It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Opens Civilian American Skies to UAVs, Starting In Just 90 Days

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

New Law Opens Civilian American Skies to UAVs, Starting In Just 90 Days

www.popsci.com.au

Just a week after US Congress finally passed an FAA spending bill requiring the aviation regulator to expedite the integration of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) into the national airspace, President Barack Obama has already signed it into law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com[ /url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread772321/pg1]A US Sheriff's Department is Launching an Unmanned Helodrone that Could Carry Weapons,

Video: A US Air Force 'Micro-Aviary' Gives Tiny Flying Robots a Place to Call Home,

Congress Calls for Accelerated Use of Drones in U.S
edit on 15/2/12 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What does that mean? The bill requires full integration of UAS into the American national regulatory framework by Sept. 30, 2015, but if you're in the States, you'll start seeing drones in the sky sooner than that.

Small UAS (under 25 kilos) must be cleared to fly by mid-2014. And emergency first responders will be able to pilot very small UAS (2 kilos or less) within just 90 days.

“Big Brother is alive and well, and now we’re talking about making it easier for him to fly remote control planes loaded with cameras over our neighborhoods. Based on our experience with the Patriot Act, the National Defense Authorization Act, and several other laws Congress has enacted in recent years, it is not alarmist to fear or assume that when we give the government the power to snoop, they will indeed snoop.

www.examiner... .com/libertarian-in-west-palm-beach/presidential-candidate-concerned-over-u-s-drone-program-within-america

www.popsci.com.au

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I feel so much safer!.thanks you king obama! Who the hell needs privacy or freedom? I mean its 2012, I have nothing to hide anyhow!

/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

If only one of these drones could scan my lunch box to make sure i didn't need to add 3 chicken nuggets...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
What does that mean? The bill requires full integration of UAS into the American national regulatory framework by Sept. 30, 2015, but if you're in the States, you'll start seeing drones in the sky sooner than that.

Small UAS (under 25 kilos) must be cleared to fly by mid-2014. And emergency first responders will be able to pilot very small UAS (2 kilos or less) within just 90 days.

“Big Brother is alive and well, and now we’re talking about making it easier for him to fly remote control planes loaded with cameras over our neighborhoods. Based on our experience with the Patriot Act, the National Defense Authorization Act, and several other laws Congress has enacted in recent years, it is not alarmist to fear or assume that when we give the government the power to snoop, they will indeed snoop.

www.examiner... .com/libertarian-in-west-palm-beach/presidential-candidate-concerned-over-u-s-drone-program-within-america

www.popsci.com.au

It means that the restrictions placed on non-miltary drones by the FAA a couple of years ago have been lifted and that civilian agencies and private companies/people will again be allowed to use drones. Right now only the Federal Government can use them. extra DIV

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
mainstream new had a fluff piece on it tonite at the end they stated some of the commerxial uses but said privacy issues and commercial pilots were againsy iy unkless any one piloting one had valid pilot traing and license

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks Obama! You're the best! You've got my vote for sure

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They could watch you just as easily with Helicopters (Manned). UAVs add very little they could not do before they implemented UAVs...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12UAVs add very little they could not do before they implemented UAVs...

Operated by some geek kid with a joy stick playing war games... only this time he has live ammo

At least we won't have to worry about hackers taking over...

Oh wait Iran already did that....

At least we know the operating system is secure...

Oh wait...
Exclusive: Computer Virus Hits U.S. Drone Fleet
www.wired.com...

At least we won't have to worry about them crashing on our houses....

Oh wait....

edit on 15-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They could do that with an Apache or a Scout Chopper. Isnt that hard to kill you from 2-4 miles off and they would even have more options to kill you with. Drones are there to take the pilot out of danger. Killing a civilian has very little danger in regards of physical retaliation.

The primary focus of unmanned drones are cheap recon abilities.
edit on 15-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Leaning on the argument of helicopters is assinine. This law allows anyone with the means to fly an unregulated, unchecked UAV anywhere they want. Thats dangerous, and if you can't see the implications between the lines... idk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The Police State isn't coming......

It's already here.

-AJ

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
They would be wise to not fly them around down here in the south, at low altitudes anyways.

I know too many 'good ol' boy' Red Necks that will see them as "Good target practice!"

hehehehe

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I think alot more than rednecks will be thinking that, I live up north.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OK, I'm going to say it, since no one else has: these drones can be equipped with guns and can target individual people. We have known for some time that they have been used that way in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Given the "plausible deniability" principle, the US gov'ment will simply claim that any citizen gunned down by these things was killed by a stray bullet. It will be the new "swamp gas."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

That's not necessarily true. The Navy has several UAV's that have been in testing over the great lakes border area. These new drones can track nearly 1200 individual targets using a cluster of senors. Including an aerial sonar that can penetrate the surface of the water nearly 20 meters.

The government already allows for drone flight, as they have them in some border areas. This new law seems like they are now allowing for the ones piloted by some one on the ground as well. Not sure how a pre programmed drone is seen as more safe than the newly allowed "piloted" UAV's.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
UAV'S? that ain't gonna fly!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... update this thread...with your new article and all...old subject, new article...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
And to prove this law only makes it official in a law based manner:

U.S. launches another drone plane to patrol Canadian border
Focus is Great Lakes area in search for drugs, migrants
Last Updated: Monday, June 22, 2009 | 2:42 PM ET
CBC News

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security launched another unmanned surveillance aircraft over the Canadian border on Monday, this time in the Great Lakes area, to try to stem the flow of drugs, migrants and terrorists into the country, U.S. officials told CBC News.

above article

Look at that date...2009. 3 years on they make it official.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I hope they do, I back that 100%, this means private interest will be the ones behind this anti freedom devices, no the government, they are the ones pushing this for a long time.

All the money to be made, all the profits to be generated, after all anti freedoms in America has become a very profitiable business for private interest.

BTW with special equipment they can see what you are doing inside your home, now if that is no invasion of privacy I don't know what it can be call it.

Wake up America is is getting late, very late, our corporate government is out of control.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join