It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes two nuclear announcements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran has made two nuclear announcements today !!

1) They have placed the first indigenous fuel rods into a Research Reactor.

2) They say they will start producing new yellow cake next year. Yellowcake is milled uranium oxide, known to chemists as U3O8.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:23PM GMT -- PressTV, Iran

According to the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, the fuel rods were produced at Isfahan nuclear facility and transferred to the Tehran Research Reactor under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspectors.

By placing nuclear plates into the Tehran reactor, Iran has taken the final step in completing the nuclear fuel cycle.

Several radio-pharmaceuticals made by Iranian experts were also unveiled by Ahmadinejad.

Iran has placed the first indigenous fuel rods into the heart of Tehran Research Reactor as President Ahmadinejad unveils the country’s latest nuclear achievements

Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:30PM GMT -- PressTV, Iran

Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Fereydoun Abbasi says Tehran will start producing new yellow cake next year.

Abbasi said Wednesday that new generation centrifuges have been installed and activated at Natanz nuclear facility.

He made the announcement at the ceremony held to place indigenous fuel rods into the heart of the Tehran research reactor.

Iran also added 3,000 new generation centrifuges to its uranium enrichment program, bringing the number of its active centrifuges to 9,000.

Iran to produce new yellow cake

Yellowcake

Was anyone expecting them to announce they have nuclear bombs ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Meh, Taylor makes yellow cake in his back yard.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Personally i think Iran should be applauded, with so much negative moves by the west involving sanctions and threats... they have still managed to achieve a great industrial advancement.

It should benefit their economy largely, being able to sell more oil while still providing needed electricity to homes throughout the region.

For those who disagree and believe that Iran has no right to nuclear power, i would like to see those people persuade their own country to abolish nuclear power themselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eg714

And who pray tell is Taylor

A bartender somewhere ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i agree , good for them. This world is so unfair that countries would try to prohibit others from gaining what they already have

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Eg714

And who pray tell is Taylor

A bartender somewhere ?

It could be the name of his dog.

I say Kudos to Iran. Now, if we could only have a power source free of any pollutant that would be even better

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Taylor Wilson, the 17 year old that was making yellow cake in his backyard at 13

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Personally i think Iran should be applauded, with so much negative moves by the west involving sanctions and threats... they have still managed to achieve a great industrial advancement.

It should benefit their economy largely, being able to sell more oil while still providing needed electricity to homes throughout the region.

For those who disagree and believe that Iran has no right to nuclear power, i would like to see those people persuade their own country to abolish nuclear power themselves.

It's not just about providing nuclear energy for Iranian homes. It's also about tapping into the global nuclear energy market - and this is what all the controversy about the Iranian nuclear program is about, not Iran developing nuclear weapons. If the west regarded Iran as a friendly nation and let them advance then they have the potential to become an even larger exporter of energy - potentially making them very rich in the long run while still having an independent central bank. This would set a bad example for the world, considering Europe, US, Japan and multiple other parts of the world are now basically united as one when it comes to finance.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I knew it.

World war 3 is nothing more than a cake fight but i will complain to global leaders for the waste of food though

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Perhaps that is the 'threat' that Iran poses to the world.
Imagine a regime that supplied free electricity to its people.
Unthinkable.
Just in case it caught on.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Allāhu Akbar, Allāhu Akbar ? That's all i ever hear from from these people
I would not be suprised to hear they shout it when they take a dump Allāhu....... Akbar ahhhh.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Good job Iran. BUT...as Bugs Bunny would say, of course you know this means war. At least there is one country that will not be bending over when it gets fubared.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So where does the nuclear bomb material come into play ? Is the needed uranium for a bomb refined differently then the processed uranium that Iran has now displayed an ability to create ?

top topics

join