It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore's Law Vs The Theory of Desensitzation (Opposing Vortextual Spirals)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
For those of you not familiar with the two theories please read up on them here (en.wikipedia.org...) and here (en.wikipedia.org...).

In short the Theory of Desensitization is primarily about reducing ones fears or anxieties by shock therapy (albeit in small increments) and Moore's Law is based on the principle that with every cycle, technology doubles in size.

I am no scholar in either of these subjects and i only refer to them to provide you with my own theory (Opposing Vortextual Spirals).

Now there may be other theories out there other than the two above which better capture my own theory or help to explain it in a more aligned fashion but for the sake of time and research i have chosen to stick with these two theories as a way of conveying the Theory of Opposing Vortextual Spirals...

You may have heard of the term, as above so below, well in a sense this theory of OVS is as much on the outside and visible by keen observers as it is on the inside and identifiable by those with introspection.

Although Moore's Law is really about technology i wish to borrow the principles from it with regard to the doubling effect it suggests is inherent with each cycle. I propose that in the same way technology doubles so to does the conscious mind. After all science has termed our brains to be the equivalent of super "computers".

We have to treat the concept as a metaphysical one, one of inner change based on our perceptions of the spiraling world around us.

In many ancient cultures around the world there are depictions of spirals in art and culture (more here wakeup-world.com...).

The theory goes, as i understand it.. that with each cycle of growth evolution takes place allowing us to take a gradual step up in our learning and understanding of the world.

In a way it is inevitable that the intensity of everything increases. With each cycle war intensifies, diseases become more aggressive and intolerant to medicines, poverty becomes more widespread, pressure builds up on societal structures like the economy and much of the infrastructure which houses us.

The best descriptor i can relate to this idea is a boiling pot of water on the stove. When you place cold water in the pot it is calm and settled but eventually the heat builds up and small bubbles start to form beneath the surface, eventually turning into large bubbles which surface to the top and at the last moment of intensity, pops.

I believe the same principle applies what is taking place in the world today and which is very much in line with the base principles of Moore's Law.

In a reversal of theories and in much the same way that the yin has its very own yang, what goes up must come down.. and that is where the Theory of Desensitization comes into play.

In the same way a fan of horror movies being first subjected to the fear factor repels in shock and fear at the demon or ghost jumping out of a dark corner and then later after having watched a number of horror movies, develops a thirst or a larger capacity to be shocked deeper and harder than before.. they become desensitized.

So in my opinion it is one theory working with the other. One spirals upwards, heightening our consciousness, taking us up the spiral in intensity.. whilst that intensity works itself through us in a downward spiraling fashion allowing our capacity for more to increase.

Metaphysically the outer world spiral elevates us with each cycle but as a result inwardly our rate for absorbing the intense changes grows. Our tolerance levels no longer act defensive but instead become bombarded and once our senses react time and time again to more intensity we become passive and accepting.

The reason i wanted to post my own theory is that i feel it is important to understand what is happening to us on a psychological level and the implications it has on our future...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Huh.....I read what you wrote and don't quite get. Moor's law deals with the exponentia growth of proccessingl speed and exponential shrinking of chip size; which reach a crecendo, which in the field is known as "singularity". Desensitization is a type of mind conditioning/brainwashing used by few, on the many. I can't see how they connect. can you try explain your theory futher by simplifing it?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sure thing..

I have taken the two theories based on fringe ideas within each of their own philosophies..

From Moore's Law i have taken the idea of things doubling up with each rotation, in an attempt to show that it not only applies to technology but to all things in life.. that everything around us is growing with intensity.

I have also taken the idea from the theory of desensitization with respects to the way it works in making us numb or desensitized.

As i stated in the OP the two theories may not be prime examples in laying out my own theory but they are the closest to hand and to my knowledge.

We as humans are constantly changing but because we can grasp the concept of Moore's Law we inadvertently and subconsciously apply similar comprehension to our everyday lives in trying to understand ourselves and the changes our consciousness is experiencing.

Where one (Moore's Law) has a somewhat upward spiral effect, increasing. The theory of desensitization has a more downward spiral effect creating a hole or space for the acceptance of more.

Thus as one form of energy or idea spirals upwards within us, simultaneously another idea or form of energy spirals downwards within us.

When we experience shocks like 9-11 or large scale earth quakes or tsunamis and war, we at first are left struck with fear, awe, shock but if the exact same thing happens again it will have a less intense impact on us..

That is part of the conditioning our psyches are bombarded with daily.. allowing our acceptance of this form of "abuse" if you may to take place. Where we once exhibited retaliation we now show apathy, where we once showed anger toward injustice we know act indifferently.

We are being shaped psychological by the intensity around us and as a result we are being forced into a submission of despair.

As negative as the picture may appear it is real and evident all around us, we only need to look at the revolutions taking place around the world. As the intensify and grow in numbers, we individually succumb to accepting the reality that there will be no overall change.

It is a battle between the yin and the yang or the two opposing vortextual spirals.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
Huh.....I read what you wrote and don't quite get. Moor's law deals with the exponentia growth of proccessingl speed and exponential shrinking of chip size; which reach a crecendo, which in the field is known as "singularity". Desensitization is a type of mind conditioning/brainwashing used by few, on the many. I can't see how they connect. can you try explain your theory futher by simplifing it?

Did you really read it? He was taking the implications of Moore's Law in relation to technology and applying it to our consciousness, as if our minds are processors (which they are, but not physical computers). It's just he idea of Moore's Law for lack of a better word that is being applied to this concept.

I see what you are saying, OP. At least, I think I do. The greater the left, the greater the right? The greater the above, the greater the below?

It makes sense to me, at least with my Taoist background. The Taiji symbol, which is the representation of the Universe and all things in Taoism, pretty much sums this up. However, within that Universe is our world; the world of duality. Which is where you create these polar opposites.

The Tao Te Ching claims:

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Which is just an example but it shows the meaning of duality. We create left and right, up and down (metaphorically).

However, since the Universe is ever-changing, this world of duality we live in allows for extreme changes to take place. Say, for example, we live in a world of extreme hardship and cruelty. Well, eventually it will get to the point that it is so extreme on one side, say "yang", that it will eventually flip over entirely and produce "yin".

The way I see it, the changing state of the world is kind of like a bladed pendulum, like Edger Allen Poe's. You pull the axe all the way up to the right side, and it is going to swing all the way to the extreme of the left side. You pull the axe just a little bit to the right, and it will only go just a little bit to the left. Of course, Taoist prefer to find balance so they would naturally just leave the axe hanging in the middle.

Sorry if that doesn't seem too related.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

No not at all and thanks for your post. I am very familiar with the Tao and the balance and equilibrium within its philosophy.

My theory is very much a metaphysical and spiritual concept as it is scientific.

We are the subjects of our masters and we go through the experiences they choose for us.
As a result we are shaped according to their design.

As we humans become more aware and our conscious minds expand we begin to look down on everything that came before.. the timeline of experiences that shaped us.. we do this from a mind point of view.. but at the same time our experiences impact us and on a soul level we are repressed. We become thinkers and not feelers.

Unfortunately we are dealing with a world of extremities and many of us are huddled on either the right or left side of the axe..

By grasping this theory of opposing vortextual spirals we can align ourselves in the middle but we have so much growing to do still.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"your theory"?!

you're going to have to try harder than that. this area has been covered. the "fringe" is MUCH further out than you have yet conceived.

please do cross reference "spiral dynamics" with "Ken wilber" and let us know when you are ready to really join the game.

best...

spiral dynamics

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Thanks. I think that this description of your theory is better than your first. I get It. Is this how you account for the increase in psy-ops; it balences out with our increased conscious evolution? youe idea of consciousnous is similar to Terrenace McKenna's regarding novelty which he develops in Invisble Landscape.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

You just helped me a whole lot.
I had forgotten the true essence of polarity. Things (life circumstances) do not feel good right now both personally and globally, but give that they can only get so bad before they "flip" as you put it then life seems to have hope again.
Thank you for that perspective as it's too easy to become mired down in the doom and gloom of it all.

With metta

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumpymaud

You just helped me a whole lot.
I had forgotten the true essence of polarity. Things (life circumstances) do not feel good right now both personally and globally, but give that they can only get so bad before they "flip" as you put it then life seems to have hope again.
Thank you for that perspective as it's too easy to become mired down in the doom and gloom of it all.

With metta

Always glad to help. Sometimes I feel there is a little merit to all this "2012" hype. It is claimed that one of the events that could happen would be a polarity shift of the Earth. Well, perhaps the only polarity that will shift will be that of the Universe (Taiji).

It seems like a plausible time for the world to go from negative to positive, but we'll find out.

top topics

join