It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superluminal Physics & Instantaneous Physics - as new trends in research (electronic conference)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I did a search for "S-Multispace Theory" on ATS... found nothing.

They're having a conference: 2-4 July 2012, University of New Mexico, Gallup, NM to attempt to unite theories, into a unified S-Multispace theory of everything.

Source:
www.zpenergy.com...

It's over my head, and I never heard of S-Multispace Theory. But Google search finds some links for it. I found S-Multispace = Smarandache multispace.

The faster-than-light and instant travel sounds UFO'ish, and good to me. Glad to see someone is doing some heavy thinking. I wish them success with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
well, i've heard of multiverse and hearing it from scientists makes me feal particularly good but multispace is something entirely new to me as well. thanks for the link, gonna have a look at it. let's hope the stuff becomes more frequently discussed in credible and scientific circles as an antidote for the discredit caused by loonies who are into pseudoscience.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

It looks like it is mainly about information transfer via spatial compression using quantum entanglement. Meaning you program or "imprint" two particle(s) or particle systems with identical characteristics which "links" them and then you can separate them by vast distances (billions of light years). One responds orthogonally to the other and there's your "instantaneous" communications as the compression takes pragmatic advantage of a quantum ER Bridge. I'd like to see them do it with matter, I've been trying to figure out the matter problem and its lack of structural integrity for years.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Doesn't the title "Instantaneous Physics" automatically eliminate the possibility of any real physics?

All motion requires time. The universe is made of moving particles. No moving particles, no universe.

Newton believed in 'action at a distance/instant', but that was because he lacked the data which proves otherwise. ^ these people do not have the same excuse.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by Larryman

It looks like it is mainly about information transfer via spatial compression using quantum entanglement. Meaning you program or "imprint" two particle(s) or particle systems with identical characteristics which "links" them and then you can separate them by vast distances (billions of light years). One responds orthogonally to the other and there's your "instantaneous" communications as the compression takes pragmatic advantage of a quantum ER Bridge. I'd like to see them do it with matter, I've been trying to figure out the matter problem and its lack of structural integrity for years.

Cheers - Dave

Except that probably doesn't actually happen. And what is really going on is that they've misinterpreted the innate motions of the photons, and have inserted mystical, non-physical mathematical absurdities instead of explaining it properly?

"In a similar way as passing from Euclidean Geometry to Non-Euclidean Geometry, we can pass from Subluminal Physics to Supraluminal Physics"

Dear me..

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

I think the 'multispace' they are referring to is the 6 extra 'hidden space dimensions', added to the 3 familiar space dimensions of our universe. So it's all contained within our universe, and has little to do with other universes of the 'multiverse'.

In this recent article, a super-computer is used to varify that our universe began (the big bang) with a total of 9 dimensions. As our universe evolved, 6 of those 9 dimensions went into hiding from us.
"String theorists squeeze nine dimensions into three"
www.sciencenews.org...

So, I don't think the conference will involve other universes of the multiverse. But will involve subject matter relating to a 'dimensionally-expanded' form of our universe. That's my limited-knowledge guess of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I'd like to see them do it with matter, I've been trying to figure out the matter problem and its lack of structural integrity for years.

I think they did do it with matter - diamonds. Here is an article on it:
"Entangled diamonds blur quantum-classical divide"
www.newscientist.com...

And here's two ATS threads on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Quantum Entanglement extends FURTHER than the quantum world. Article: Two Diamonds Linked by Strange"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/16/2012 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
Doesn't the title "Instantaneous Physics" automatically eliminate the possibility of any real physics?

All motion requires time. The universe is made of moving particles. No moving particles, no universe.

Newton believed in 'action at a distance/instant', but that was because he lacked the data which proves otherwise. ^ these people do not have the same excuse.

If time stops in our universe, but time continues in the multiverse that our universe is in... then did time 'really' stop for the physics of 'our' universe?

edit on 2/16/2012 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman

I think they did do it with matter - diamonds. Here is an article on it:
www.newscientist.com...

"But if the diamonds behaved as quantum mechanical objects, they would share one vibrational mode between them. It would be as if both diamonds were both vibrating and not vibrating at the same time. "Quantum mechanics says it's not either/or, it's both/and," Walmsley says. "It's that both/and we've been trying to prove.""

So they've set out from the start to prove that this physical interaction is non-physical. Hm, well gee, isn't it amazing that they also managed to prove that? Let's look at the proof:

"There are three crucial conditions that must be met to get entangled phonons in the two diamond crystals. First, a phonon must be excited with just one photon from the laser's stream of photons. Second, this photon must be sent through a 'beam splitter' that directs it into one crystal or the other. If the path isn't detected, then the photon can be considered to go both ways at once: to be in a superposition of trajectories. The resulting phonon is then in an entangled superposition too.

The third condition is that the photon must also convert part of its energy into a lower-energy photon, called a Stokes photon, which signals the presence of the phonon.

"When we detect the Stokes photon we know we have created a phonon, but we can't know even in principle in which diamond it now resides," says Walmsley. "This is the entangled state, for which neither the statement 'this diamond is vibrating' nor 'this diamond is not vibrating' is true.""

^ people will be laughing at stuff like that in years to come. Amazing that this passes for physics.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

As for the quantum entagled matter, I do believe I read an article not long ago where a "bar" of carbon achieved quantum entanglement. Probably by super freezing the atoms so they have the same wave function and frequency.

What would be cool is if neutrinos could be entangled and used to send a message back in time to test the limits of the universe. Maybe some laws arent set in stone.

As for the multiverse, multidimension, and multispace confusion; I believe that the multiverse theory is that there are many different universes that occur from the possible outcomes to every possibility. These universes would be considered the 6th dimension of 12 in the multidimensions. Multispace is merely saying that not all matter respects the same laws at different scales which allows multiple "structures" to occupy the same "space"
edit on 18-2-2012 by Dynamike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Entanglement is pretty easy to achive, you use an adiabatic reactor and a couple of lasers. Mine cost me a bout $60k back in 1992 and I spent another $180k over about ten years of research. Eric Cornell of JILA labs brought out his adiabatic reactor (very similar to mine) in 1995 three years after I posted information on KeelyNet. The magnetically/laser coupled adiabatic reaction drops target particles down in "temp" (energy) so close to absolute zero that particle degeneracy and entanglement occurs producing a macro-particle or Bose Einstein Condensate. I've performed a lot of research in this area that has ended up in both the NRC and universities, so I have worked with this a bit ;-).

But like any "new" technology, this is a double edged sword. It can have incredible benefits in energy generation and communications, but it can also be used as a horrible weapon, in reality the final weapon, as the potential is there to briefly create a naked singularity (dependent upon the mass being entangled). As you may know, the defacto law is that "God abhores a naked singularity" and thereby "clothes" it in gravity through the consumption of mass. Singularities are carniverous little beasts and last time I checked the Earth would have about a 9cm Schwarzschild radius if an out-of-control singularity was created on Earth.

There may be problems in our future with the LHC at CERN since Hawking recanted his theory of evaporating black holes.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/18.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join