It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA allow the children to eat rats.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Watch. the child is not happy. Eating the rats is not fun to her.

Dear USA,

You are feeding your children the rats. If you want to feed the poor people feed your poor people first. The usa is the land of freedom where children are fed the rats freely.

Was the rat cooked? I doubt that. If the child had to eat the rat because of poverty. The child is too impoverished to have the rat properly prepared for a meal.

Where are your priorities usa? You feed the rats to your children.

You have stores for 1$ us where a loaf of bread is 1$ us. You give away billions of $us to no ends and you could instead buy billions of loaves of bread to feed your children. But no you feed the children the rats.

I am disgusted. FOSTER YOUR CHILDREN.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lol thats the parents that made their kids eat rat . Because they had nothing else to it.

Eating rats is pretty common in the asia , I remember some countries its economically viable to eat rats instead of other things . Because its cheaper and so abundant .

Yes its sad that the economy is so bad some kids don't get any food to eat , or very little. Its terrible thing. But that also comes from the parents siding , not making priorities and making food and nutrition first.

Its terrible situation , just remember to donate extra to your food banks

here is a vid of how to cook eat rats in asia . its pretty graphic thats why i didn't embed. www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

LOL is this some kind of a sick joke? Strange sense of humour BBC.
I cannot believe this... are those numbers even correct?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
On the flip-side, they CAN'T eat the lunch their mothers packed....

USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I hope you are right. That poor little girl didn't seem to be laughing. She seemed really broken and sad. I hope that soon things will turn around for those in trouble. But it doesn't look too promising, for the near future at least.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Front page CNN today is an article/video about the Children of Vietnam living in the trash dumps, not only facing the hardships of basic survival, but also predators out to buy/sell them.

...and the bigger picture here, folks, is that the world's poor are living in desparate situations. We know this. It's the focus of aid agencies worldwide to bring attention to aiding and alleviating some of this desparation.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

I know times are a bit rough over there but it can't be that bad.
"20 million Americans earn less then 11k per year for a family of 4"
Those numbers sound exaggerated. As far as I know the USA is still a first-world country.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We have millions of unemployed citizens while millions of illegal immigrants are employed. Many of our people make a dollar or two above the poverty limit therefore get no benefits to help them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

You could very well be right about the numbers. All I know is that you laughed, and I thought it apparent that this child was serious. Even if it is only a few, it is too many.

And I also agree that we are not a third world country. Which is all the more reason to put a stop to this shame.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There have ALWAYS been poor, even in the USA. While i grew up in Nevada and later California through all the years from the time my father died when I was 7, I never had breakfast and my sisters and I would meet on the playground and play while everyone at school had lunch...we NEVER ever had breakfast or lunch we ate once a day. Either spaghetti or beans or potatoes ... one thing only without anything in them but tomato sauce that's if my mother bothered to cook, otherwise we actually ate raw spaghetti noodles or my oldest sister would cook it sometimes or you would get a potato and fry it yourself.

The thing is it is not about money it is about people in most cases. My lousy Mother wasted the food money that came from my dead Fathers Social Security that was supposed to feed us. The schools had free lunch programs from the time i was 10 but your parents had to sign you up for it and my Mother never went to our schools for anything so we went hungry...actually after a while you don't feel hungry when you are used to one meal. At the end of the month there was nothing to eat for a few days every month...poor management of the $$ was all it was!

Next door to me now, a woman with 4 kids gets welfare aid, she has enough money they have her non working husband's Mother and another person moved in. They go to Walmart and buy trash on a regular basis baskets full of wasteful junk not food. The man in his 20's sits all day, big healthy guy won't even mow the grass even though they have a riding mower...year after year I watch this all of them sitting on their butts and doing just fine.

There is help here in the USA for the parents who will take advantage of it for their kids. Many of the hungry kids have their food money buy alcohol or drugs and cigarettes for the parents. it is not because they didn't have enough if they bought hundred pound bags of potatoes and Rice and actually cooked their kids some food.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

First of all, I'm getting a little aggravated by all the anti-American threads floating around these days. We're not the only country in the world with these kinds of problems. The rest of the world needs to wake up and realize that we're not all that anymore. This isn't the 50's. This is 2012 and economies are more global than they ever were. Maybe once upon a time we were the richest and most powerful, but not anymore. We ( our government)treat our underpriveledged like crap while we go around the world militarily bullying everyone else. Don't get me started about how screwed up my country has become because I'll throw sh*t at you you can't understand.

Do you have any idea how many coporations have moved their operations from here to other parts of the world for cheap labor and bigger profits? Do you have any idea how many companies that are left that will hire illegals instead of legal American citizens for cheap labor and bigger profits? Do you know what happens when you combine those two facts? A welfare nation, that's what. We're not the richest nation on earth. The companies that use the USA for mailing purposes are the richest entities in the world because they have our government bent over right where they want them.

Wake up. What makes you think we're the richest country in the world? The corporations have the government by the family jewels and, if you notice at around 2:15 in the video you posted, the boy said that he goes to bed hungry a lot. Then in the next sentence he goes on to say that his mother is pregnant
They can't feed the kids they have yet they're having more? It's ignorant parents and greedy politicians, who are in the minority of the general population BTW, that shine a dirty light on the rest of us. And it's the media that shoves that 10"inch record towards people like like you, and you swallow it whole. Gullible isn't the word I'm looking for sweetie.

You combine our government with irresponsible parents who couldn't take responsibilty for their own actions if their lives depended on it and this is what you get; kids eating rats. Come over here and I'll show you the conditions that our Native American population are forced to live in. You'll leave swearing up and down that you're in a third world country. And you'd be right. You know those kids in the video? See how how there school has electricity and running water? I'll leave it at that. It's sickening to me that we do this to our own. That last thing that I and people like me need are people like you who don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. You spout off about "The USA does this..... The USA does that..... and you just don't know. You don't have a clue.

Zip it up Bubba, your ignorance is showing.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You are so right. Poor money management on the part of the parents. I'm glad you made it out of those conditions. Sounds like we were just as poor as you but we had a mother who cared.

The government does have programs but they could do more. Stop spending so much money on the military and helping to re-build countries that we destroy, and bring it here to help people get back to work.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

In the United States under no circumstances would a child ever "have" to eat a rat.

The child for instance could go to a FREE public school and receive TWO FREE meals.

The child's parents for instance are entitled to a very generous sum of "Food Stamps" which would more than be enough to supply the child with more than the extra meal a day.

There are food pantries and city funded food kitchens. Numerous churches, mosques, etc that provide food (especially for a child)

And in the worst of worst cases the Child can be removed and placed into public care and receive all the food it needs.

If the child is eating rats... the parents are stupid and lazy, or the child likes eating rats.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There is a drop house behind my house. They have been skinning wild rabbits and my cat has been bringing the legs etc over my fence. Makes me sick. I have to keep my dogs VERY wormed. That child who ate rats, truth is we dont know what the situation is.

Food pantries in my area are out of food. The state of AZ is giving NO ONE food stamps or health care unless you were already on it. It has been stopped . You do not hear about it in the news though. I have elderly couple across the street who get 250 each for social security and a TOTAL of 150 a month in food stamps, and they have to PAY for prescriptions.

Us as neighbors help each other out. At the end of the month we pool what little we each have and make sure no one around here goes hungry. Not everyone has those kinds of neighbors. Politicians are really out of touch.
I need a root canal now for three months, but I do not have 1k to do it. I can not pull the tooth as its my last chewing tooth. With my dental I only have to pay 250, but where is that coming from ?
We cut on food, had to buy my daughter glasses. The power rates just went up again. Gas is going up again.
We may loose our home if some thing does not give. We have a one income family because I am very ill.

We do not qualify for any of these programs. We only eat meat once a week. We gave up tv. We never went out to eat. It gets on my nerves these politicians that say, oh you will have to give up going out to eat a bit or going to the movies. CORRECTION, we are giving up medication, water or electric or our home.

Now, now all America is like this . There are still some good jobs. Health care, medical etc . If you are sick, forget it. No mercy. Anyway, I see kids around here that go without . Some are because the parents are drugies.
Some are because the one or both parents are sick and can not get help. I see it all the time here. We live it.
I have never had to eat a rat . I can tell you I am sick of chicken because that is all we can afford for the last two years, and I tell you, it gets old now matter HOW you cook it, but we eat.

Just do not judge, or be so quick to make a call on this, because this IS REAL. People are so wrapped up in their lives that are doing ok, they really do not see how others are doing and are fast to judge, when they have not walked even a second on that persons shoes!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The point is poverty in the U.S. - the world's wealthiest nation.

www.bbc.co.uk...

With one and a half million American children now homeless, reporter Hilary Andersson meets the school pupils who go hungry in the richest country on Earth. From those living in the storm drains under Las Vegas to the tent cities now springing up around the United States, Panorama finds out how the poor are surviving in America and asks whatever happened to Barack Obama's vision for the country.

In other news...

BBC to issue global apology for documentaries that broke rules Independent revealed programmes were made by third-party in pay of governments and firms

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 15/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

There have ALWAYS been poor, even in the USA.

So this makes it justified for the child to eat the rat in the usa?

Your life story. Other bad people. Drugs alcohol.

So you suffered and endured. Now it must be the new children to suffer and endure eating the rat.You foster well
You cannot blame the others.

Why? I will quote you.

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is what should have been done instead [---->we

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

First of all, I'm getting a little aggravated by all the anti-American threads floating around these days.

You feel this is a personal attack on you. Rightly you should. I brought this here for you especially. You are personally responsible for the child eating the rat.

We're ... ... we're... ... we... ... We ( our government) ... ... our... ... we... ... me... ...my...

Tell me more please.

I'll throw sh*t at you you can't understand.

I doubt that. But if you must to throw sh*t at me. Aim well.

We're... ...we're... ...we...

Yes you are responsible. You accept that. You allow the child to eat the rat. Stop blaming others. You are the blame.

Zip it up Bubba, your ignorance is showing.

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

You have to get out of the mindset that others should make your decisions for you. Only then will you truely be in charge of your own life.

Here.

Truly my ignorance. Are you sure about that?

edit on 15-2-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

In the United States under no circumstances would a child ever "have" to eat a rat.

You say this and yet the child had to eat the rat. Who is keeping the truth here? You or the child?

The child for instance could go to a FREE public school and receive TWO FREE meals.

The child's parents for instance are entitled to a very generous sum of "Food Stamps" which would more than be enough to supply the child with more than the extra meal a day.

There are food pantries and city funded food kitchens. Numerous churches, mosques, etc that provide food (especially for a child)

And in the worst of worst cases the Child can be removed and placed into public care and receive all the food it needs.

You are not that observant are you. Where is that oh so impressive perceptibility of your 'Scholarly' '32º Master Mason' title you have set upon yourself?

If the child is eating rats... the parents are stupid and lazy, or the child likes eating rats.

You can validate this how? You know this child and those that foster this child? Stand the conviction of your statement and validate this.

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I feel sorry for your view of Christianity.. for all the verses you forget a good one:

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye
Matthew 7.1-5

Here

Oh of course. I should have known. There is always this kind.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wonderful thread. A country that does not look after its own has no honor, its a brutal hellzone instead.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I accept this as honesty.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join