It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello :) I am new and could use a little direction I suppose.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi everyone
, I am finally a new member to the site. I have stopped by every now and then when I had something on my mind and wanted to see if others did as well. It finally took some questions that have been plaguing my mind for months and a desire for answers to get me to sign up. Most people on this site seem to be like me, looking for answers, trying to be logical and reasonable and not just excepting the first thing that comes along that fits into what they believe without proof. I think that even though some of the topics on ATS are labeled ‘taboo’ the way the community handles them is respectable and it makes figuring out how I feel about things a little easier knowing others feel the same as I do, and that thinking this way is ok.

A little about me, I am 24 years old but still feel like I know little to nothing of the ‘real world’. Real world as in, not what the media force feeds my generation, but what the truth is and how I should really feel about things. I often sit on the fence with subjects that ‘normal people’ would put in the crazy bin, I have had many odd experiences through my life and at times it is hard to really grasp them, I know they happened but even looking back on it they seem unreal. Like things I can’t explain, knowing things before they happen, having oddly strong feelings about certain events but not knowing why but with the way I am though I feel I shouldn’t ignore these feelings.

I have even had a couple events with an unidentified hovering craft, it was very close on two accounts above my car and my mother’s truck, no more then 20 ft above us at one point. I am not saying Et’s but it was some silent flying gliding craft that to this day has made me wonder what I saw. I can go into all of that stuff later when I can make some posts on other forums about it which I fully intend to do. My family witnessed one of the events with the craft along with me and reported it to the local news paper so I have a written account to this day of the event from when it was fresh. Though I hate to say the paper butchered the account. Gotta love media =/

There is tons more about me and oddgoings in my life but this is already getting long. Simplified I am here on ATS to see if there is any practical reasoning to things like this? Also I have questions about feelings on current events, questions about experiences in my past and I am just trying to figure out more about the world. I am interested in just about anything from paranormal to politics and ancient history. I look forward to being involved in other people’s quests to find the truth and answers to their questions in life as well.

P.S. If anyone knows any forums they think would be good to start with feel free to point me in a direction. Doesn’t matter how many I have plenty of time and love to read and I am very opinionated so I will see you all around

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Welcome, to ATS. I dont think I can give you any direction on here, except, think before you post, and keep an open mind on every topic. peace and Good luck with your quest of Knowledge and Truth

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.....reply to every welcome post here, get your post count up fast....

I look forward to your stories...

Des

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Welcome! You may want to visit the - RECENT POSTS - page to see all the various recent discussions. When you see the color forum names under the thread title, if you click on that you will be taken to that specific forum. I personally click on (and refresh) the Recent Posts

Don't forget to fully read the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Enjoy and have fun

edit on February 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: schpelling...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hello, welcome, i too am pretty new but you'll get the hang of things very quickly- just remember to be relevant with your replies and threads otherwise the mods will remove them (i have experience of this and it is not pleasant but it happens for a reason) and nobody wants to have their post taken down. i am very interested in UFO's and conspiracies, basically a lot of what is covered on this site, go into every thread with an open mind. just remember the motto when making a post "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedallimn22

great intro we are very alike in what we find
of interest
oh and welcome

forgot to give a flag
also cant wait to read your stuff

phil
(maryhinge)
edit on 15/2/2012 by maryhinge because: flag

edit on 15/2/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to anything even to me now to build up your post count
then start your threads
edit on 15/2/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Welcome to membership and posting on the forums
May you have many enlightening and stimulating hours on here.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

There is a small (possibly out of date) 'manual' linked in my signature that you may find useful.

I will try and find time to update it s far as image uploading goes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I'm new as well, and it looks like we have a lot in common. My advice is to read, read, read. And most importantly, read the posts you don't agree with. Aristotle said "it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Were all on a journey, and good luck on yours!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Welcome Daedallimn22

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure to act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi again
thank you all for the warm welcomes and directions. I will read the ATS forum guidelines here in a little bit, I have read some of them already referring to reply posts. I do look forward to rummaging around on different topics and getting my reply count up. Once I have 20 I will get right onto a couple questions/ stories for input. Thanks for making me feel like I might actually get some honest criticism and answers here vrs. The run of the mill “your just crazy” lines.

top topics

join