It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A MAD Article on Nuclear War By The BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I read this article today and I know all too well the real fears of growing up in the Cold War

www.bbc.co.uk...

I well remember the playground talk of how nuclear weapons would kill the planet. I was at first in denial about that. Weapons that could kill the world? Surely not, and then I learnt all too well yes Adults have made a monster and I grew up for years having nightmares. I remember Threads and The Day After and even now after the Cold War is over, these hard hitting films are as relevent today as they were then.

Is the BBC writing this article to prepare us for the fact that this really is going to happen quite soon after all? I hope NOT but still given all that is happening, it is easy to see why they have done. We the civilian population of Planet Earth will be the ones to witness the madness of politicians, hard line military rulers and just plain evil regimes. Personally I'd send them packing on a rocket to Mars and let them slug it out amongst themselves whilst the rest of us get on with simply living!

I just pray this never comes to pass.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It's funny you should mention it but I saw this related post on The Sun's website, quite curious. An app to simulate a nuclear explosion's effects on a particular city.

The hard-hitting app, designed by Harvard academic Alex Wellerstein, allows people to see what would happen if their city were hit by a nuclear attack.

Source The Sun

Maybe they are trying to tell us something?

edit on 15/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

ETA And a day or two ago I saw a conspiracy theory about the London Olympics 2012 in the Daily Mail or The Guardian. It's all getting very weird.
edit on 15/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before they use nuclear weapons.

Eventually there will have to be a justification for all the crazy arms, black budget, millitary industrial complex spending.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
IMO the only way some country will us Nukes is if another country makes Nukes useless. The US is on the brink of making ICBM's totally useless. Time will tell if sanity reigns or if the powers that be really believe in population control.

top topics

join