It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

Over the last couple of years we have noticed an increase in the amount of petitions on for various causes. They range over just about every type of cause that you could imagine. They also seem to have a bit of an effect. One thing that I think we could all agree on (if anything) is that the government has lost touch with the people's interest. We have a good group here that could galvanize a movement at any time. I am not sure about our numbers on ATS but if we all get on to a cause and start pushing it with friends and family our numbers could become staggering.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a "Call to Action" forum specifically for petitions or other causes that pop up. They could be linked into any other post and it would be a nice way to keep these types of things together so they dont get all muddied in repeat threads and the like.

Anyway, just an idea. I will take this time to say that I am happy to be a member here and just love the majority of the conversations on this site. Take care.

underduck

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
Hello ATS.

Over the last couple of years we have noticed an increase in the amount of petitions on for various causes. They range over just about every type of cause that you could imagine. They also seem to have a bit of an effect. One thing that I think we could all agree on (if anything) is that the government has lost touch with the people's interest. We have a good group here that could galvanize a movement at any time. I am not sure about our numbers on ATS but if we all get on to a cause and start pushing it with friends and family our numbers could become staggering.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a "Call to Action" forum specifically for petitions or other causes that pop up. They could be linked into any other post and it would be a nice way to keep these types of things together so they dont get all muddied in repeat threads and the like.

Anyway, just an idea. I will take this time to say that I am happy to be a member here and just love the majority of the conversations on this site. Take care.

underduck

Nope. Against TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

No threads or posts for "calls to action" are allowed

edit on February 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well I guess that ends that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It goes beyond that:

22b) Editorial Neutrality: TAN provides a forum for the open discussion of a wide variety of subjects, but does not influence editorial control over any particular theory, opinion, ideology, political doctrine, viewpoint or position on any topic in so far as those topics adhere to the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

If ATS were to set up a forum for ANY activism, we would be in a position against our own T&C.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I suppose my line of thought behind it wasn't that ATS would take any sort of stance on any given issue but they could simply provide a place for people to meet and discuss current calls to action.

I can certainly see where ATS is coming from on this one and I didnt even think of it as soliciting. More of providing people a place to discuss ongoing movements.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
WOW...

So we can talk about it, but if we try to "fix it" we will be banned?
Or am I missing something.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you don't want to be on a worse watch-list than you already are on.
I really really, from the bottom of my heart believed that we could make a difference with ATS. I guess i should have looked closer to the rules.

I am in shock.
What you are saying is that it's everybody for them selves. We could organize in a day and get done with it.
But what if were wrong, and it's just chance that made it look like a conspiracy...right?

What if you're wrong and we could have done something if we were allowed?
Let's wait and find out.....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

Agreed ... it is kind of a dissapointing shock.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Don't be too disappointed.

The reasoning behind this limitation is sound.

For nearly every 'cause' there is an "anti" cause. And even for those one might presume universal, you will find vocal dissenters.

We do not want to engender the kind of adversarial garbage that comes with that baggage.

Be active, agitate, discuss, explore.... no one discourages that. But this is no place to 'rally the troops.' It is a forum of communication, not a platform for initiatives and action.

We shouldn't presume that all of the ATS members are interested in your local causes, or your particular focus.

How fair would it be if due to some conflict of interest between particularly rabid members we had to suffer the indignities of their friction... especially if you had neither the interest nor the inclination to be part of that fight?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
Hello ATS.

underduck

lol So you want to overthrow the U.S. gov because? Why dont you leave the country and move somewhere else since all of the problems the U.S. gov has can be fixed internally because we still have a first amendment. What you want is pure chaos.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

22b) Editorial Neutrality: TAN provides a forum for the open discussion of a wide variety of subjects, but does not influence editorial control over any particular theory, opinion, ideology, political doctrine, viewpoint or position on any topic in so far as those topics adhere to the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

That is probably the funniest thing in the T&Cs

www.abovetopsecret.com...
For now, new "TV Fakery" or "No Planes" threads based on the work of this group will be deleted. Please use the existing thread indicated above to add any new material to the discussion. Repeated attempts to start new threads may result in account termination. If we see an improvement in tone, and an effort for collaboration, this restriction will likely be lifted. It's up to them.

so i guess it should read

TAN provides a forum for the open discussion of a wide variety of approved subjects

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Oh it gets better, SO violated T&C with the thread to sign the stop SOPA petition.

this thread : Thread
And the part of T&C i'm talking about.
Thread

I agree though, making a forum and moaning about the world we live in, and yet we aren't allowed to address the problems.

Just to give an idea, if we would actually have a think-tank forum here, imagine the idea's we could create. The solutions and not to mention an army willing to DO it.

Often people forget that ATS is kinda part of the problem. Talking about world problems in a closet wont do anyone good.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I see both sides so the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

A Call to Action forum probably wouldnt solve anything any faster here and it probably wouldnt be as internally destructive as ATS fears. So given that logic why would ATS even risk minor problems to fuel something that probably won't have much of an effect anyway?

Although I wish there was more action here we can still network outside of this site for causes that strike our interest. I withdraw my idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

So use the talk as a spur for you to get out and do something...

All political reforms start because someone talked to someone else about it, and together they decided to do something about it.

ATS encourages talking about issues, and the possible solutions. What we don't want is petitions, and recruitment to organizations.

As for SO violating the terms and conditions with his stand on SOPA? That concerned his business, which is ATS...what did you expect him to do? Ignore it? SOPA also concerned all of us, not just as members of ATS, but citizens at large. I think he may be forgiven for being concerned?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

As for SO violating the terms and conditions with his stand on SOPA? That concerned his business, which is ATS...what did you expect him to do? Ignore it? SOPA also concerned all of us, not just as members of ATS, but citizens at large. I think he may be forgiven for being concerned?

lol that is pretty funny.tl;dr version
"Yeah he violated the T&Cs because it was important to him"

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

lol that is pretty funny.tl;dr version
"Yeah he violated the T&Cs because it was important to him"

Josh...are you ever happy about anything on ATS? From what I've read of your posts, it seems not. Why are you staying with a site that brings you so much grief.

Des

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Wow, i had no idea I had a stalker, that is actually kind of creepy now that i think about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thread is closed pending staff review. Staff has taken note of the question/concern and has responded in thread.

Please do not start a thread about this closure or ANY staff action, do not post about it on threads use the complaint Complaint/Suggestion Form. Talk with staff.

If you see T&C violations use the alert feature. Do not post about it on threads. That is considered Off Topic
edit on February 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join