It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago named most corrupt city in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Chicago, more corrupt than Washington DC? I doubt that.

Chicago Called Most Corrupt City In Nation

A former Chicago alderman turned political science professor/corruption fighter has found that Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country.

He cites data from the U.S. Department of Justice to prove his case. And, he says, Illinois is third-most corrupt state in the country.

University of Illinois at Chicago professor Dick Simpson, who served as alderman of the 44th Ward in Lakeview from 1971 to 1979, estimates the cost of corruption at $500 million.

$500 million over 8 years? Amateurs. Cost of Washington DC corruption?? Trillions. If you count the derivatives, that's in the QUADRILLIONS of $$$.

Other candidates :
Camden, NJ
New Orleans, LA
Bell, California
Vernon, California

Etc... the competition is fierce.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Chicago? Corrupt? Say it isn't so...

But think about it. DC is a mini Chicago nowadays with all the people this Admin has brought from that city. Some have went to DC and later returned.

Probably with new tricks up their sleeve.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Obviously the writer has never been to Miami.
Or detroit.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

My thoughts exactly. Detroit is just terrible these days and it has spread to all the suburbs as well. It seems like most city and local governments all have it in some fashion. Even the small town I live in has political corruption.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That may be true but not everyone is taking it laying down. I watched Frontline on PBS last night and saw the segment called The Interrupters. Here were ex gangbangers intervening in gang and street violence in an attempt to end the violence so endemic to parts of Chicago. One woman, Ameena Matthews struck me as a genuine hero - an empowered woman who is making a real difference in her community.

A bit longish but check out the first hour at least - www.pbs.org...

I was pleasantly surprised to see she has been on some other shows including Colbert and NPRs Fresh air.

It's not all doom and gloom.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
That may be true but not everyone is taking it laying down. I watched Frontline on PBS last night and saw the segment called The Interrupters. Here were ex gangbangers intervening in gang and street violence in an attempt to end the violence so endemic to parts of Chicago. One woman, Ameena Matthews struck me as a genuine hero - an empowered woman who is making a real difference in her community.

A bit longish but check out the first hour at least - www.pbs.org...

I was pleasantly surprised to see she has been on some other shows including Colbert and NPRs Fresh air.

It's not all doom and gloom.

this thread was about corruption, not street gang violence. Corruption wears suits and ties.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That's preposterous!

How many dead people voted in that poll?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Are you saying there's no relation between gangs and corruption in Chicago?

I beg to differ.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Aliensun

Are you saying there's no relation between gangs and corruption in Chicago?

I beg to differ.

Well there's no relation if you don't count the cops as a gang.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join