and a 3d game view in the cockpit. 3d and if you move your eyes the cameras move. 2d is a bad way to fly, kinda like a one eyed pilot.A little motion sensing with feed back would be nice. I have a better view on a PS3 with 3d and sensing than they do flying a plane.
All we need is a crash and it'll become a huge disapointment maybe they should add parachutes or a high pressure helium bottle to fill a bag.If they used ceramic aerosol to make the hull they would be lighter. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Rebel Command is watching keenly. it isn't difficult to imagine what these could be used for.

a simple example.

the enemy has never been closer. he is you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

they are there to protect and serve not intrude upon your privacy.

That's BS- and I'm not an anti-government nut.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
hehehehe

Shotguns?
Yoo Good ol' boys need to upgrade... out here in Nevada we do it right

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines
Hopefully the US government can be responsible ....

timmhaines----->

edit on 16-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here are a few more articles that may be of interest

It's not enough for the US military to be able to monitor you from afar. The US Army wants its drones to know you through and through, reports Danger Room, and it is imbuing them with the ability to recognise you in a crowd and even to know what you are thinking and feeling.
Like a best friend that at any moment might vaporise you with a hellfire missile.

drones-that-can-recognise-your-f ace

Most US citizens are aware that US Customs and Border Protection owns and operates a handful of aerial drones along the nation's northern and southern borders (eight Predators to be exact), but when Congress authorised the use of drones along the borders in 2005 it was thought that they would be used strictly to curb illegal immigration and to detect smuggling routes.

But a provision allowing for "interior law enforcement support" is being given fairly liberal interpretation by both the Customs and Border Protection crews that operate the drones and local law enforcement that sometimes wants to borrow CBP's aerial assets
first-time -predator-drones-participate-in-civilian-arrests

Enter ARGUS, developed for U.S. Army Special Forces by none other than DARPA. ARGUS is a 1.8-gigapixel imaging array constructed from 92 individual 5-megapixel sensors.

In a given moment, ARGUS can monitor up to 93 square kms, and because different imagers can be pointed in different directions and focused on different objectives, the system can offer at least 65 separate video windows at once, each independently scaleable.
the-a rmys-newest-surveillance-drone

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So can we get some 'responsibility in government' group to get these and monitor the activities of US politicians? I'd wager we'd find alot more crime than they would. Things are devolving in this country. Do they need a warrant to aerially monitor people's private property? Do we have any legal redress? What ever happened to the 'right to privacy'? Or is that only for the 1% now?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
People, be very afraid, the drones that will be flying over the US and spying of citizens will be monitored by private companies, the government is just giving permission with "law" for them to do so.

This is what happen when a corporate dictatorship take over the governance of the people and by the people, we no longer have a legit system of government in the US the faster we seat and digest this problem the faster we can come to terms that most laws against citizens freedom and against our constitutional right are actually illegal in the US as per our constitutional rights.

Predator Drones controlled by PRIVATE CARLYLE SUB-CONTRACTORS used in US

Remember the nefarious Carlyle group run by elites and behind the 9/11? conspiracy.

We dissected those rats here in ATS, they are to no good in this nation.

But with enough power to be given over the tax payer funded defense budget.

Like many has posted this campaign to bring war drones into the US sky has been going on for a while

Know the terrorist within our government against anti us citizens freedoms thanks to briberies from private companies

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-New York), the numbers given are only those that are exposed the under the table give away is another story.

$10,000 for his 2010 re-election campaign from Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin is one of at least 50 companies making drones of various sizes and types and it produces

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) Sen. (George) Voinovich and now with Sen. (Rob) Portman all with ties to private interest.

Sens. Kent Conrad (D-North Dakota) and John Hoeven (R-North Dakota) this two will reveive and income for their state for development for over 20 billion dollars. Both were rewarded nicely by the Carlyle Group.

Senators Brown or Hoeven in 2010; Senator Conrad received $22,600 in 2010 from Carlyle Group, which owns ARINC, a company with drone business.)

Congressman McKeon received the following contributions among those for his 2010 campaign:

Lockheed Martin - $52,000
Northrop Grumman - $50,500
Boeing - $28,900

His combined contributions from "defense aerospace" and "defense electronics" were $232,900.

How much President Obama took in briberies to sign this bill?

Time magazine reported in 2008 that Barack Obama's campaign "pocketed $870,165 from defense contractor sources, 34% more than the $647,313 in contributions McCain's campaign received from the same sector."

The safety of this unarmed drones is questionable on top of what the private sector will be able to do with them against American citizens

www.opensecrets.org...

www.truth-out.org.../1302937200

We are at war in the US in our backyard and is not foreign terrorist the ones wagging the war is our own homegrown terrorist within our government

edit on 16-2-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Killing a civilian has very little danger in regards of physical retaliation.

That's the problem.

The government needs to be afraid that if they touch unlawfully one civilian, they might get whacked in retaliation.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They are already thinking of transitioning the 188th fighter wing, which is mostly made up of A-10s, to remotely manned UAV flight control centers, They say that they are not going to fly the UAVs from this base in Arkansas, but I have my doubts. it is close to the Border, and has a major highway used for drug trafficking I-40 East and West and hwy 71 north and south.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What is this Soviet Russia? Aren't government secrets just cancer to a free society? I mean, we all know power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
reply to post by sicksonezer0

If only one of these drones could scan my lunch box to make sure i didn't need to add 3 chicken nuggets...

Buwahahahaha
That tech will come soon after.

U

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i see one of these over my land im shooting at it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I guess it be target practice here in about 90 days then...

I think I'll paint mine like the A-10 warthog when I send it back...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join