It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and the possible nuclear disaster that awaits.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Please read this short blurb.....s

Leaders from Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries have consistently expressed fears that a serious nuclear accident at the Bushehr plant, located at the Persian Gulf port city of Bushehr, would spread radiation throughout the region. Indeed, Bushehr is closer to six Arab capitals (Kuwait City, Riyadh, Manama, Doha, Abu Dhabi, and Muscat) than it is to Tehran. And Iran's repeated assurances about the safety of this plant have fallen on deaf ears because of widely reported concerns over the project's 37-year-long construction history and the high level of seismic activity in Iran. ... A May 2011 report leaked by Iranian scientists cautioned that seismic danger to Iran could lead to a disaster similar to the meltdown at Fukushima.[8]

Some scientists, citing the aging equipment at the plant, fear there is a risk of a Chernobyl-like accident at Bushehr.[6] The Bushehr reactor is likely to cause the next nuclear catastrophe after the Chernobyl disaster and Fukushima disaster, according to a 2011 document written by an Iranian whistleblower.[7]

According to Kuwaiti geologist, Dr.Jassem al-Awadi, the plant is located at the junction of three tectonic plates.[32] However the United States Geological Survey and NASA characterise the geology as near the boundary of two tectonic plates, the Arabian plate and the Eurasian plate.[33][34]

Despite Iranian insistence that the Bushehr plant enjoys the "highest up-to-date standards," the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says that Iran “does not follow some important safety protocols”. Iran is the only country in the world with significant nuclear activities not to sign the 1994 Convention on Nuclear Safety, a crucial system of peer review and mutual oversight.[7][8] According to Nima Gerami, if Iran wants to minimize the risks of another nuclear disaster, it “should immediately sign and ratify the Convention on Nuclear Safety, establish an independent nuclear regulatory authority, and implement all IAEA recommendations to assure the safety of the public and the long-term reliability of what will become the first commercial power reactor in the Middle East”.[8]

I had to do this because i believe that there are some very real dangers that are not looked at in this complicated mess....

One of these is the possibility of the 38yr, old and aging, technology of Bushsher becomming physically worn out....(did you read the blurb?) The conditions of the locality are such that even uncoated stainless steel will rust in open air....!!!!
This is a design that was initiated in 1975! I know that it was completed last year, and Russian nuclear technology was mated to German technology to come up with a basically Russian design on the base of the German one, but really folks ....does this lead to confidence?
I hope puterman or somebody in the earthquake dept will look at the earth quake situation in the locality and give us some kind of guestimate as to the possibility of some intense earth movement in that particular local....Th prognosis is not good for the western war hawks no matter which way they go.....
Does anybody see here that it will be a boots on the ground operation in Iran the likes of which you never expected to again since D day? first take a look at the map here......

www.lib.utexas.edu...

Now that you have acclimated yerself, notice that the Iranian Nuclear facilities
Qom,Ishtfahan, Bushsher,ets, stretch in a straight line from the gulf to Teheran.
Blow up the map by clicking on it and navigate to the persian gulf region....youll see what i am talking about...

Now another map....
Youll have to superimpose the two in yer head, but you will find that these facilities are ALL
placed in active zones for earthquakes of a decent size....historically.....

www.lib.utexas.edu...

Now onward towards the final flaming thundering conclusion....

Can you imagine this scenario?
We send the B2s with Bunker Buster bombs to take out the above named targets (i havent located the Fordo plant yet it is deep underground as are parts of others....)
The co ordinated bombing will i assume begin the barrage of cruise and conventional missiles which will follow after the B2s head for Tierra Del Fuego to bomb up and return .......This will be continued till it is time for the B2s to pass back overhead and finish the bunker busting after target reconnaisance by sattelite...
When the B2s pass the second time, either one of two options will be resumed, and they will be either the manned bombing campaign will begin in earnest, or the missiles will be unleashed in a second shock and awe to down any final anti aircraft sites that may have survived the onslaught.....
Most assuredly the Isreali and US airforces wuld be unleashed with the Navy attack craft to take out anything that was still humming any kiind of electronic signal skywards.
The campaign sounds like a clockwork plan for the mass murder they plan...but is this what they will ultimately get?

Lacking more detailed knowledge of the actual underground structure of the country, but realising that the tectonics are active and plate boundaries therefore must exist beneath Iran proper,Iam wondering if this isnt actually a recipe for one giant earth quake that nobody has contemplated happening???
I am not aware of any study about using bunker busters by the score, along fairly active tectonic boundaries,(and possibly a nuke or two)
The ultimate price of disarming an unarmed Iran, may be the mega quake event of the century, triggered by the use of deep penetrating weapons of immense destructive potential......

Further to this scenario, we have the threat of all kinds of different contamination within fallout range of six , no less,oil rich capitals....
I can well imagine the chagrin of the commander of allied forces when he tells the boss they not only contaminated the worlds oil supply capitals, but have caused a major earthquake which has rendered many other sources inoperable...
at least for the forseable....
as i had to go prune some apple trees mid writing here....ill just post and add later if theres any further thoughts here...?
What is your opinion on these conjuncted situations?
regards ................s

(Being brought up on bible prophecy, (not my fault) i cant help but think about the giant earthquake forecast for that time....
The one that will kill millions upon millions of soldiers attacking Isreal from the east.....)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Israel - Iran tensions have been growing for so long, the conclusion of this all will most likely end with an explosive end.. literately.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
you can find ten times the amount of potential nuclear accidents waiting in the US. suddenly irans plants are questionable, but lets all please focus on potentials and forget about helping the Japanese contain one that's leaking by the minute already.
edit on 15-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
worrying about a possible nuclear disaster in iran while ignoring the ongoing nuclear disaster in japan is unrealistic to say the least. Why not let Iran deal with their country if an emergency occurs? If the international organizations need something to worry about Japan is a lot higher on that list.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Your thread covered a few things, but I think your most concerned about the effects of Bunker Busters on a seismic Fault line, and the Potential for the Nuclear Meltdown that follows.

Relax, the US did 700 Nuke test in New Mexico of various sizes and all is well.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So it's basically like a Lada with a Volkswagon engine .The plant drives along slowly, overheating, and as soon as it hits a pothole(earthquake) it falls apart.
In the end you just have to have it towed to the nearest scrapyard. Or hope its involved in an 'accident' so you can claim it on insurance
edit on 15-2-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

TEPCO has it all under control... Right??? They don't need our help.

However the OP made a point about the potential threat to an unstable seismic region by deep penatrating bombs. Some of these bombs are being specially constructed for use on a specific target[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com...]

I am sure they are not going to do an extensive study on the affect of these "super" bunker-busters before they start dropping them.

I think the sentiment was lets prevent another Fukishima... Not to forget it!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks to the above condensation of my maunderings.(i thought i had to spell it slowly)
Here is the condensed version....
The Plant is already not the best one going....
It is 38 yrs new.....
It had two separate engineering systems and two separate constructors....
The parts of the first try were mixed with new parts....
It is NOT an IDEAL situation.
The plant is built, along with several others in Iran, in anactive zone of earthquake activity where the persian plate meets some other plate.....
The Us is biulding the biggest bunker busters in history.....for Iran....
The Isrealis have tactical nukes which make no mistake, will be used to take out the irani facilities.....
Possibly after the US opens them up with its bombs....if they are not effectoive enough and Jdams are considered too inneffective as well....
There are six oil rich exprters whose capitals are well within fallout range of the plant....whereas Teheran is not in immedaite range....
The whole thing is a recipe for a huge and growing cancer of death and destruction (much worse than fukishima, (see my related posts on that one.....!)
I have no doubt the ongoing problems we now face are monumental.....
But try to visualise what may occur on top of that......????
maybe too tough hey?i did my best to spell it....
i have to go the boss is calling me...back later...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Please read this short blurb.....s

(Being brought up on bible prophecy, (not my fault) i cant help but think about the giant earthquake forecast for that time....
The one that will kill millions upon millions of soldiers attacking Isreal from the east.....)

That is a world wide quake in the bible. Not even 10 nukes can cause a fault line to move enough to cause an earthquake.

Israel will use nuclear weapons on the millions of Arab, Russian and Persian invaders before they make it inside Israel. That is why it takes 7 months to bury the bodies all in one place by the dead sea, that the bible says no one will ever want to even go by due to the radiation from the bodies.

Also the civilian reactors that are fueled will not be hit. Even the Israelis have said that. The world does not want a nuclear fallout situation there.

Ezekiel 39,15 And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Any country that builds or has Nuclear facility's on ACTIVE fault lines,should close the facility's down.

Its not hard to understand the consequences,if a little seismic activity,creates a meltdown.

To top it off,if this would happen,do you think Iran would let the West in,with open arms,to help?

Me thinks not.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
On one hand

'' We are concerned about you Iran.. youve never had a nuclear incident yet we feel you should be managed and contained ''

On the other hand

'' Hey Japan, hows your nuclear meltdown doing? flowing into the oceans is it? destroying to environment is it? lying to your people are you? super.. remember invest, invest, invest in America ''

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What do the US plants have to do with this? Just had to throw that in eh? Couldn't help it could ya?

Who has forgotten about Fukushima? We haven't, did you?

Is Iran somehow above scrutiny?

The Op had a concern about this, and expressed it here... Is this not the right place to post your opinions?
Are you implying that we should not be concerned about decaying nuclear plants? Or did the wedgie happen when the word Iran came up?

but lets all please focus on potentials and forget about helping the Japanese contain one that's leaking by the minute already.

While your busy with all of your focusing, did you donate to help? Oh, you must have come up with a solution and sent it to the engineers at Fukushima... right? What exactly has your focus on Japan done?

Instead of telling us where our focus is, or should be, maybe attempt some action.

Here is a site that will give you some options for your focus.
www.fukushima-nuclear.com...

edit on 16-2-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Here's the effect of a strike on Iran.

I'm sure Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and China are gonna be thrilled with the radiation.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch

What do the US plants have to do with this? Just had to throw that in eh? Couldn't help it could ya?

Who has forgotten about Fukushima? We haven't, did you?

Is Iran somehow above scrutiny?

The Op had a concern about this, and expressed it here... Is this not the right place to post your opinions?
Are you implying that we should not be concerned about decaying nuclear plants? Or did the wedgie happen when the word Iran came up?

but lets all please focus on potentials and forget about helping the Japanese contain one that's leaking by the minute already.

While your busy with all of your focusing, did you donate to help? Oh, you must have come up with a solution and sent it to the engineers at Fukushima... right? What exactly has your focus on Japan done?

Instead of telling us where our focus is, or should be, maybe attempt some action.

Here is a site that will give you some options for your focus.
www.fukushima-nuclear.com...

edit on 16-2-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

the irony in it all was my point. fukushima is no where near under control and main stream media along with many ignore it at this point and go solely on the reports by tepco, i'm sure the foxes love being the only ones to report on the hen house.

we have in the US several leaking radioactive sites that have been ongoing an ignored by our leaders for years. iran nor anyone else is above scrutiny although from the sound of your post you're mad and putting words in my mouth so i will leave the insults to you.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
decades of nuclear proliferation has contaminated the artic,atmospher ,land, food supply for the next million yrs. People still confussing the facts and try to grasp safe and clean. while NATO countries have used this planet and the minds of people as thier own garbage dump.I believe that the nuclear melt down has already been unleashed,just didnt expect it would look like it does with the gradual distruction of this planet. Nato countries all are quilty for crimes against humanity with causing this harsh reality that they wont even admit too. Instead somehow they are able to keep the facts hidden while the industry continues on as before,Chernobal, Fucushema,and decades of massive contamination leading to drughts ,sandy and all other catastrophies of our demise. Iran is just another result of dictatorship that forced this tecnology onto its citizens,with lies and more lies.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is more than just nato dude, it is all of them, I ran reactors while in the navy, let me tell you something, they all have inherent flaws, some more than others. but my real question is bunker busters, nukes, earthquakes, what sits below all of this mass destruction? lots of oil, and If the right series of events unfold......

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Oh NO.

They are under-sanctioned. They can't possibly upgrade those reactors and will all the threats they have been receiving, how could they have the time to think that their reactors are old and yes, they were sold by the USA.

top topics

join