It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Doomsday (Brace yourselves)...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here is the truth about doomsday: When all your electronic devices stop working, either by emp or lack of batteries/electricty due to a post socio-economic collapse; when every man fight for himself, his family and friends, and his community; and when approx. 5.5 billion or more people have died, then it will official be doomsday.

All of the above is my opinion.... Which sounds pretty good to me

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
you forgot to mention that this will definitely happen within the next 14 million years

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

True, i was too busy planning my doomsday day parade lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

More like 7 billion years when the sun starts to expand and consume the closest planets

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
you forgot to mention that this will definitely happen within the next 14 million years

Yeah, you know the truth? I've been thinking, and given our daily scenario nowadays we'd rather be dead or someplace else, so "doomsday" is something too good to actually come to happen anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

So... No parade...? Awww

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
why not make everyday DOOMSDAY? wow..... after reading some of these posts, I think we really are in trouble soon!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeycowboy
reply to post by paulorf86

So... No parade...? Awww

I know right, I'm sad too... Was really hoping something would happen, but meh... looks like I'll be playing Diablo3 sooner than I thought. :/

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeycowboy
Here is the truth about doomsday: When all your electronic devices stop working, either by emp or lack of batteries/electricty due to a post socio-economic collapse; when every man fight for himself, his family and friends, and his community; and when approx. 5.5 billion or more people have died, then it will official be doomsday.

All of the above is my opinion.... Which sounds pretty good to me

Why not just throw the whole 7 billion into that pot and be done with it?
Give or take a few, of course. you know who I mean.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Is there a petition I can sign to jump start this whole thing?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In every doomsday film I've seen I've never seen anyone ride a bike. I mean you see people tinkering with engines and have crazy madmax cars and motorbikes but surely after a emp/nuke you'd just ride a bike.

I'd personally ride my GT XC1 through Halfords window and nick a Boardman. Oh and a bike lock.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack3182
In every doomsday film I've seen I've never seen anyone ride a bike. I mean you see people tinkering with engines and have crazy madmax cars and motorbikes but surely after a emp/nuke you'd just ride a bike.

I'd personally ride my GT XC1 through Halfords window and nick a Boardman. Oh and a bike lock.

The Stand. Nick Andros and Tom Cullens ride bikes around for quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Originally posted by Jack3182

The Stand. Nick Andros and Tom Cullens ride bikes around for quite a bit.

I shall search for it now, cheers.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack3182

Random video, I know, but it's the only clip I could find from the movie that featured the bikes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree.

Either I live or I die. That's the truth about doomsday. I probably have a better chance in the car, guns and supply departments than most people, but what does that matter if I don't live through the beginning?

Out of the cars, I'm not sure but I think the '70 Riviera, '71 Formula 455 and the '81 Dodge with the Cummins (most likely of the 3) would live. The '97 Riviera would probably die immediately considering that's what they're good at anyway. I'm guessing the '09 Malibu would be gone, too.

Firearms are the same, I collect both. I have enough arms and ammo (stumbled on a sale, usually only buy for trips to the range) to arm a small neighborhood. I also collect surplus gas masks but I doubt the filters with them would be good anymore.

Anyway, point is that if I don't make it, any ATS survivors are welcome to it.

If I do make it, I'll be the one flying past you at 120 getting 8 mpg

edit on 2/15/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeycowboy

Stop spreading FEAR, please.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012
reply to post by whiskeycowboy

Stop spreading FEAR, please.

Are you afraid? Maybe this will cheer you up

Writer: LENNON, JOHN Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people living for today Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people living life in peace You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will be as one Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man Imagine all the people sharing all the world You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will live as one

edit on 15-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I clicked this thinking it was about the Doctor Who episode.
I am dissapointed..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And with posts like this it looks like doomsday for the survival forum.

Now..can anybody add anything survival related to this thread?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah, my vision of you alls doomsday is for about 6.5 billion of you to be raptured to the fifth dimension, leaving only hippies, hillbillys, and tribal type folks me being included. Now that would be survival of the funest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join