It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Website Shut Down by SOCA!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was just reading bbc and I came across this news:

BBC

First Megaupload was shut down and I think a few others and now this:

Rnbxclusive

Lets see what's next!!!

edit on 15/2/12 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Might not want to click that (Rnbxclusive) link above. It logs your IP and other info.
edit on 2/15/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Sorry, I have removed that link now.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Wow. I clicked the damn link before you put it down. Thanks a lot.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jhustla88

I'm sure you're safe because people who don't even download anything would out of curiosity just open that website after reading it straight off the BBC website.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So another piracy site taken down? Very Good

I hope this continues and they catch all those pirates and the site owners who make lots of money through this crap.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Haha. I should have read the BBC article first. I hope I am. I was curious because i've never heard of that website before. From the looks of it, they are going shut them all one by one. Next will be other websites that many people don't even know about. Piratebay and other websites like them are making their websites downloadable, so people can just upload it again if it ever goes down, other websites are doing the same, they can't stop the users from keeping the internet they know. It's sad because the music industry doesn't know that many artists these days use the internet to pursue their fame and profession. The internet is so diverse that they can target a specific market, if you are a good performer and a lot of people like you and share your music with their friends the more views and downloads you will get. These days there is no need for the music industries middlemen. They do more harm to the artist than anybody. It's not hurting the young performers career, its hurting his BOSS career.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It appears they are finally cutting down on these Pirates. with time Piracy will be hard to come across. hopefully.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhustla88
reply to post by faryjay

Haha. I should have read the BBC article first. I hope I am. I was curious because i've never heard of that website before. From the looks of it, they are going shut them all one by one. Next will be other websites that many people don't even know about. Piratebay and other websites like them are making their websites downloadable, so people can just upload it again if it ever goes down, other websites are doing the same, they can't stop the users from keeping the internet they know. It's sad because the music industry doesn't know that many artists these days use the internet to pursue their fame and profession. The internet is so diverse that they can target a specific market, if you are a good performer and a lot of people like you and share your music with their friends the more views and downloads you will get. These days there is no need for the music industries middlemen. They do more harm to the artist than anybody. It's not hurting the young performers career, its hurting his BOSS career.

I agree that they will eventually start targeting other sites like thepiratebay, but the legal argument is slightly different in that those torrent sites do not physically host the files.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's all good closing down these sites but what happens when they start closing down sites like ATS???

The Internet is the LAST place for the so called "freedom of speech"

new topics

top topics

join