It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran trumpets nuclear advances, deepening standoff with West

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Iran trumpets nuclear advances, deepening standoff with West

news.yahoo.com

Iran proclaimed advances in nuclear know-how on Wednesday, including new centrifuges able to enrich uranium much faster, a move that may hasten a drift towards confrontation with the West over suspicions it is seeking the means to make atomic bombs.

Tehran's resolve to pursue a nuclear program showed no sign of wavering despite Western sanctions inflicting increasing damage on its oil-based economy.

"The era of bullying nations has passed. The arrogant powers cannot monopolize nuclear technology. They tried to prevent us by issuing sanctions and resolutions but failed," President Mahm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I personally don't believe the West should allow Iran to have access to nuclear weapons. I'm fine with a peaceful nuclear energy program but I don't trust Iran at all. I know that many on ATS are very supportive of Iran at this time ad feel that every nation should be allowed to do as it pleases but it is my opinion that we need to be cutting down on the number of countries with the bomb, not allowing them in our national community. I would be saying this about ANY country making strides towards becoming a nuclear power, regardless of the color/religion/stories the msm spits out. I don't want to see us involved in another war, but I can't fathom allowing Iran to become a nuclear power.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Visit this thread on this issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

I think there is room for both but it is not up to me. That thread is about Iran resuming talks. This is about Iran making strides in nuclear weapon development. While they are very much related, I think this news merits it's own thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There's a few Iran threads...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
There's a few Iran threads...

I think thats part of the problem

Yeah this thread is related but the topic is slightly different, Iran needs to be careful and try not to give Israel any reason what so ever to strike. Even China and Russia can not scare Israel out of military action.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

I certainly would agree with the need for Iran to avoid giving provocation.....if they cared about avoiding war. I don't think Iran wants to avoid this any more than the other players. They just do not want the stigma and world condemnation of having been the ones to start it. They make NO qualms about how happy it would make them on the overall outcome, even if they don't detail how much they'd personally like to do it.

Further....I find it real interesting to read statements like the OP linked to. They are dancing around it in every way possible without QUITE saying it...but they're coming as close as humanly possible. They are making nukes...they know it. We know it. They KNOW we know it. They just choose to keep playing this game in public, both theirs and ours.

Give Iran OR Israel for that matter, any way to start this war and NOT be known as the ones who started it, and the fight is on quicker than it took to say it. It's all about not wanting that black mark of history though.... Who wants Wikipedia to have '..And they started World War III which led to XX millions of dead' on their national page for eternity? I really think that is all this hold up is about now. The fighters are dying to get at each other,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by TheGreatest

I certainly would agree with the need for Iran to avoid giving provocation.....if they cared about avoiding war. I don't think Iran wants to avoid this any more than the other players. They just do not want the stigma and world condemnation of having been the ones to start it. They make NO qualms about how happy it would make them on the overall outcome, even if they don't detail how much they'd personally like to do it.

Further....I find it real interesting to read statements like the OP linked to. They are dancing around it in every way possible without QUITE saying it...but they're coming as close as humanly possible. They are making nukes...they know it. We know it. They KNOW we know it. They just choose to keep playing this game in public, both theirs and ours.

Give Iran OR Israel for that matter, any way to start this war and NOT be known as the ones who started it, and the fight is on quicker than it took to say it. It's all about not wanting that black mark of history though.... Who wants Wikipedia to have '..And they started World War III which led to XX millions of dead' on their national page for eternity? I really think that is all this hold up is about now. The fighters are dying to get at each other,

i actually think Iran is just poking the hornets nest, even the untrained eye could have read the news articles months ago and came to the conclusion of an Israeli strike to disable Iranian nuclear facilities, and the possibility of military operations in the area are a certainty. Just watching the events unfold for me over the months has put the nail in the coffin for me, an attack is imminent IMO, but when and on what scale that's yet to be seen.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ok, ready to be flamed.

Here is an explanation in a nutshell:

Iran is full of extreme religious nutters.
Extreme religious nutters that burn flags in the street and want UK, USA etc to die all the time.
Iran's streets are full of "America Die" propaganda.
Iran is full of people who love to shoot other people and carry around AK47's in public.
Iran is full of people that could overthrow the present government and take control of any nuclear weapons they have and use them.
They would use them without thought because they do the same with suicide bombs and other weapons.
They are brainwashed by religion.
Religious cause has taken over intelligence.

and they want nuclear bombs...............yeah right????????

edit on 15-2-2012 by CaptainBeno because: Mmmm?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I like when Iran give the middle to the U.S or the West in general.
Americans are totally hypocrites, they did the same to us (France) in the 50's, "no nuclear for you buddies" De Gaulle thrown up the middle finger up high in the sky.

Now the jews are pissed off , rotfl i totally love it i'm tellin' you !

"Third world war" is a myth, fear mongering at its finest, that's what it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Ok, ready to be flamed.

Extreme religious nutters that burn flags in the street and want UK, USA etc to die all the time.
Iran is full of people who love to shoot other people and carry around AK47's in public.
Iran is full of people that could overthrow the present government and take control of any nuclear weapons they have and use them.
They would use them without thought because they do the same with suicide bombs and other weapons.

All this on CNN and other MSM outlets near you, by the way all Proudly Jewish owned and operated and US funded:-)

All this on CNN and other MSM outlets near you, by the way all Proudly Jewish owned and operated and US funded:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not even going to honor that with a reply.

Do you have any evidence that shows they were just having street parties? And the flags were just table cloths that caught alight? and I suppose the guns in the street thing is just an Iranian version of the NRA?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Not even going to honor that with a reply.

Do you have any evidence that shows they were just having street parties? And the flags were just table cloths that caught alight? and I suppose the guns in the street thing is just an Iranian version of the NRA?

Actually I have no evidence whatsoever that your above statement is false, I can tell you that if you want to see the real deal and not what the news presents, just spend a Friday night in one of the more dangerous neighborhoods of Detroit.
I can guarantee you that you will not come out of there in one piece.
Iran is terrible and Syria is worse and Iraq was evil and Afghanistan was a death zone according to the MSM.
The Media has obviously got a good foot hold on the American psyche for sure.

Fear and disinformation rules the day when all the Media is owned by one.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I totaly agree.

But the internet is a wonderful tool.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah Iran is so peaceful and doesn't want war, that it feels the need to provoke things with a statement like this. What would be so hard about keeping this quiet?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ok, ready to be flamed.

Are you describing IRAN?

or PAKISTAN? Maybe AFGHANISTAN? SOMALIA? The MOUNTAINS of TURKEY? SYRIA? SUDAN? MYANMAR?

The Homicide rate in Iran is ridiculously low. Walking around with AK-47s? Their gun ownership is like 7 out of 100 people. Their streets are full of "America Die"???? Wth?

You really need to get educated.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Yeah Iran is so peaceful and doesn't want war, that it feels the need to provoke things with a statement like this. What would be so hard about keeping this quiet?

USA is so peaceful that the President has to go on Jewish owned MSM and declare that Iraq Is the Axis of evil........
Why was this statement made and followed up with over 20 years of war and going on and on and on.
Yep I see your point for sure, all peaceful or wannabe peaceful nations do not provoke anything with a statement, especially an address to the nation.

Hypercritical I say.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-2-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Mate let me just say thank you, thank you for allowing me fall off my seat laughing, I love your avatar and
I swear wheni get home from work im going to attempt to make my girlfriends cat into a mini joker. You sir have made my day.

Also, what about all the cancer patients in Iran? Don't they deserve to be treated with nuclear medicine? Oh wait.
edit on 15/2/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by reaxi0n

USA is so peaceful that the President has to go on Jewish owned MSM and declare that Iraq Is the Axis of evil........
Why was this statement made and followed up with over 20 years of war and going on and on and on.
Yep I see your point for sure, all peaceful or wannabe peaceful nations do not provoke anything with a statement, especially an address to the nation.

Hypercritical I say.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-2-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Iran is stupid. I can't say I feel bad for them when they get bombed. They open the can of worms themselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
rt.com...

www.wreporter.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

www.iris.org.il...
This one is my favorite.....we get to do this in Australia!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join