It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Morning UFO? *Pics and Video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I usually don't venture this far into the alien/ufo forums, but I have some things I would like to get ATS' expert's opinion on. I will try to provide as much information I can for those members that like details, and hopefully a few of you can tell me what this is.

Unfortunatly, I had to work at 2am this morning due to all illness with a member of my staff. At a little before 6am I stepped outside to grab a smoke. As I looked east facing away from the building, I could see a light above the tree line. This is not an uncommon occurrence considering that my place of employment is next to an airport.

I have seen many different kinds of aircraft come and go over the many years I have worked there, so I know how aircraft can play visual tricks on you at night. Also, there are no planes that take off or land in this direction. The runways are situated in an X pattern, running SW to NE and SE to NW. This light was in the East, any aircraft from the airport would be North or South of this location, and the object was pretty far away from the airport as well.

But this light was odd. I finished my cigarette and stood there for a few more minutes just watching. It seemed to blink. Finally I pulled out my cellphone and took a few photos. There are three all together and they are not the greatest. I have not done anything to the photos except the first one, which I imported into WildBit to make the yellow circle indicating which object I am talking about. Other than that, i have not edited anything.

You can't tell much from the photos, but I added them to give everyone all the information I had.

After I snapped the photos, I figured out where the damned camcorder app was on the phone and was able to capture this video. It is not the best either. There has been absolutely no editing of this video whatsoever. I did have to convert it from 3gpp to WMV, that's it. You will notice a small dot appear on the left of the video, but that is just reflection from the large parking-lot lamp.

The object appeared as though it was coming towards me, and then it began to shift north and disappear, but I did not see any colored lights associated with most aircraft. I thought it was most likely a helicopter, and I still believe that's what it may be, but there was no tail light at all. It just disappeared!

This was taken on a Motorola Flipside.3mp smartphone.
The video was taken at 6:06am, and the pics about 2-3 minutes before.

Hopefully someone can zoom in on this video and tell me what it is. For the life of me I just don't know, and it was much more surreal than the video portrays. I am sure that their is a logical explanation for this, and I'm also sure one of you can figure it out.

Have at it ATS, thanks!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ummmm...there is nothing there mate. What are we supposed to be seeing?

Also, if anyone zooms in all they will get is a white blurry dot.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

In the first pic I circled the object in yellow. It is just above the two street lights. It get brighter, then fades out.
edit on 15-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah. How are we supposed to know what that is mate? Its a light that fades in and out? If you are looking for crackpots to say its a UFO, then you came to the right place. But unfortunately, NO ONE will be able to give you any sort of explanation as its just a vid of a light going in and out of brightness (and if they pretend to know, then they are talking s**t). There could be mountains in front of you and it could be car headlights, it could be planes coming in to land in the distance, could a heli...could be anything. But its not alien.

If they travelled billions of miles to visit us secretly, they would not forget to turn off their lights.

Sorry.
edit on 15-2-2012 by 3danimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

post by sheepslayer247
I thought it was most likely a helicopter

I agree , I'm sure I can see faint flashing of aviation lights .
Well done for keeping the shot relatively stable

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

I am not looking for someone to tell me it's an alien spacecraft. To the contrary, I expect the opposite as is standard with lights like these.

I simply wanted to share what I had seen with ATS. Thanks for contributing

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Could be an aircraft circling to land. When it turns, the light disappears. Seems kind of low for that, so maybe it's a helicopter. Or a small private plane.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That's not a helicopter, it's a UFO. Helicopters usually have at least 1 red light on them, and they sure don't look like that.
What's it going to take for people to start believing in them?
I guess it took me a while to believe as well. You have to see them for yourself. Maybe get out of the house for a while and look up.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
That's not a helicopter, it's a UFO. Helicopters usually have at least 1 red light on them, and they sure don't look like that.
What's it going to take for people to start believing in them?
I guess it took me a while to believe as well. You have to see them for yourself. Maybe get out of the house for a while and look up.

I cant tell if you are joking or not. Assuming not as this is ATS. Is that it? Is that all the "evidence" you need to call it a ufo? A grainy video of a light? Wow...

Can you explain why they would leave their lights on? Is it not more likely that the red light is somehow not visible/being occluded/video is too poor.

Incidentaly. I look up all the time. I love looking at the stars, spotting satellites, the ISS etc... never seen a UFO. Know why? They are not visiting us. And if they are, they certainly are not forgetting to turn their friggin lights OFF! LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's a UFO 100%. Don't forget what UFO stands for...I can't identify what it is. Pretty sure no one can, so to say that it isn't a UFO is not correct.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that none of us knows enough about that light to say anything for sure...

I thought it was aviation as well, until it suddenly got brighter (and I don't know of any civilian aircraft that does that). So honestly, I can't really say.

So like I said...interesting find, but not really conclusive.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

I cant tell if you are joking or not. Assuming not as this is ATS. Is that it? Is that all the "evidence" you need to call it a ufo? A grainy video of a light? Wow...
UFO, means unidentified flying object. Just because its not identified, doesn't mean its aliens. However, lately I think its entirely possible. I've seen them myself on more than one occasion. I'm not using this video as evidence of UFOs.

Besides the point, this is actually one of the better videos, it's by a well-established member, who I doubt is trying to pull a hoax.

Can you explain why they would leave their lights on? Is it not more likely that the red light is somehow not visible/being occluded/video is too poor.
Whatever is flying those things, they've reached a point where they are slowly exposing themselves. They aren't trying to hide anymore, but they don't want to scare the world half to death.

Incidentaly. I look up all the time. I love looking at the stars, spotting satellites, the ISS etc... never seen a UFO. Know why? They are not visiting us. And if they are, they certainly are not forgetting to turn their friggin lights OFF! LOL

I already explained the lights off part.
There's tons of things you've never seen, does that mean they don't exist?
edit on 15-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ibrahimnm10

Is that your site ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by Starchild23

post by Starchild23
I think we can all agree that none of us knows enough about that light to say anything for sure

I think the key may be this from the OP

post by sheepslayer247
that my place of employment is next to an airport.

edit on 15-2-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by sheepslayer247
I thought it was most likely a helicopter

I agree , I'm sure I can see faint flashing of aviation lights .
Well done for keeping the shot relatively stable

More than likely it was a distant aircraft with landing lights on approaching and descending. That can give an impression of little movement. The plane eventually turns to the correct heading for the runway and the lights disappear as they turn away from you. (Because it no longer is simply approaching the airport but turning to land.) I see it all of the time and a few million times thought at first it may be a UFO. Then, if I'm patient, it comes close enough that I get the correct, shall we say, picture.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by 3danimator

There's tons of things you've never seen, does that mean they don't exist?

Of course not. But the difference is i dont ASSUME its something extraordinary and fantastic without irrefutable proof. Of course its possible aliens are visiting us. But ill need more than a blurry video of a light to convince me.

Surely its best to be a skeptic first and foremost?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Like I said in the OP, this was not a plane. I see planes land and takeoff from this airport daily, and planes have never come from the direct east.

Literally, the airport is behind my back across the street in this video. Landing planes have made their course adjustments well before they even get that close.

I still believe that it may be a helicopter, but why did we not see tail lights when it "turned"?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Literally, the airport is behind my back across the street in this video. Landing planes have made their course adjustments well before they even get that close.

So you are next to an airport filming lights in the distance....

An aircraft doesn't have to be landing to turn on the landing lights. They usually turn them on when they get below a certain altitude. The video looks to me, us, like an aircraft flying towards the camera. When the light disappears, it looks like it turned away from the camera. You didn't see tail lights when it turned because it was too far away, and your camera was too crappy.

There is nothing unusual in your video. It looks like an aircraft, and nothing you can say will change that.

It looks a lot like this but without the zoom:

The jets above were not landing...
edit on 16-2-2012 by is0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It looks like a saucer shaped craft and since night is the best time to see UFOs I believe that this very well could be a UFO or even a Spacecraft.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading your Unicorn posts by the way.

Let me understanding. You were able to find the video option on your phone, right? What I'm not quite understanding is, why didn't you pan over to the left more? Why are you shooting straight ahead if you know this thing is off to the left?

Please help me to understand because I have no reason to doubt your word. Plus, you're very funny (on Uni's thread)
Thanks

top topics

join