It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Dr. Dan Crain (Burisch), for working for all of us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I though I had posted this a few days back, but I was wrong. I can't locate any evidence of it anywhere on ATS, so here is what happened. I think it is important.

At the end of January, Dr. Crain, (USN,ret.) was in a private conference presumably of investors for a new technology he is developing. The investors we required to be independent and free of encumbrances or influences by USG or similar entities as the technology is intended for use by the public in general. (He does not release information on the nature of the technology to the public.)

As it turns out, one investor is not independent as required. Dr. Crain is threatened in some manner to the extent that he gets told he WILL complete the project. He also gets told that they have the power to somehow to compel him to agree to their terms or he may suffer consequences. He counters by saying that the technology is NOT to be taken over by anyone and that it is intended to be used completely for the benefit of mankind and he is prepared to go to jail and to stop working on it if anyone thinks of not using the technology in any other manner.

I have no interests financial or otherwise in the EaglesDisobey efforts, but I will tell you this:

This is exactly the sort of thing every inventor who develops something expressly for the benefit of all of us should be prepared to do if anybody tries to take over their work, to weaponize it or to remove it from the light of day for "National security"interests. It is my suspicion and opinion that an incredible amount of useful, beneficial science has been squirreled away into places only accesses by USAPS and SpecialOps in the name of National security.Dr. Crain gets a loud round of applause from me for standing up for the unselfish development of his technology for the benefit of us all.

If, after half a century of wresting good technology out of the hands of the inventors, we still can't adequately defend ourselves, then our problem is not the unsafe use of the technology, it is the overbearing and entirely unnecessary ( and insanely expensive) practice of hording technology for the benefit of the select few. Why, in a world that did not even know about DNA, quantum mechanics and fiber-optics a hundred years ago, are we STILL using oil to drive our machinery the same way we did in 1920? This nonsense must stop, and since our government no longer works for us, we must do this ourselves. (Or, the people who end up working for such institution MUST change the way things are done).

Many people are happy to bash away at Dr, Crain, but know this: at the end of the day he IS a respected scientist who does do credible and beneficial work. He knows his stuff. We do owe him a debt for maintaining a standard like this and for standing up in the face of secrecy and saying, "Enough, and not with my work, not on pain of imprisonment!"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's amazing that this fraudster is still out there. It's really sad to see people still taken in by his wild claims. He's certainly not new to ATS. Here's a few threads about him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Malkuth

This is some information that I found on now (Dan Burisch).

Link: www.area51et.com...

Is this man legit? I really don't know.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Malkuth

Is this man legit? I really don't know.

In my opinion, if Dan Burisch says something, including what his own name is, there is a very good chance it is not true. Here's the UFO Watchdog article on him.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I appreciate your views on inventions and technology, but you might have done more research into this man before you defend him so quickly. Even if you want to take his words as truth, then he admits himself that not all of his work has been for the greater good of humanity, and it wasn't until recent years that he suddenly became a martyr... For reasons even more ridiculous than before.

You can believe what you want, but don't bring this stuff to ATS without extensive research and be fully prepared to defend every statement... He is not popular here.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I can appreciate the comments made above. I respect all of the opinions presented here. There is no doubt the man is controversial. My opinion is an informed one, though.I have personally investigated several aspects of his "story" and I have found not only truth, but truth driven by a very deep concern for the well-being of all of us, but this is another issue for another thread.(The security apparatus he places between himself and the public has done him a great disservice in a way. They have made a number of bad calls and they are rather regularly in hot water with him over their behaviors, but he is loyal to them and he is very forgiving of their infractions.) I have some knowledge in the area of immunobiology. I have watched Dr. Crain's presentation to Caltech in 2010 several times. I can tell you that what he presented was real science. There was was nothing phony or trivial about it. He delivered his information in the same professional manner I have seen many a doctor deliver on a variety of related topics. His research is top notch and there is no wonder why anyone would hire him as a consultant or as a researcher.

I can also state that I am thoroughly disliked by most, if not all, of his coworkers. They cannot stand me and they often take any opportunity to post whatever they want to about me regardless of how much fiction or slander gets mixed in. I do not expect this to change, so don't worry, I am not here trying to help him improve his public image. I have been banned from his forum (forever!) for ridiculous "reasons".I am not even allowed to write him a letter or to telephone or email him!! This does not mean that I should disregard good science when I see it. This should be true for all of us. We may not like the messenger, but if the message is valuable, then that should be our focus, we should bring our intelligence to bear on the information, and not let emotion cloud our judgment.

I will stand by this post and by Dr. Crain's action in this matter. Again, I point out that too much science gets withheld from benefiting mankind in the name of "national security", so when I see any inventor/researcher stand up to the threat of hostile government takeover of a project , I must encourage and applaud it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This'll prolly be the final nail for this thread. I have followed Drs. Crain closely for about 4 years now. I have personally investigated quite a fair bit of the material that their site has published. I feel both of them are seriously misunderstood. I won't get into alot here because apparently (I am told) there are many here with rather closed minds on this matter. I must ask just what some thought the truth might actually look like when it finally saw the light of day.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, we've provided enough evidence above for anyone who wants to take a look. Burish is a con-man. If you choose to ignore the volume of information above, feel free, but I doubt you'll get much traction trying to promote that guy here.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Of course, in the interest of fairness and intellectual balance, I'll take a look.
Thank you, schuyler.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

As promised , I read the Article pointed to by the link you provided. I am sorry, but I don;t see that the magazine did much of anything other than to cite investigative work allegedly done by others...did you? And when some "evidence" raised any sort of question, that was interpreted as reason enough to rubberstamp the "evidence" as "evidence" of some sort of fraud.

No, whatever that article is, it is most certainly not any report about an investigation, not by a longshot. If you or I were subject to similar treatment both of us would come out looking like anything other than what were probably are.

I understand, as you likely do as well, that some people are easily swayed or biased by just about anything presented as "information". It may be true that many around ATS hold Dr. Crain not far above rodents, but I sincerely hope their position is built on something far more substantial than this article you sent me to look at. If, however, this is basically the sort of "stuff" people are hanging their hats upon, then Dr. Crain has been badly maligned and, in fact, deserves to have someone stand in his corner in support.

As I stated above, I have been following his endeavors as closely as they will allow me for the past several years. I have also exchanged several direct, person-to-person emails with him. He even invited me to his wedding...long before his security people got too overzealous about their jobs. By staying in daily touch with the related websites and so forth, I'd have to say I am in a reasonable position to make an informed assessment as to the character of this man. He is not as he has been painted by the "investigators" mentioned in that article, no way. In order to digest his story, I think it is very necessary to have a good understanding of how our government uses compartmentalization to control secrecy INCLUDING how it reacts when that all-important concept cracks along many seams. I think this sort of environment fully exploits fear in those working within it, and paranoia in those running it..and when things get tense, mistakes get made, things can get messy quickly and extreme measures end up being taken to shore up the cracks. When the dust settles, the resulting "story" ends up being quite difficult to swallow....and no one is "cleared" to straighten anything out.

As with any whistleblower, care must be taken. Skepticism and critical thought are demanded by the intelligent onlooker attempting to assess the material being presented. Certainly Dr. Crain's case- or any case like it- that is described by articles such as that one demands far more rigorous scrutiny, but based on the article provided, it seems smarter to me to keep most of the questions open for the time being rather than to use it to say that I have an informed opinion..and that THAT opinion compels me to regard Dr. Crain as a fraud. There is more to be said here on his behalf, but if everyone's mind here at ATS is basically already made up against him, I'll spare all of us my little tirade and refine my overall opinion of the folks who post here accordingly.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As of the first week of March '12, I see a new member on the "GoldenThread" (a forum online) going by the name of Mrdave, who may have some bearing on the posts here in this thread. Should Mrdave discover this small post, I ask him to send me a user 2 user post, a private message, if he wouldn't mind. I have some information he may find useful.Tx, Malkuth.

top topics

join