It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Auckland New Zealand Waterspout VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Very cool video of a Huge Waterspout in NZ..... I would love to see one of these up close like that.

New Zealand Waterspout

edit on 2/15/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/15/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I saw one of these, while coming back from a Dive in the Bahamas, absolutley amazing, and quite powerful, dont let the rain wrapped tornado fool you, these things can mess you up

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Nice find

I wonder if it was raining fish afterwards...

edit on 15-2-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Aww thats choice bro

Nice footage.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
These kinds of natural events are always cool to see....I've seen small ones in the distance before but nothing as large as this one. Apparently these are a pretty common occurrence in Auckland from what I read. Anyone from Auckland around to confirm?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That is very cool. Since I had never heard of the term I had to goolge the definition. I was also able to view many more pictures. Thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

We get em all along the east coast of Australia so it stands to reason that they'd show up in N.Z as well..

Oh and the 'Choice bro' was a playfull jest at new zealanders... a common form of play between Aussies and N.Z'ers... i thought you must have been a kiwi, but i guess not.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

We get em all along the east coast of Australia so it stands to reason that they'd show up in N.Z as well..

Oh and the 'Choice bro' was a playfull jest at new zealanders... a common form of play between Aussies and N.Z'ers... i thought you must have been a kiwi, but i guess not.

Nope....in the US here. Just love this kind of natural phenomenon. I try to keep up with slang and lingo on the forums, but about all I can ever discern is when someone is from the UK because they always say "cheers".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I was there but didn't see it, too busy at work

Was wondering if NI NZ had more tornadoes per square km per year on average than USA?

new topics

join