It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia on the catwalk?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
When i see a 14-year-old girl , very little in the way of me having sex with her is crossing my mind. What i find more like pedophilia is the fact people bring this up as being pedophilia. What exactly do you think is attractive about a 14-year-old that would cause the majority of men to want to have sex with a young girl when you have older women who are 100 fold what she is ?
edit on 15-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
People should also probably understand this is what is required to market clothes to children more.

High street clothes = Leased Catwalk designs or variations there of

Companys are struggling these days, they want to capture children in the consumer cycle too you know.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have issue with the age, not pedophelia. So now 18 is going to be too old? So they have to be size zero and barely hitting puberty?

The only other issue is the awful design.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think you're seeing a hidden agenda here, that most are not picking up on.

Marc Jacobs ran ad campaign that got banned in UK featuring a 17 year old, Dakota Fleming, looking perhaps a little too childlike for the suggestive ad.

www.celebitchy.com...

I'm kind of thinking using 14 years on a runway really should involve the parent, and I mean like they should be there, not in another state. We should not have to legislate stuff like this. If it is vulgar enough hopefully people won't go for it.

I guess the implication is the people who are the buyers (at the shows) of certain designs he promotes are pedophiles. In that case, if Marc Jacobs wants his name recognized in this way and people have to wear his # that's their problem. These girls are modeling adult clothes are they not? It's not like there isn't plenty of raunchy pre-puberty clothes available anyway.

My rant.
edit on 2/15/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

edit on 2/15/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
OP, if you find those lil girls slightly sexualized, i think its time for you to see a doctor.
Where can you see some sort of pedophilia in the picture ?

Hmm, you're not looking hard enough.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Whoever designed those hats, especially the one on the left ought to be forced to wear it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think that the second part of the argument is missed.

Should Western society now accept that childhood should be redefined.

This means that as soon as a child has the ability to accept responsibility for their actions parental input is not required.

It happens already in the contraceptive field.

Why not let 14 year olds eventually dress up in a precocious manner on the catwalk?

How young an age on the catwalk do we stop at? 10 years old, 8 years old?

Who is accountable when a 14 year old starts taking heroin/coc aine in order to maintain body weight?

It seems that the generally shunned "tots and tiaras" could join up with "teenage totty" on the catwalk seamlessly.

Meantime the people in power with a tendency towards pedophilia will be applauding these changes.

I think it needs adult and not knee-jerk discussion.

I just feel uncomfortable at a common sense level. It is probably why the news reported this in the first case.

It is a sign of the times that having 14 year olds on the catwalk is acceptable. Imagine the response to this in the 1950s - laughable. It just shows hows youth is now a commodity in this materialistic world that we live in.

edit on 15-2-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

They're more like head snuggies than hats.

You could wear one to bed and use it as a pillow.

The bear on the left seems to like it however

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I predict the thinly veiled antisemitism in this thread will, at the minimum, get this thread 404'd and at the most, certain members in trouble. ATS does not put up with behavior of that kind at all.

As for this thread, people firstly need to research the definition of pedophilia and how it differs from sexual predatory behavior. If accusations of this magnitude are to be made, I would like to see a solid case made... Not the reachings made by the OP which are twisted, biased, slanderous, and overtly antisemetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Thinly veiled Antisemitism? I thought you could cut it with a butter knife, personally.

Par for the course on ATS however.. I don't see any warnings for that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Dont know your age but youre addressing something thats been the norm for nearly 50 yrs. You just found out?

Many actresses today....famous ones...started on runways around 12 yrs old...40+years ago.

And Brooke Sheilds was nude while in her early preteen yrs...some 30+ yrs back...and she walked the runways back then too.

Where have you been?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think the pics you guys have put up of layered girls are fine..

But what does defend the OP are images that are found in these links..

link 1

link 2
edit on 15-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

If the girl is 14 years old, there is no pedophilia involved.
People toss that word around too much without understanding what it actually means.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
While I don't agree with using such young girls for modeling fashion on the catwalk.... it's an EXTREME stretch calling it pedophilia ... If you ask me .. Toddlers & Tiaras is FAR worse than this.
edit on 2/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Star because I totally agree.

Besides.

A lot of famous women in the modelling and acting worlds started out as child models.

Angelina Jolie springs to mind.

It's not pedophilia to use a child model because obviously they're needed to pose for catalogs where parents look through and purchase clothing for their own children.

Only the people who indulge in pedophilia or those who are way too sensitive and find fault in anything complain about this kind of thing without understanding the whole picture.

Sure, it goes on and it should be stopped but children modelling children's clothing is perfectly acceptable. My only issue is with that whole pageant scene.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If a girl is pubescent, men will naturally find her sexually appealing (if she's up to his standards). Unless the girl's age is stated, you can rarely discern how old she even is. Pubescent girls 13-30 pretty much all look the same age on the catwalk. Calling the lust of pubescent girl "pedophilia" is retardedly naive. Sheeple have been brainwashed to believe that anyone under 18 is incapable of thinking for him/herself and that desiring anyone under that age is a sin. I'm young enough to have been looked upon this way in this Internet age. It's why so many of us and why young people continue to use the web as a medium to express ourselves since it frees us from the condescension of older people. It's why Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, and blogs are filled mostly of teens expressing their sexuality and their minds.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
While I don't agree with using such young girls for modeling fashion on the catwalk.... it's an EXTREME stretch calling it pedophilia ... If you ask me .. Toddlers & Tiaras is FAR worse than this.
edit on 2/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Yep. Though there was the same such response in Australia with fashion modeling having Miranda Kerr model on the catwalk at an early age like 14-16 or some age like that.

I don't find it has anything to do with the age, it's just trying to make the product look good, as that's what modelling is about...
If you're staring at the 14 year old in ways they shouldn't be stared at... well... you got yourself a problem...

And look at Miranda Kerr now... A supermodel in the fashion world.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I have issue with the age, not pedophelia.

To me that read as, 'I don't take issue with the pedophilia, but with the age.' the first time around. I get you though.

I don't agree because I see nothing wrong with child models in VERY conservative dress. To me if the girls are not portrayed as sexual objects, and merely model some clothes, it seems very innocent. Just modeling something doesn't make it sexy. I see pictures of dogs modeling halloween costumes and don't automatically assume it's sexual (ok NEVER glad I caught that one).

If I thought these young women were being given coc aine and encouraged to throw up every meal I would certainly take issue. If I saw two young women being hyper-sexualized I would be upset. When I saw the pic all I saw were two pretty young girls in garish dress, walking around trying to sell some clothes. If I had a daughter I think that I would let her model (tasteful clothing) without a second thought. Maybe a 3rd or 10th though.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Pedophile need a taste of their own medicine in prison. If there is any unforgivable act in humanity, it is pedophilia and rape of innocent children.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Ummmmm there is nothing sexual about fashion AT ALL....

How is it pedophilia?

Most models ARE very young....this is nothing new

The legal age to work in a LOT of states is 14. It is LEGAL. If someone would pay me to walk around in clothes and not flip hamburgers do you know how FAST I would have taken that job. Plus make like triple or quadruple the money.........
edit on 16-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I cannot believe anyone spends money on that clothing!!
Some people have more money than taste.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join