It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics or it didn't happen, or did it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The video is a preview of upcoming features in adobe Photo shop, its about their content aware feature that allows the computer to fill in the gaps itself as opposed to having to tediously do it your self.

Now why is that important? Because this puts powerful Photoshopping skills that before at least took some skill to make a Hoax image, now any 12 year old with PS can make some very believable imagery.

Can we ever believe a picture anymore? Are we about to get flooded with thousands of "Real" alien pictures and ufo?

Will having PICS even matter in threads when anyone can hoax something fairly professionally?

Pics or it didn't happen might be a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just thought of this, My money is on Pics of Jfk's "real" assassin or good images of the Roswell crash with in six months of this software release.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I saw this article yesterday evening myself. Being an amateur photographer and PS user I find this new pluging quite awesome to be honest.

As for doctoring ufo's or whatever, matte painting isn't anything new, this pluging doesn't make it fullproof

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

but it's never as simple as they make it seem. They always demo images that match the specs of the tool perfectly. For instance, the ground is an organic texture that doesn't have a particular direct or pattern. If it had a pattern or grain, this would be much harder to match. If it had more colors, this wouldn't work at all. The image with the scope at the beach conveniently covers the seam in the middle of the two colors, and is a distinct color from every other part of the image. The railing is perfectly straight through the image so moving elements along that horizontal line is easy. Finally, the girls are wearing read, and their skin tones are distinct from the rest of the image. Try putting someone in green, or light blue, or brown, then turn down the contrast. See how that works then.I would say that 75% of the time my images do not match those specs.

gizmodo.com...

He has a good point.

new topics

top topics

join