It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

storage question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've been studying solar flares and ground currents and air voltage. If you have can goods, would a high voltage/low amp charge effect the food inside the can. Many of my cangoods have the plastic liner inside and that may either protect or toxify the goods. I don't know if it will effect them or not. I have an old fridge I can use as a Faraday box but it will not store much. I also question glass because reverberating frequencies could possibly be created by the atmosphere or other manmade and natural phenonynom that could effect the glass. I doubt if either of these things would be affected but there could be a chance of something happening for others who store years of supplies. I couldn't find anything about this either way on the net but that doesn't mean that it isn't out there, it just means I haven't found it. I also ponder on how these solar events could effect the windows on my house. Energy stays on the outside of glass and the shell of the house itself to a certain amount. This charge should keep much of the damaging results of a midsize event from happening. Has anyone researched these things?
edit on 15-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm not an expert, this is just paraphrasing and regurgitation of what I've read on ATS threads in the past.

The plastic liner will leech toxins into the food over time, and it also limits the storage time of the foods, but even with the liner they are still probably good for 20 years or more. Old style canning with glass jars, paraffin, and tin lids is better for extreme long term storage.

But, as to the electromagnetics, they will not effect the can whatsoever. Any type of current will just be conducted to a ground source or completelly ignored. Radioactivity is a little different. The tin, and the heavy metals in the food itself may absorb radioactive particles. There really isn't much you can do about this unless you have a nuclear bunker with dozens of feet of earth above it, or a few feet of lead.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

any " event " that wil affect your food stock will have a bigger effect on you

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I'm very aware what any big event could do to your mind and body. A person may temporarily lose their appetite or may not recognize hunger. We may not realize we have stockpiled food and be blindly looking for more. These things usually only last a few days until the brainchemistry returns to normal. If something happens to my coffee supply, I'm screwed.

top topics

join